Johnny Weir changing his LP? | Golden Skate

Johnny Weir changing his LP?

Ogre Mage

On the Ice
I hate to board drag, but I read this over at MKF:

I happen to know a young junior skater who is coached by Priscilla Hill, who also coaches Johnny Weir. This morning I heard the following from this skater's mother:

"Just some fun scoop for you. Johnny is going to be doing a different program in Torino. They decided not to do the long you saw this past week. He feels better with another one that is much better. I think you will see a world of difference. He will still do the same short, even better we hope."

I dearly hope this is the case. Johnny is too good of a skater to be using that LP. If this rumor is true, I have hopes for him in Turino again. Now the question is: what is the LP?

Last edited:
Ogre Mage said:

I dearly hope this is the case. Johnny is too good of a skater to be using that LP. If this rumor is true, I have hopes for him in Turino again. Now the question is: what is the LP?
Will Tarassova be a part of this new routine?

Joe

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
If true, this is great news IMO! It wouldn't bother me a bit if he just went back to Otonal. Anything but this one.

DG

Frau Muller

Final Flight
Weir, along with Miki Ando, desperately need to change their respective LPs, to add excitement (and, thus, be more competitive). As it stands, we need No-Doz to sit through Miki's & Johnny's LPs. They are both too good for such BORING routines & music.

~Muffin~

Match Penalty
I have only seen this season's LP from him once and I was lulled away to sleep before I knew it. For anyone who has it taped they have a good cure for insomnia but I hope he has an exciting new LP and I hope he is 100% healthy for the Olympics and that he medals there like he deserves to.

euterpe

Medalist
I don't think Johnny ever really 'got into' his FS music, even though he chose it. If he is working on a new FS that he CAN get into (the way he's into "The Swan"), then good for him. Johnny has to relate to his music inside himself in order to put it over with an audience (and judges are also audience members). I hope he skates lights out in Torino and gets a spot on the podium.

Go JOHNNY!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I highly doubt he's going to have a completely NEW program geared for the olys... I share the opinion of those that say bring back Otonal... great music and a program that even I can't ignore :agree:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:bow: :bow: Otonal, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze. :biggrin:

Dee

pollyls

Rinkside
Johnny's current music is just awful. It's so cheesy. I agree with everyone who would like to see him skate a different LP at the Olympics. Dr. Zhivago was my favorite of his, and I'd love to see that one again. I wonder if he's resurrecting the "Liebestraum" LP?

eliza88

On the Ice
I certainly hope this is true! Too much talent and flow to be wasted on blah music! In the words of Mr. Button, "This music just does not sing!"

eliza88

PS. I think the Men's comp at Turino will be the most exciting to watch...so many contenders!

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
pollyls said:
Johnny's current music is just awful.
I love his Otoanl music so much and was really trying to get into his new program and music. At Nationals, I was really getting into the music when I think Kurt said..............this music sucks. Not in those exact words but meaning not very strong, too quieit whatever. To be honest, I think the music is beautiful and there is a very nice crescendo but I don't think Johnny is doing the music justice, not like he did with his Otonal programs.

Dee

blackrose050

Rinkside
I went to go check out the original post on the MK Forum, but it has been removed/ "edited by request." Could that mean there is some truth to the rumor?

I would guess we'd hear from Johnny soon if it IS true...he's about due for a new journal entry, anyways.

S

SkateFan4Life

Ogre Mage said:

OK, if Johnny Weir wants to switch long programs just a few weeks from the Olympics, he must have a good reason for doing so. I agree that his LP music wasn't exactly thrilling, and a skater as talented as Weir should skate to music that's, well thrilling. :biggrin:

I do question how this information has leaked to the general public. It sounds as though somebody has a big mouth, plain and simple. I hardly think that Priscilla Hill would go around spilling the beans about a program switch. Probably a busy-body at the rink - another skater, coach, parent, etc - happened to hear her discussing this subject with Johnny, another coach, or somebody who has a definite need to know. This is just adding fodder to the rumor mill.

76olympics

On the Ice
"I was bored watching myself." :rofl: Johnny does have a good website, I must say. He seems to care about his fans.

Vash01

Medalist
The only thing that was wrong with Johnny's LP music was that it was more suitable for Irina than for Johnny. Otonal is more suitable to him. It is a good decision.

Vash

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:bow: :bow: OMG, Otonal, :love: :love: I think my heart just stopped!!!!!:clap: :clap: :agree: :agree: :rock: :rock:

Dee