Junhwan Cha | Page 47 | Golden Skate

Junhwan Cha

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Just watched Jun’s SP and FS performances back to back, being able to focus this time without the distraction of work, Nepela, other skaters, etc. And wow. He is noticeably stronger and more mature this season in every aspect of his skating, not only in his jumps but also in his skating skills and performance. I wouldn’t be surprised if he becomes one of skating’s next megastars.

Daniel1998

Final Flight
Korean (men and Athletes) are usually tall I think. When I watch Korean drama, male actors are usually 5'10 up.

As a Korean man...
Just a heads up that the Korean entertainment industry is NOT an accurate representation of the population. 5'10 is a dream for most of us. :laugh2:

Major congrats to Jun, I hope this season he can make his move.

Imov

Medalist
I hope Jun places well also in GPF and Worlds this 2018-2019 season. I honestly think he is wonderful raw talent.

khtmyzr

Final Flight
I really think Junhwan is set to be the next skater with a pop idol-like fandom, if he doesn’t already.

Suze

Rinkside
Good job on the short! Even though there were some URs, it was a good performance especially in light of the fact that he was the first to go. I would’ve put him in first over Kolyada who had two noticeable flaws - a fall and a botched jump - but i think, mental game-wise, 2nd place is better position to be going into the Free. Good luck tomorrow!

s_parks

Record Breaker
Good job on the short! Even though there were some URs, it was a good performance especially in light of the fact that he was the first to go. I would’ve put him in first over Kolyada who had two noticeable flaws - a fall and a botched jump - but i think, mental game-wise, 2nd place is better position to be going into the Free. Good luck tomorrow!

Agree. And hope his lingering hip/ankle injuries get better progressively. (he says he's feeling much better than last season but there's lingering pain)
He's so consistent. And kinda funny how he tends to UR rather than fall when he has a not-clean skate.

Imov

Medalist
Keep on improving Jun, infairness to Republic of Korea they are very supportive. I will not be surprised if one day they will rival Japan's crowd support in the future because of Jun.

nervosa

On the Ice
Oh man, I didn't even know Jun was competing today... But good job! I think one of Jun's strengths is his overall style of skating that makes his entire performance nice to watch regardless of errors. Still being lowballed on PCS in comparison to other skaters though, but it should go up as he starts making his mark :). I think the underrotations should smooth out as the season goes on, too.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Ack, not his best skate. Still, junhwan is also human and allowed to have one messy early-season skate. :p Still, congrats for another medal!

breadstal

Record Breaker
Omg when he fell on last spin :laugh: DID YOU GUYS SEE THAT HEIGHT ON HIS FIRST 3A(-2T). Also 3Lz-3Lo and 3F-Eu-3S were so good too! Many highs and lows in free buy two Challenger silvers are good, especially after season with constant pressure and injuries. I hope he's up there on wait list to get second GP event :pray:

s_parks

Record Breaker
Omg when he fell on last spin :laugh: DID YOU GUYS SEE THAT HEIGHT ON HIS FIRST 3A(-2T). Also 3Lz-3Lo and 3F-Eu-3S were so good too! Many highs and lows in free buy two Challenger silvers are good, especially after season with constant pressure and injuries. I hope he's up there on wait list to get second GP event :pray:

He already has a 2nd gp; he got gp Finland. :) Presumably why he chose to do a second challenger here.
Anyways, it was barely 2 weeks between autumn classic and this event, so this is still a good result, as you said.

nervosa

On the Ice
Ack, not his best skate. Still, junhwan is also human and allowed to have one messy early-season skate. :p Still, congrats for another medal!

Yeah his expression when he fell on the last spin... But he seems to be doing okay overall. His 3lz-3lo is good, I think the lutz edge is improving from slight inside to flat. And I looked at the protocol... Even with a botched quad and other errors, his base value was 10 points higher than Kolyada and TES was even after GOE. And his PCS rose significantly from the SP, mid-to-high 7s to low 8s. I think he's on an upward trajectory.

icetug

Medalist
I think Jun won today internal TCC competition for the most spectacular mistake on spin. ;)

Second silver in a row let me wish him to continue the silver course throughout GP series...