Junhwan Cha | Page 48 | Golden Skate

Junhwan Cha

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Congratulations to Jun for his silver at Finlandia! His expressions in the k&c were adorable.:) Brian didn’t seem concerned at all. Just an off day. I’m a big fan of Kolyada, but I’d actually predicted Jun to win here based on how he looked at Autumn Classic.

Edited: And I’m looking forward to seeing him live for the first time at Skate Canada!

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Definite congrats, and lots of positive vibes for this to be his breakout year :biggrin:

And give the boy one big credit - given all the criticism and gnashing of teeth about his R&J music cut before ACI, he seems from what I've read to be winning a lot of people round to it by his performance and his all round appeal and joy in skating it, which isn't an easy task, but full marks!!!

eaglehelang

Final Flight
Aww, Cha looked so disappointed with himself after he fell on the spin. Like 'how come I can slip & fall doing a spin?!'

Orser's cool abt it, he's seen all sorts of falls from his students.

breadstal

Record Breaker
He already has a 2nd gp; he got gp Finland. :) Presumably why he chose to do a second challenger here.
Anyways, it was barely 2 weeks between autumn classic and this event, so this is still a good result, as you said.

Omg thank you, I forgot we're getting GP Finland instead of CoC and I got confused at the end :drama: That's great then :pray:

icetug

Medalist
Just saw this interview from Finlandia. He is so cute! And really good English too.

His accent is exactly the same my cousins from Toronto speak with :agree2:

"This summer I had really great time, I worked really hard" - my boy! :laugh:

And he was politic talking about his friends at TCC. It's easy to miss one's name, so it's always better to say "I like everybody and they give me good energy". Good job.

Orser's choice of Cinderella and Jun's fulfilled dream of R&J made a unique set of programs for this season, beautifully fitting to his age and appearance. I wish Jun injury-free season full of wonderful performances.

liv

Record Breaker
wow. His English really has improved, and so has his accent. It really does seem as if he's quite happy this year... which is understandable since he's finally injury free and can train well. Good luck to him this season.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
His accent is exactly the same my cousins from Toronto speak with :agree2:

"This summer I had really great time, I worked really hard" - my boy! :laugh:

And he was politic talking about his friends at TCC. It's easy to miss one's name, so it's always better to say "I like everybody and they give me good energy". Good job.

Orser's choice of Cinderella and Jun's fulfilled dream of R&J made a unique set of programs for this season, beautifully fitting to his age and appearance. I wish Jun injury-free season full of wonderful performances.

Jun was in Conrad Orzel's Instagram Live from today. He was horrified with Conrad's attempt to make Korean Ramen (Conrad didn't wait for him to read the instructions). And Conrad claimed the title of Jun's best friend.

khtmyzr

Final Flight
Jun was in Conrad Orzel's Instagram Live from today. He was horrified with Conrad's attempt to make Korean Ramen (Conrad didn't wait for him to read the instructions). And Conrad claimed the title of Jun's best friend.

Junhwan’s reaction to the cup ramyeon incident was soooo relatable. :laugh:

Haleth

On the Ice

I...may have bought a ramen plushie to toss on the ice for Jun at SCI. :laugh:

What I should have done is had some ramen shipped from Sukoshi Mart in downtown TO to Conrad for practice purposes and a warning to only make under the supervision of Jun, Shingo, or Yuzu. That pic Conrad posted of the ramen he made was a bit terrifying.

Imov

Medalist
Dear Republic of Korea Ramyeon companies please give Jun a CF.
He is a great advocate of this product.

sk8isgr8

Rinkside
Can't wait for Skate Canada!!! Also: is Jun training in Canada alone, or does his family live in Canada? It'd be interesting if TCC had dorms for the skaters to live in

nervosa

On the Ice
Can't wait for Skate Canada!!! Also: is Jun training in Canada alone, or does his family live in Canada? It'd be interesting if TCC had dorms for the skaters to live in

Jun is in Toronto with his mom.

TCC doesn't have dorms. I don't think it would be a good idea since many of the skaters are living far away from home, some with their moms (Zhenya, and Jun, and maybe Yuzuru) and probably want some level of privacy.

Imov

Medalist
Momlethes are the best.
Though Jun is a model in Korea and is earning a sum doing it I am sure his Dad is also contributing to his needs.

I was binge watching Conrad's IG lives featuring Jun. He seems like a very quiet type of guy.
But in the Kiss and Cry episodes when he was 10years old, he was so energetic and loveable.
The video where he refuses to kiss a girl LMAO little Jun. :rofl2:

nervosa

On the Ice
I was binge watching Conrad's IG lives featuring Jun. He seems like a very quiet type of guy.

Is it possible to watch lives after the fact? I deleted my Instagram after not using it for the past year and a half, but my interest is piqued

Imov

Medalist
Is it possible to watch lives after the fact? I deleted my Instagram after not using it for the past year and a half, but my interest is piqued

There is a n IG fan account that saved the videos you can check it out here: bleuy1021

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
There's also FSIgstories (twitter.com/FSIgstories) though that's everyone.

Last edited:

Imov

Medalist
Guys in what competitions si Jun gonna be in?
So far ACI, Finlandia and Skate Canada? Anywhere else?
I need to place him in my calendar. :eek::