Kamila Valieva anti-doping rule violation: Timeline | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Kamila Valieva anti-doping rule violation: Timeline

SaveSkating

Spectator
It doesn’t make any sense to start doping now, especially Kamila, who is head and shoulders above everyone. Plus, the doping benefits in a complex sport like figure skating are small and that’s why such scandals are rare. A heart medication doesn’t make you more flexible, musical, beautiful, athletic or coordinated. It is the talent and the hard work that does.

I don't if the news is true or not, so this is not about Valieva. But this drug increases blood flow to the heart, which probably means it increases stamina and the ability to execute difficult jumps at the end of a program. This has absolutely nothing to do with talent. No one here is debating Valieva's talent, musicality, or hard work. She's one of a kind. But this is sport. One jump can make the difference between gold and silver, so it matters if she's taking this medication or not. If it turns out that she did take it, I don't believe she belongs in the Olympics, no matter how extraordinary she is. But maybe there's an innocent explanation, so let's wait and see what happens.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I mean those who did the test.
They probably knew if there was a problem or not with Kamila. In that case, why didn’t they mention it ?
Moreover, if Kami takes medication, her doctor should know if it’s allowed or not. It’s his job.
People messed up but I hope there's a way to find out whether this news came out in the last 24 hours about the yet of the trace substances in the sample or if this sample was sat on for days letting her star in the geam event. If it is that I hope that can be proven I find it hard to believe it would take 6 weeks to test a sample I mean thoroughly test a sample on the number one skater in the sport.

Even if she gets a miracle and can continue or go to worlds what kind of mental shape can KV be in? Her parents need to fly their ASAP. EG Is not enough.

Scott512

Record Breaker
It must be remembered that of the 11 medals that the IOC, in cooperation with WADA, tried to take away from Russia after the 2014 Olympics, 9 were successfully defended in court. This is very rarely talked about, but the cries about the unprecedented doping system do not subside.
People don't know that. Maybe her only chance is to have the Russian federation threaten to take the IOC to court for years if they don't let her continue in the Olympics.

They are very likely to play hardball with a 15 year old minor you better play hardball back.

dhjh811

On the Ice
But she wins medals all the time gold medals all the time. There's no need to wait 6 weeks or 8 weeks to do a real drug test on her sample from December. What kind of professionalism is that? Take a sample do the test this all could have been resolved a month or so ago.

I did a PCR test on Friday and got my results today. I would think in the multi billion dollar sports world of the Olympics and Europeans they could have done this a little faster.

I hope being a minor and not having a parent around they throw KV life preserve or somehow do a quick investigation and let her skate in one week.

Of course we have to find out if the Russian federation and the Russian Olympic committee is going to stand up for this girl and push forward for her no matter the ramifications afterwards. If they have to remember this is a human being not just an athlete.
it's important to keep in mind that they literally have thousands of urine samples from elite athletes from countless different sports. It is not unusual that they did not have the results for specifically Kamila as soon as the sample was collected because they might not even have started testing as soon as the sample was collected, or even after Kamila won Europeans.

I'm praying that this won't end in disaster for Kamila. I can't even fathom the amount of stress she's under right now.

Scott512

Record Breaker
it's important to keep in mind that they literally have thousands of urine samples from elite athletes from countless different sports. It is not unusual that they did not have the results for specifically Kamila as soon as the sample was collected because they might not even have started testing as soon as the sample was collected, or even after Kamila won Europeans.

I'm praying that this won't end in disaster for Kamila. I can't even fathom the amount of stress she's under right now.
I'm not even thinking about the Olympics right now for KV I'm thinking about her career which can still be phenomenal. No way is a freaking minor responsible for what goes into her system. Especially if its doctor prescribed. Maria Sharapova had her fantastic tennis career tainted because she took a heart drug at 1 time that was approved before it was approved before it was banned and she and her team did not know that and kept taking it and she got caught. But she was like 30 years old when that happened KV is 15. I hope they cut her some slack. She is a minor after all and she needs her parents as soon as possible and she needs to be getting counseling from somebody because who knows what kind of depression and devastation she actually feels? We are talking about a human being here not a urine sample.

I also agree with imagine about the timing of this. It's very suspicious but will probably never be able to prove anything like it was delayed even though they knew there was a though there was a taint in the sample. If it's really only a tray sample and they did not find it at 1st look then that could play to her advantage. I just hope this phenomenon is not mentally broken she has to have the right people in her life right now.

dhjh811

On the Ice
I'm not even thinking about the Olympics right now for KV I'm thinking about her career which can still be phenomenal. No way is a freaking minor responsible for what goes into her system. Especially if its doctor prescribed. Maria Sharapova had her fantastic tennis career tainted because she took a heart drug at 1 time that was approved before it was approved before it was banned and she and her team did not know that and kept taking it and she got caught. But she was like 30 years old when that happened KV is 15. I hope they cut her some slack. She is a minor after all and she needs her parents as soon as possible and she needs to be getting counseling from somebody because who knows what kind of depression and devastation she actually feels? We are talking about a human being here not a urine sample.

I also agree with imagine about the timing of this. It's very suspicious but will probably never be able to prove anything like it was delayed even though they knew there was a though there was a taint in the sample. If it's really only a tray sample and they did not find it at 1st look then that could play to her advantage. I just hope this phenomenon is not mentally broken she has to have the right people in her life right now.
yeah, I agree. None of this is Kamila's fault, and I'm glad that people recognize this. Although there are bound to be some crazies that will try to pin the blame on her too.

But she's come to the rink for practice just now, so maybe this is a sign that things will work out for her this Olympics too!

jen84

Rinkside

Press conference said nothing so far.
“Legal issue”.

Scott512

Record Breaker
yeah, I agree. None of this is Kamila's fault, and I'm glad that people recognize this. Although there are bound to be some crazies that will try to pin the blame on her too.

But she's come to the rink for practice just now, so maybe this is a sign that things will work out for her this Olympics too!
What she's at practice? She's only 15 she needs to keep a normal routine. I really hope there are people around her that can help her no matter what decisions are made. It's possible somebody dumped something into her food or a drink it's also possible a doctor accidentally gave her a banned substance.

You don't even know if KV has cardiovascular issues whatever she would need to be safe taking something but it's common for professional athletes because they work their hearts so hard.

Greengemmonster

On the Ice
I'm probably being overly optimistic but could this be a visa or even a vaccination issue and not a drug test at all? That's why the IOC is saying nothing?

Scott512

Record Breaker
I'm probably being overly optimistic but could this be a visa or even a vaccination issue and not a drug test at all? That's why the IOC is saying nothing?
Probably not but I don't understand why they still are calling it a legal issue. If this 15 year old girl took something that was a banned substance she wouldn't have known it would have fo have be es n an adult giving it to or through a prescription or somebody dumping it in her food or drink knowing she might test positive.

Again how can it be a legal issue since she's not going to be charged as a criminal or face jail time? If it's a sports issue and they think she cheated accidentally then they will take the appropriate actions is the actions of suspending her from competition for a set a period of time.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Talks of the press speakers are usually made for mitigating the situation but at least there is some hope. We should see in an hour.
And I might be asleep by then......cause I gotta wake up early.....

I just want everyone to get their medal that they worked so hard for.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
And I might be asleep by then......cause I gotta wake up early.....

I just want everyone to get their medal that they worked so hard for.
Now it seems the official statement will be made later according to what was posted in the russian ladies thread.

Edit: oh, they meant eastern US time, my bad.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Russian source ^