Kamila Valieva anti-doping rule violation: Timeline | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Kamila Valieva anti-doping rule violation: Timeline

Scott512

Record Breaker
There is some useful and to some level potentially positive info (in the sense "there is a chance Kami won't be excluded") in this article:
I was not expecting this which is pretty good news after a day of terrible news and speculation so I will take it. The hammer can still fall on KV and the Russian Olympic team today tomorrow or anytime before the end of the Olympic Games or after for that matter.
But for now she plays on I just wish we had more information from the ioc and it disturbs me that they're being so secretive.

Also how can they do a team gold medal Victory ceremony weather other competitions have taken place or are taking place except for the ladies? I mean is there even time for these athletes to get together to do a victory ceremony when their focus is on the individual event? Or does the ioc at this point not even want them to have a victory ceremony in case they have to take the gold medal from Team Russia down the road?

As for the phenom KV I hope she had a good day of practice and has a good dinner and a great night and gets back at it tomorrow.

Lechat

On the Ice
Country
France
Yay, Kamila was training and smiling! That's some good news for the morning! :pray:
I’m glad, she keeps her composure but after all this drama, it’s not the same state of mind.
She will skate with a double handicap now. It’s like all things are gathered to make her fail the single event.

Last edited:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was not expecting this which is pretty good news after a day of terrible news and speculation so I will take it. The hammer can still fall on KV and the Russian Olympic team today tomorrow or anytime before the end of the Olympic Games or after for that matter.
But for now she plays on I just wish we had more information from the ioc and it disturbs me that they're being so secretive.

Also how can they do a team gold medal Victory ceremony weather other competitions have taken place or are taking place except for the ladies? I mean is there even time for these athletes to get together to do a victory ceremony when their focus is on the individual event? Or does the ioc at this point not even want them to have a victory ceremony in case they have to take the gold medal from Team Russia down the road?

As for the phenom KV I hope she had a good day of practice and has a good dinner and a great night and gets back at it tomorrow.
Wait, there’s a chance there might not be a medal ceremony? Will the other athletes get their medals ever?

Reactions: ana

Scott512

Record Breaker
Wait, there’s a chance there might not be a medal ceremony? Will the other athletes get their medals ever?
I would love to see them have a medal ceremony and receive their gold medais there gold medals in America get their silver medals in Japan get their bronze medals. But I don't know how they can fit it in now with all these other competitions going on. Can the Russian pairs team and the Russian dance team on the gold metal team taken hour or 2 away from their training and preparation for their skating in the individual events to go to a victory ceremony?

The main thing for me now is kanye V prepare for the ladies competition without any more interruptions from the IOC? Or should we expect something everyday until the competition starts?

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I would love to see them have a medal ceremony and receive their gold medais there gold medals in America get their silver medals in Japan get their bronze medals. But I don't know how they can fit it in now with all these other competitions going on. Can the Russian pairs team and the Russian dance team on the gold metal team taken hour or 2 away from their training and preparation for their skating in the individual events to go to a victory ceremony?

The main thing for me now is kanye V prepare for the ladies competition without any more interruptions from the IOC? Or should we expect something everyday until the competition starts?
I want to see Chock/Bates, Zhou, and Hubbell/ Donohue get their medals and at least receive them.

lesnar001

Record Breaker

Kanye???? Is that a new nickname or did your speech-to-text app have a slight error. :laugh:

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
Thanks for the summation :pray:

I do wonder why it keeps being stressed out that "a minor cannot be accused of violating anti-doping rules"

Is that a way of saying that they can't accuse anyone so this'll end up being ignored,
or are they currently trying to figure out who they're gonna be accusing instead?

Last edited:

Alex Fedorov

Medalist
Country
Russia
today at the morning press conference

https://tass.com/world/1400673

"
"I’m not going to comment on all sorts of speculation that I have also seen. We had a situation arise yesterday at short notice that has legal implications. I'm not going to comment on a legal case because it wouldn't be appropriate," Adams stressed adding that "potential doping case is complete speculation.".
"

Last edited:

mrrice

Record Breaker
Here's my opinion on this story. At 14, I can't believe this young girl knew she was being given a drug that was not legal. When I was 14, if my parents said I needed a shot, I got one. It would never occur to me that a doctor would give me anything that could hurt my career. If anyone is to "Blame" I'd start with her Coach, and Parents. If this Doctor knew who she was ( And I can't imagine he didn't ) He KNEW he was giving her something that could eventually ruin her career if the substance was ever discovered. Has she officially been banned from the rest of the Games?? I have to wonder if they'll ban her from the upcoming Worlds and pull any medal she won leading into these games.

Is there a way to test her for how long she's been using this substance? Europeans was not that long ago and this certainly calls into question the title she won there. Poor Girl.

Last edited:

arewhyaen

On the Ice
I wonder if constantly saying that a minor cannot be punished for a doping violation is either to show that Kamila will not be banned from the sport but will be DQ'd from the olympics, or that Kamila will not be banned AND will not be DQ'd. I think the former would be more fair and more in the spirit of anti doping rules while the latter would absolutely cause an uproar and tarnish whatever Kamila can and will do on olympic ice.

Fanof

On the Ice
  • The alleged is a minor - a minor cannot be accused of violating anti-doping rules
Are you sure? What I have understood, but I may be wrong: a minor is a "protected person", therefore
his/her name does not need to be made public
the sentence is limited to a 2 year ban and may be reduced to a reprimand [not sure it's true but that's what I read everywhere]

Fanof

On the Ice
"I’m not going to comment on all sorts of speculation that I have also seen. We had a situation arise yesterday at short notice that has legal implications. I'm not going to comment on a legal case because it wouldn't be appropriate," Adams stressed adding that "potential doping case is complete speculation.".
Maybe, who knows? On the other hand there's no smoke without fire, who knows?
Anyway he can't say anything else on behalf of IOC if a decision has not been made yet.

DancingCactus

Final Flight
Considering Valieva, a minor, is currently in the spotlight, I would expect the officials to clearly state that it's not her if she was really innocent, in order to protect her. But he did not deny that it was about her even though that is the Nr 1 rumor right now. Very bad crisis PR.

Amei

Record Breaker
Are you sure? What I have understood, but I may be wrong: a minor is a "protected person", therefore
his/her name does not need to be made public
the sentence is limited to a 2 year ban and may be reduced to a reprimand [not sure it's true but that's what I read everywhere]

I have heard it both ways, being under 16 it protects a person from any punishment and that it protects them only from severe punishment. Now what the question would be what is the definition of severe is it anything more than probation or is it a career killing suspension?

This does make me say that next season the age limit has to be raised to 16, if an athlete is deemed to young to be held accountable for potential doping violations then they should not be competing in the senior circuit.

Regarding the current situation: the athlete involved should be afforded the same process as any other athlete positive test. Whether that means an automatic disqualification or compete through the appeals process.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
A little more about trimetazidine:

"Dr Sadiya Khan, a cardiologist and assistant professor at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, told Reuters news agency that in theory trimetazidine might be used in a healthy person to enhance blood flow above and beyond normal levels.

“The idea behind it would be, potentially, if you enhance blood flow, you could improve somebody’s ability to exercise longer or exercise more efficiently by allowing the heart to respond super-normally,” she said.

But she said it is not clear if the drug offers any performance-enhancing benefit.

“There’s a theoretical benefit,” she said. “There’s no strong evidence that it does make a difference.”

lopesgw

Rinkside
I’m trying to confirm something I read today… that if there was an actual medical need it wouldn’t be considered doping. But here’s the catch… in that case the athlete, or in the case of a minor whoever responsible … coaches or parents…would have filed forms for medical use which if approved would make this a non-issue. So perhaps the delay may be due to whether this was done or not…and the challenge of getting the appropriate paperwork presented.