Kamila Valieva | Page 103 | Golden Skate

Kamila Valieva

Darya_kkks

Rinkside
Oh you went to watch Team Tutberidze show, I am so jealous! :)

I can't wait to go back to Russia and make my visit at the same time that Eteri Georgievna has a show for her team so I can go and watch.

I follow her on Telegram (I think she's morre active on Telegram than other apps) and she is indeed thinner, looks amazing and in incredible shape. I was a bit worried seeing all the weight she gained, but supposed it was maybe because of vacation and also she grew, has an adult body now and got many more centimeters of height, but so happy to see her back to being thin and beautiful, perfect body line.

And I agree very much with you, only talent, no hard work, completely irrelevant and meaningless. Too bad Alyona didn't work hard, she is beautiful and talented, but her personality is not to be a disciplined, hardworking person, unfortunately.
Well, I am Russian, live in St Petersburg, have more opportunities to see our figure skating stars in person.

I advise you to follow Kami on Instagram as well. She posts different content in different social media. It is up to you for sure, just kind advice)

I know some people criticized Kami for gaining weight, but she is growing, it is very natural process. I am glad she overcomes puberty without unnecessary strict diets which can cause serious health problems. She is doing it in a right way, and I am so proud of her!

Alyona is indeed very talented and charismatic skater. I wish her all the best in pair skating.

Thank you for your kind words! It is so great to know that there are a lot of people outside of Russia who supports Kami.

Hope one day you see Kami in person again!

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel
Well, I am Russian, live in St Petersburg, have more opportunities to see our figure skating stars in person.

I advise you to follow Kami on Instagram as well. She posts different content in different social media. It is up to you for sure, just kind advice)

I know some people criticized Kami for gaining weight, but she is growing, it is very natural process. I am glad she overcomes puberty without unnecessary strict diets which can cause serious health problems. She is doing it in a right way, and I am so proud of her!

Alyona is indeed very talented and charismatic skater. I wish her all the best in pair skating.

Thank you for your kind words! It is so great to know that there are a lot of people outside of Russia who supports Kami.

Hope one day you see Kami in person again!
Oh very nice! I spent many, many times in Petesburg when I was a teenager training ballet (ballet from 3 years old to 25 years old, then I retired, got married, moved to Japan and started figure skating here). I love Petesburg, very amazing city and I have fantastic memories of being in it.

Ah yes, I think most females in either sports like figure skating, gymnastics or ballet, activities that require certain body line, go in trouble when they go to teenager years and become adult, those puberty years are not easy, we're growing and need to re adapt the new body to the activity we have done all our lives. So hard. But again, the best chance to overcome these difficult years is also thanks to hard work, discipline and dedication and Kami has so much of all of this, added to her exceptional talent.
She was already mature well above her years when she was a kid, now as an adult, even more maturity, she's in great shape and I look forward to more amazing skating by her in this next season and many other seasons.

I think Kami, Eteri Georgievna team and all the amazing Russian skaters are loved, admired and respected in many other countries outside of Russia but I can say that here in Tokyo, not only in the rink I train but other rinks and clubs I've gone to compete, for events or just train, talking to other skaters, and amongst my coaches team mates, only positive, good compliments to Kami and other Russian skaters and Russian coaches.

EDITED to say: I follow Kami on Instagram, X (former twitter), I follow her in all platforms! I just think she's most active on Telegram, or maybe I am wrong. I'm just happy when I get Telegram notification on my phone that say "Kamila Valieva". Yes, I am a HUGE fan of hers. And I have that exact My Melody tissue holder when I skate too :biggrin:

Darya_kkks

Rinkside
Oh very nice! I spent many, many times in Petesburg when I was a teenager training ballet (ballet from 3 years old to 25 years old, then I retired, got married, moved to Japan and started figure skating here). I love Petesburg, very amazing city and I have fantastic memories of being in it.

Ah yes, I think most females in either sports like figure skating, gymnastics or ballet, activities that require certain body line, go in trouble when they go to teenager years and become adult, those puberty years are not easy, we're growing and need to re adapt the new body to the activity we have done all our lives. So hard. But again, the best chance to overcome these difficult years is also thanks to hard work, discipline and dedication and Kami has so much of all of this, added to her exceptional talent.
She was already mature well above her years when she was a kid, now as an adult, even more maturity, she's in great shape and I look forward to more amazing skating by her in this next season and many other seasons.

I think Kami, Eteri Georgievna team and all the amazing Russian skaters are loved, admired and respected in many other countries outside of Russia but I can say that here in Tokyo, not only in the rink I train but other rinks and clubs I've gone to compete, for events or just train, talking to other skaters, and amongst my coaches team mates, only positive, good compliments to Kami and other Russian skaters and Russian coaches.

EDITED to say: I follow Kami on Instagram, X (former twitter), I follow her in all platforms! I just think she's most active on Telegram, or maybe I am wrong. I'm just happy when I get Telegram notification on my phone that say "Kamila Valieva". Yes, I am a HUGE fan of hers. And I have that exact My Melody tissue holder when I skate too :biggrin:
Nice to hear that you’ve been to St Petersburg! As Russians say, “the world is a small place”:)

Mathematician

Pilgrim on a long journey
Medalist
I don’t understand how it works but Kamila’s skating fascinates and charms me. I literally couldn’t breathe when she performed her In Memorian on TeamTutberidze show in April 2023. Yes, she grew up, but her flexibility, charm, artistic skills, skating skills, grace is still with her!
Probably because shes been training like every style of dance her whole life at a very high level. Also, just the ineffable things of a talented artist. Its in the micromovements and milliseconds that those ineffable things are determined which could never be consciously replicated but subconsciously we recognize them and it makes us feel something unique; probably she doesn't recognize them herself, but just feels them in a special way.

I think age wont hinder Kamila much any time soon - thats the blessing of a person with a pure heart for artistry. Honestly, it is kind of rare in figure skating to see a pure artist like that, but Kamila is one and she is reaping her rewards from it. People might think her story is tragic considering the Olympics, but, I'd say all things considered she has been beyond blessed. She will definitely enjoy the gift of art more than the olympic winner Anna, not to bring down Anna, but just to say the Olympics is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Kamila’s 3T and 2A are very huge right now (I’ve seen her vlog from trainings). I suppose they are preparing to restore 4T, 3A. Besides she noticeably slimmed down (I have seen a video from yesterday’s show), looks so thin.
Did she even lose her triple C? She looked pretty big at the Russian GP and still pulled them off excellently. Is she smaller now than she was at the GP this year? If so, she might actually be a contender as this season's favourite, alongside Petrosian.

Mathematician

Medalist
2022 European Championship. Unforgettable experience.
She skated Storm, Bolero and won :love2:

I had the opportunity to be in front of her, was SO excited, didn't know what to do, one of these huge fan moments, all I could tell her was "I love you, you are my favorite skater, you are beautiful, you inspire me when I skate" in my basic Russian language abilities. I had planned to take a selfie photo with her, but wasn't sure I'd have the opportunity to meet her and when I did I was frozen. All I remembered to do was say what I said to her, didn't stop smiling so much my face hurt, and handed a photo I had of hers so she could sign it, which she did. (I carry this signed photo in my skate bag as a very, very dear, important possession).
I didn't get my photo with her, but I haven't given up and can't wait until I can see her skate in person again, and be more calm if/when I get the chance to meet her again, so I can have a photo taken with me and her :) and if possible, also take a photo with Eteri Gerogievna, as a bonus too :)
Thats so incredible you got to see a first place Bolero performance in person. As you probably know by now, one of my favourite programs ever.

Darya_kkks

Rinkside
Probably because shes been training like every style of dance her whole life at a very high level. Also, just the ineffable things of a talented artist. Its in the micromovements and milliseconds that those ineffable things are determined which could never be consciously replicated but subconsciously we recognize them and it makes us feel something unique; probably she doesn't recognize them herself, but just feels them in a special way.

I think age wont hinder Kamila much any time soon - thats the blessing of a person with a pure heart for artistry. Honestly, it is kind of rare in figure skating to see a pure artist like that, but Kamila is one and she is reaping her rewards from it. People might think her story is tragic considering the Olympics, but, I'd say all things considered she has been beyond blessed. She will definitely enjoy the gift of art more than the olympic winner Anna, not to bring down Anna, but just to say the Olympics is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Fully support your opinion! Kamila just recently has said that during vacations she was missing figure skating a lot; and now she understands that figure skating is her biggest love. And it is visible - she definitely enjoys while skating.

Did she even lose her triple C? She looked pretty big at the Russian GP and still pulled them off excellently. Is she smaller now than she was at the GP this year? If so, she might actually be a contender as this season's favourite, alongside Petrosian.

Well, as for ultra-c. As I got from interviews, after holidays female skaters lose their jumps and have to spent some time to restore them.

However, it has to be said that last summer (in the end of July) Kamila had injury (she didn’t say what exactly), spent a month performing in show, her body changed significantly. Al these factors affected her preparation for the 2022/2023 season. But anyway she managed to restore 4T and then 3A. Now everything is okay as I know.

Kami really looks thin. These are the videos from yesterday’s shows:

Mathematician

Medalist
Well, as for ultra-c. As I got from interviews, after holidays female skaters lose their jumps and have to spent some time to restore them.

However, it has to be said that last summer (in the end of July) Kamila had injury (she didn’t say what exactly), spent a month performing in show, her body changed significantly. Al these factors affected her preparation for the 2022/2023 season. But anyway she managed to restore 4T and then 3A. Now everything is okay as I know.

Kami really looks thin. These are the videos from yesterday’s shows:

She does actually look thinner than she did in the GP; good for her. Seems like shes taking competition very seriously still.

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel
Thats so incredible you got to see a first place Bolero performance in person. As you probably know by now, one of my favourite programs ever.
YES.
It was a privilege and an honor to be in person watching this magnificent program and I am with you, no matter what naysayers say in the other post, it is one of the most extraordinary programs ever (choreography, excecution/interpretation, music, dress, everything was perfection).
I want to say also her short program Storm was gorgeous. I also love the dress, the music and her always impeccable presentation and excecution.
Unlike my team mate here, I’m not so courageous yet to consider skating to Bolero, to me this is Kamila and only Kamila music 😂 however I was considering skating the music Storm for my new program (I love that music, but of course it’d be a different dress and choreography) in a little homage to Kamila but my coach chose another music from the 3 wanted musics I presented to her

You made me remember being present watching the 2022 championship in Estonia, now I’m nostalgic and looking for videos of it to watch 😀

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Open practice by Kamila Valieva within Moscow Urban Fest at Zaryadye park (August 2023)

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel

Mathematician

Medalist
Her dress was so beautiful man. Some might call it tacky, but red being my favourite colour, I love it.

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel
Her dress was so beautiful man. Some might call it tacky, but red being my favourite colour, I love it.

It's impossible to please all & make everyone happy and there will be always naysayers. In my humble opinion, the dress is perfect for the music, for the program, and Kamila looked gorgeous in it (my favorite color is pink).

Mathematician

Medalist
I saw someone saying that her dress wasn't proper for the music/program in the test skates thread, so you see, can't please all/make everyone happy. There will always be some who don't like it.
Saw that too, pretty sure they were joking. Because, well, surely the correlation between dress and song is clear...