Kamila Valieva | Page 21 | Golden Skate

Kamila Valieva

Vemvane

On the Ice
I have a request. Could you tell me how you can get a YouTube link to start at a defined point?
Thanks a lot!

I pause the video at the point I want to copy from, right click and select "Copy video URL at current time". Couldn't tell you how to do it on mobile, though!

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Official FFKKR interview by Olga Yermolina with Kamila: https://youtu.be/b2hHTVmd6pI

A grateful Kamila thanking everybody for their efforts and support: https://www.instagram.com/p/B9hryiIpaHf

kamilavalieva26
"I want to express my gratitude to our coaching staff Eteri Georgiyevna, Daniil Markovich, Sergey Viktorovich, Sergey Alexandrovich,
Thank you for raising me up when I didn’t have the strength to do this, for never letting me give up, for believing in me and my success. The victory of the athlete is the victory of the coach! Thank you very much!"

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Official FFKKR interview by Olga Yermolina with Kamila: https://youtu.be/b2hHTVmd6pI

A grateful Kamila thanking everybody for their efforts and support: https://www.instagram.com/p/B9hryiIpaHf

kamilavalieva26
"I want to express my gratitude to our coaching staff Eteri Georgiyevna, Daniil Markovich, Sergey Viktorovich, Sergey Alexandrovich,
Thank you for raising me up when I didn’t have the strength to do this, for never letting me give up, for believing in me and my success. The victory of the athlete is the victory of the coach! Thank you very much!"

I like the words: "The victory of the athlete is the victory of the coach! Thank you very much!"

That's for those who don't understand why people are also fans of the coaches :)

Good Vibes Only

On the Ice
I like the words: "The victory of the athlete is the victory of the coach! Thank you very much!"

That's for those who don't understand why people are also fans of the coaches :)

I love how people always claim that Eteri is a witch when in reality she isn’t. All of her students love her so much and she seems like she genuinely loves her students like they love her.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Why Kamila Valiyeva is the most amazing phenomenon in the world of figure skating

Vladislav Zhukov - about a new rising star from the group of Eteri Tutberidze

There was no doubt that Kamila Valiyeva would win the junior world championship. It cannot be otherwise with these skaters, for whom the only test in the entire tournament is the first 20 seconds at the beginning of their free program, where the quadruple jumps are planned. Are there any other people besides her? Have there been before?

The more you watch Kamila’s skating runs, the more you are affirmed in the thought that her secret is simple, but at the same time it is rather difficult to comprehend and understand it. The fact is that she does not seem to compete at all. She performs. That is, no, she, like everyone else, noticeably worries before each entry onto the ice, sometimes even beyond measure, and she really wants to win. But personally, I don’t know those who, during Kamila’s skating run, would think about what kind of jumps she will do next and how she will jump them.

Competition was a little different when Alina Zagitova and Yevgeniya Medvyedeva, Kim Young A and Mao Asada, Yuliya Lipnitskaya and Adelina Sotnikova competed. We felt a nerve twitching, knew where and how each of them could have a mistake. Moreover, we saw these errors. As well as how much effort was required to correct them. But now try to look deep into yourself - in tournaments with Valiyeva, we really do not expect a fight and a division of medals.

We are waiting for Kamila Valiyeva without reference to the places on the podium. And she gives the viewer exactly what he wants to get from her. Perhaps without even realising it. The idee fixe of all the skaters from the Eteri Tutberidze group - they concentrate not on titles, but on beautiful and clean skating runs - was embodied in this very young girl. And it seems that it really works, although there is not so much pure sports spirit in this theory.

What is a "strong athlete"? In essence, a stamp is a standardised set of specific qualities. He runs faster, throws further, hits harder - we see this and understand who we are dealing with. But what if the athlete is not just strong? If he is different, from some other, his own category?

Comparing Kamila with other skaters is useless due to the banal lack of suitable examples. Even Anna Shcherbakova, Alyona Kostornaya and Aleksandra Trusova can be reflected in the past. Trusova, for example, is athletic like Irina Slutskaya, Kostornaya is the spitting image of Carolina Kostner in the manner of skating, and Shcherbakova got the amazing symbiosis of feminine plasticity and complex technical content from Mao Asada. All three skate in the seniors only for their first season, but already surpass all who came before them. Theyve launched women's single skating into space, but at least we can trace from where they started.

Kamila doesn't look like anyone else. Her movements are incredibly smooth, accented, graceful. In everyday life people don’t move like this - a comparable effect can only be achieved under water. She is as if stroking the air, as if it were material. But at the same time she takes the highest tempo and holds it until the very last musical chord. The combination of softness and speed is a real oxymoron, but we encounter it whenever she goes on ice.

The set of her strengths is paradoxical, because before her, few could equally master everything that is figure skating. Someone believes this is impossible in principle - there will not be enough time either to work out all the elements, or talent. Valiyeva, by her own example, proves that everything is real. Peerless rotations, high-quality sliding and presentation of programs on the brink of perfection - all this, one way or another, we saw before, but only separately.

And of course, quadruple jumps. The younger generation is actively picking up the trend set by Trusova and Shcherbakova, and Valiyeva did not become an exception to the rule. So far, in her arsenal there are only two quadruple Toeloops, the least valuable according to the classification of quadruples, while Trusova at her age already had a Toeloop and a more valuable Salchow. And still, being able to jump quadruples at 13 years old is already something in itself. And if the quadruple jumps for such a young lady are the only real test in the free program? And then, already at the end of the Junior World Championships, she announced that she would like to learn more complex elements.

There are simply no ordinary girls and boys in the Tutberidze group. All of them are exceptional, incredibly gifted. Some of them become great, like Zagitova and Medvyedeva. Trusova, Kostornaya and Shcherbakova already get closer to this title every time.

Valiyeva took all the best from everyone and combined it into something for which so far there is simply no worthy name nor description.

The unknown nature of the uniqueness of Valiyeva's talent literally makes you want to talk about it. As well as the fact that if third-party factors do not intervene, she should reach the senior level just before the 2022 Olympic Games in Beijing.
-----
https://tass.ru/opinions/7933017

Last edited:

Azikin

Medalist
Kamila doesn't look like anyone else. Her movements are incredibly smooth, accented, graceful. In everyday life people don’t move like this - a comparable effect can only be achieved under water. She is as if stroking the air, as if it were material. But at the same time she takes the highest tempo and holds it until the very last musical chord. The combination of softness and speed is a real oxymoron, but we encounter it whenever she goes on ice.

The set of her strengths is paradoxical, because before her, few could equally master everything that is figure skating. Someone believes this is impossible in principle - there will not be enough time either to work out all the elements, or talent. Valiyeva, by her own example, proves that everything is real. Peerless rotations, high-quality sliding and presentation of programs on the brink of perfection - all this, one way or another, we saw before, but only separately.
Skating Goddess born in flesh... :drama:

macy

Record Breaker
i am really, really excited to see her grow the next couple seasons. i wish she were turning senior next season and see how she stacks up against 3A. if they are all still competing by the 2021-2022 season, we are in for a real treat. i hope puberty isn't too rough with her.

Alex65

Final Flight
Country
Russia
i am really, really excited to see her grow the next couple seasons. i wish she were turning senior next season and see how she stacks up against 3A. if they are all still competing by the 2021-2022 season, we are in for a real treat. i hope puberty isn't too rough with her.

Camila will be able to participate in the Russian championship in December 2020. So the competition with 3A does not wait long.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Kamila on Good Morning TV show: https://www.instagram.com/tv/B98i9rRpd-B/ , talking well and fast, looking ever so pretty :)

From: https://www.1tv.ru/shows/dobroe-utro/nashi-gosti Is that Lublyanka in the artificial background?

Transcript?

“Perhaps someday children will do fivers.” Valiyeva spoke about quadruple jumps, studying at school and relations with Tutberidze

Russian figure skater Kamila Valiyeva spoke about the relationship with Tutberidze, quadruple jumps and the combination of study and sport.

- You have a very strict coach. Can Eteri Tutberidze give praise?

“ Eteri Georgievna is a very demanding coach. If you do what she requires of you, then she can also praise. ”

- Does she give any advice related to something other than sports?

“ Sometimes she says how best to put on makeup, straighten your hair, or something like that. ”

- Do you choose the costumes yourself?

“ No, Eteri Georgievna picks them. She first looks at the sketches for them. Then, when a dressmaker brings a ready-made suit, she says what she likes and what not. But it always turns out very beautiful. ”

- How do you manage to jump such complex elements as quadruple jumps? Is there a limit?

“ I don’t know about the limit. I think there will still be children who will do five, maybe even six. When you are still young, you need to learn the quadruples, because closer to 15-17 you get a little scared. Everything that you learned before this age, it seems to me, remains with you. ”

- And what happens in the eyes during those quadruple jump? The world flickers with terrible speed

“ Well, yes. You don’t really understand, you’re flying, it’s over in a second for you - and you should be back on the ice, stand and take the next jump. ”

- But does it feel somehow that it was possible to make four turns?

“ Sometimes you fly in the air and think: yes, now there will be a good jump. And sometimes you think: so, if you don’t strain yourself now, then you will fall and crash. ”

- How do you manage to learn with your sports loads?

“ I try to learn, some teachers forgive me something. They say: "Well, go, train." And some say, “No, please stay. Here’s a test for you - write. ”

- You came to the rink at an early age.

“ Yes, at three and a half years. ”

- Did you want it yourself or did your parents force it?”

“ Parents. But they did not force. Mom took me to figure skating, gymnastics, ballet and dancing. A little later, at the age of five, she said to choose what I'd like more. I liked figure skating more, ”

Thus said the 13-year-old skater in the Good Morning program on Channel One.

Recall, Valiyeva won the gold medal at the Junior World Championships in Tallinn. In the short program, she set a world record.
-----
From https://news.sportbox.ru/Vidy_sport...h_uchebe_v_shkole_i_otnoshenijah_s_Tutberidze

macy

Record Breaker
Camila will be able to participate in the Russian championship in December 2020. So the competition with 3A does not wait long.

she will give them a run for their money. if all were to skate clean and Aliona has a quad in her long, she would still beat all of them i think, and i say that as a ginormous Aliona fan. at that point i predict she will be on the same level of PCS as Kostornaia and she will most likely have a higher tech content. if all goes as planned, she will 100% be the one to beat.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
she will give them a run for their money. if all were to skate clean and Aliona has a quad in her long, she would still beat all of them i think, and i say that as a ginormous Aliona fan. at that point i predict she will be on the same level of PCS as Kostornaia and she will most likely have a higher tech content. if all goes as planned, she will 100% be the one to beat.

That leads me to this:

Russian Nationals 2021 potential participants:
Kostornaia, Shcherbakova, Trusova, Zagitova, Valieva, Medvedeva, Usacheva, Khromykh, Tuktamysheva, Samodurova, Sinitsina, Frolova, Guliakova, Gubanova, Konstantinova, Sakhanovich, Nugumanova, Shulskaya.

Can you even imagine such competition?

macy

Record Breaker
That leads me to this:

Russian Nationals 2021 potential participants:
Kostornaia, Shcherbakova, Trusova, Zagitova, Valieva, Medvedeva, Usacheva, Khromykh, Tuktamysheva, Samodurova, Sinitsina, Frolova, Guliakova, Gubanova, Konstantinova, Sakhanovich, Nugumanova, Shulskaya.

Can you even imagine such competition?

if every one of those competitors are healthy by then, it will most likely be the most competitive RusNats in history. the main contenders will likely be 3A and Valieva if this ends up being the case, unless others are competitive with triple axels or quads by then.

i hope everyone stays healthy and injury free.