Kayne and O’Shea on 4CCs win | Golden Skate

Kayne and O’Shea on 4CCs win

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kayne and O’Shea were nearly flawless in their routine to Swan Lake, which featured perfect side-by-side triple Salchows, a throw triple Salchow and a throw triple Lutz. The 2018 U.S. silver medalists also impressed with good level four spins and lifts to earn a new personal best of 128.68 for a first place finish in the long and overall (194.42).

“I feel really great about our performance,” said Kayne. “We got the levels we’ve worked for and it is really exciting for us. I felt fantastic when I came on the ice today. As we are the first alternate for American to Olympics, we will continue training really hard until that time. Then, we will continue our training for the World Championships. It’s busy as usual for us and this is a stepping stone. Next season we will definitely work on a higher technical mark and we are going to start immediately trying other technical things. Hopefully next year we can continue this hard work to get higher scores.”

“I was a little disappointed at my mistake on the Axel,” said O’Shea. “It is disappointing for me because it is a very easy element and I just kind of lost my focus right on the first landing. But everything feels great and I am very happy with the improvements from Nationals to here, and I think we can keep growing as the season continues.”

More...

Last edited: