Kazuki Tomono | Page 105 | Golden Skate

Kazuki Tomono

Giu

On the Ice
Country
Italy
Whoa, Kirara, have you seen this? Cute Kazuki from 2011 :love: This account has some video treasures that I haven't seen yet, and this is one of them:

Awww, that's lovely!!! I never saw it before, thanks for sharing Surimi ☺️

I have to agree with Kirara, he was far from resembling a 13 years old, he looked more like a 8 years old instead! Well, even now no one would say he is 22! Good for him, one day he will very happy about that!

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
lol... Maybe it's his way of celebrating the end of a season? (I know he's still an alternate for WC)
Having seen the photo, my opinion of Kazuki's appearance remains unchanged, he looks best in black hair. ^ ^

KiraraChin

Medalist
Yeah, lol, can you imagine if there's a double WD like in 2018 and he ends up being called to go to Worlds... I can't even begin to imagine what blonde Moulin Rouge would look like :ROFLMAO:

Giu

On the Ice
Country
Italy
Oh no, WHY? :palmf:
Now I actually kind of miss his perm...
Someone has to talk with his hairdresser asap :bang:

KiraraChin

Medalist
Oh no, WHY? :palmf:
Now I actually kind of miss his perm...
Someone has to talk with his hairdresser asap :bang:
LOL it's as if he saw us complaining about his perm last year, and was like: 'Hold my ramen' 😆

He posted an IG story today, showcasing his new blonde looks: https://twitter.com/FSIgstories/status/1358247455989653506
According to a Japanese-speaking friend, he said he won't stay long with this colour... The question, of course, is what comes next 😅

KiraraChin

Medalist
Violet, please!
You know, some Japanese fans were wondering if he's going the 'K-Pop idol' route 🤭

I personally think none of the looks he tried so far beats his gorgeous natural dark hair... But I find it funny that as soon as the season finishes, like clockwork, he does something to his hair! Never a dull moment with Kazuki, that's for sure 😆

KiraraChin

Medalist
Kyoto Shinbum published a big interview with Kazuki this week, sadly it's behind a paywall 😢
If anyone has access to it and could post a translation (even a Google translation), I would appreciate it very much!
It seems it was a really good interview and he speaks as well about his graduation thesis research, everyone on Twitter is saying it's really interesting.

In other news, he posted a picture of his new pair of glasses on IG, they look fancy!

surimi

Record Breaker
Even the little we can see is far beyond my current skills, I'm afraid. But Kazuki has many fans, so hopefully someone will help out with the translation.
When was Kazuki's graduation again? March?

KiraraChin

Medalist
When was Kazuki's graduation again? March?
He said he will change his affiliation from Doshisha University 'in the spring' so yeah, I assume the graduation will be in March. Quite soon, actually!

Mitsuki posted a picture on IG of a bottle of sake given by Kazuki and Taichi for his birthday: https://www.instagram.com/p/CLIgnzwpO2S/
IIRC, Mitsuki turned 20, which is the legal drinking age in Japan.

Also, Kazuki liked this tweet by Misha... https://twitter.com/mishageofficial/status/1359364234031689730
Maybe a hint about a future programme? 👀

surimi

Record Breaker
haha, Mitsuki must be feeling like a proper adult now :D
Anyhow, I can't wait to see Kazuki's Life Is Beautiful next year!

Giu

On the Ice
Country
Italy
Do you guys think he will use "Life is beautiful" next year? 🥰

I'm not a film expert but the pictures posted by Misha make me think of La La Land, if I guessed the film then I really hope he's not talking about Kazuki's next choreo, we have had too many versions of La La Land in the last three years, I respect Misha as a choreographer, but I believe Kazuki deserves something better in terms of musical choices to stand out.

KiraraChin

Medalist
Anyhow, I can't wait to see Kazuki's Life Is Beautiful next year!

Do you guys think he will use "Life is beautiful" next year? 🥰
Yeah, I don't think he'll be using 'Life is Beautiful' next year, he said he decided not to use it this season because he 'wasn't feeling' the programme :frown:

I also hope Misha doesn't pick La La Land for Kazuki in the Olympic season!

surimi

Record Breaker
I didn't know Kazuki wasn't feeling Life Is Beautiful. Well in that case, I agree, there's been too much of La La Land recently. I hope he goes for Singing In the Rain as he once wanted, that's so him!

Giu

On the Ice
Country
Italy
Yes, Singing in the Rain is totally him, but I don't want him to turn into a Keegan Messing type of skater :frown:

I liked Marin's version of Seven Nation Army and I think Kazuki could do well with that music and, I'm feeling crazy, but I'd love to see him skate on "I bet you look good on the dancefloor" from the Arctic Monkeys, he could do wonders with that! I know it's pretty unconventional and maybe not a proper choice for the Olympic season, but after that Yuzuru skated on Robbie Williams, why not the Arctic Monkeys for Kazuki?!
At least for a gala :cool:
Now, feel free to insult me

KiraraChin

Medalist
I love the idea of an Artic Monkeys EX for Kazuki!

As for 'Life is Beautiful', I don't really know what happened. At first he said he had decided not to do it because it had been choreographed remotely, and he struggled to transfer the choreo onto the ice without the choreographer. Then, later on, he said he 'wasn't feeling it' and that had happened once before in the 17-18 season (he asked Misao Sato to choreograph WSS because the free she had choreographed first wasn't working for him), and that his decision had nothing to do with the fact it was choreographed remotely. He also said he felt 'Life is Beautiful' required a level of skills that he didn't have yet.
In short, Kazuki:

giphy.gif

Taking that into account, my main desire is that Misha and Kazuki get to work on the Olympic programme(s) in person, together.
Misha seems quite keen on his warhorses so I won't really be surprised if he chooses one for Kazuki - to be fair, both Cinema Paradiso and Moulin Rouge were warhorses that ended up working pretty well and expanded Kazuki's range of interpretation.

But yeah, we had a bit too much of La La Land recently 😬

Reactions: Giu

surimi

Record Breaker
Yes, Singing in the Rain is totally him, but I don't want him to turn into a Keegan Messing type of skater :frown:

I liked Marin's version of Seven Nation Army and I think Kazuki could do well with that music and, I'm feeling crazy, but I'd love to see him skate on "I bet you look good on the dancefloor" from the Arctic Monkeys, he could do wonders with that! I know it's pretty unconventional and maybe not a proper choice for the Olympic season, but after that Yuzuru skated on Robbie Williams, why not the Arctic Monkeys for Kazuki?!
At least for a gala :cool:
Now, feel free to insult me

No opinion on Arctic Monkeys as I am not familiar with their music :) But skating to Singing in the Rain doesn't automatically mean Kazuki would turn into a skater who only excels with merry and light music. He hasn't done a merry and light program for a while, so it would be a nice change. He's proven he can be a believable performer of ultra-modern and dramatic pieces, too. Cinema Paradiso was not really among my favorites by Kazuki, but Roxanne was really good, which was surprising to me because Kazuki is so tiny. But he sold it, and looked very mature.

If any of you wants a Kazuki-inspired Valentine's Day card 😆
lol, what is he chewing? ^ ^