Kazuki Tomono | Page 94 | Golden Skate

Kazuki Tomono

KiraraChin

Medalist
Same, I hope they upload Kinki regional videos :pray:

It's been announced today that Kazuki will be participating in a Osaka Autumn Sports Challenge event on Sunday, 11 Oct (my birthday ☺️). The first 30 participants who try seven different sports will be able to take a picture with him!

Also, they started recruiting participants for the Osaka Autumn Sports Challenge ice show and skating experience on 12 Dec. Apart from Kazuki, Mitsuki Sumoto, Taichi Honda, Yuto Kishina and Sena Miyake will also appear.

Last edited:

bouncy

☀️
On the Ice
I like the cute vibes in those arts :clap:
Speaking of fan works, I found this old one in my twitter bookmarks.

Edit: Wait wait! I just checked the retweets and realized you reposted it:rofl: Is that you Kirara? :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

KiraraChin

Medalist
Kazuki on the NHK podium, speaking this into existence :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:
It would be super nice, especially as the event is happening in his hometown Osaka.

But turning into more pressing matters, Kazuki skates tomorrow at Kinki regionals!
Here's the SP schedule, he skates at 5:23 PM local time: https://twitter.com/kaz9804803/status/1311880650538905600
That's 9:23am UK time, 10:23am central european time, and 4:23am U.S. eastern time.

Just a reminder the stream isn't available outside Japan, but my friend (and creator of this thread) tsuyoboogie will be providing live updates on Twitter.

KiraraChin

Medalist
Yaaaaaaassssss Kazuki did really well today, doubled the combo but apart from that landed all his jumps: 4T2T 4S 3A :hap10:
He scored 86.47, including 40 in PCS for the first time in the SP at a competition I think - although still not enough for what he deserves IMO...
He also got a q call on his 4S, two Level2 spins and Level3 StSq: https://twitter.com/Tomono_Infonet/status/1312322574697689092
Which then means his score still has plenty of room to grow :pray:

Overall, I'm pretty happy, what a great start of the season!

He'll be the last to skate tomorrow, at 9pm local time: https://twitter.com/Tomono_Infonet/status/1312325619548471296/photo/1

bouncy

☀️
On the Ice
Yaaaaaaassssss Kazuki did really well today, doubled the combo but apart from that landed all his jumps: 4T2T 4S 3A :hap10:
He scored 86.47, including 40 in PCS for the first time in the SP at a competition I think - although still not enough for what he deserves IMO...
He also got a q call on his 4S, two Level2 spins and Level3 StSq: https://twitter.com/Tomono_Infonet/status/1312322574697689092
Which then means his score still has plenty of room to grow :pray:

Overall, I'm pretty happy, what a great start of the season!

He'll be the last to skate tomorrow, at 9pm local time: https://twitter.com/Tomono_Infonet/status/1312325619548471296/photo/1
Wow, a 40 in PCS! Congratulations:clap::clap::clap:
Last season I really thought this program honestly deserved 40+ PCS solely for its outstanding choreography. I'm glad Kazuki did it justice. Great job!
Did they release any recording? I can't wait to see his performance.

KiraraChin

Medalist
Wow, a 40 in PCS! Congratulations:clap::clap::clap:
Last season I really thought this program honestly deserved 40+ PCS solely for its outstanding choreography. I'm glad Kazuki did it justice. Great job!
Did they release any recording? I can't wait to see his performance.
Yes, here it goes!

I agree with you, he already deserved 40+ PCS in the SP last season. It's a shame the judges don't really reward innovative choreo and music choices...

KiraraChin

Medalist
Guys, check out this amazing 4T3T Kazuki did at warmup yesterday: https://twitter.com/tsuyoboogie/status/1312389986898018310
:love2: :love2: :love2:

His interview yesterday after the SP (Google Translate):
Figure Skating Kinki Championship 2nd day (3rd, Osaka Prefectural Seaside Sports Center) Men's Short Program (SP) was held, and Kazuki Tomono (22) = Doshisha University = took the lead with 86.47 points. The program is "Croma" for two consecutive seasons. At the beginning, I got off the 4-turn-2 turn continuous toe loop, 4-turn Salchow, and 3.5-turn. "I was a little nervous. There were some things that were a little disturbed, but I'm glad I was able to perform well overall. The quality of the quads is higher than last season. I'm glad, "he recalled. He showed a good slide at the SP of the first race of this season and said, "I got off to a good start. At the beginning (of the season), I was stalling and I couldn't perform well, so I want to show something different and grow. I thought. I want to do my best tomorrow without losing my concentration.

Not too long now for Kazuki to skate his free at Kinki regionals. Good luck, Kazuki! :pray:

KiraraChin

Medalist
Kazuki won Kinki by a good margin but his FS was a popfest 😢
4T(fall), 2S, 3A2T, 2Lo, 2S, 3AEu2S, 3Lz2T
He scored 129.14 in the free and 215.61 total.
Here's his performance: https://youtu.be/nL-dw4FoezQ
Protocol: https://twitter.com/Tomono_Infonet/status/1312728254273339392

He looked visibly nervous, IMO he was too eager to show two clean performances right at the beginning of the season and it ended up getting into his head. I hope this will be a valuable lesson for Sectionals and Nats :pray:

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker
Aww :[ That's alright, Kazuki, don't let this deter you! You may be onto something with the mention of over-motivation, Kirara. I know of others who this explanation could be applicable to. :/ I hope the boys get calm again by West Japan, and perform a spectacular battle. And belated congrats to Kazuki on 40 in PCS! He deserves the highest ones, especially in IN/PE/CH.

KiraraChin

Medalist
Some nice pics from yesterday:

Interview (google translated):
Figure Skating / Kinki Championship" (4th, Osaka Rinkai Sports Center) 
As for the boys, SP 1st place Kazuki Tomono (22) = Doshisha University = won the free 1st place with 129.14 points, a total of 215.61 points. Tomono fell in the opening quadruple toe loop. Although he made a series of jump mistakes after breaking the rhythm, he was the only player who participated and was a complete V with over 200 points.  Tomono bit his lips, saying, "I can't talk unless I decide to jump. It was a little disappointing result." "I'm not good at SP, but my weakness is that I can't get both. I have to regain my feelings," he said one after another.  Looking ahead to the 2022 Beijing Olympics next season, it will be a challenge for Tomono, who is aiming for the first Olympics. "I want to show my growth this season, unlike last year, and I am aiming for a stable performance. I want to do my best so that I can perform with a high degree of perfection, not when I have failed.

surimi

Record Breaker
Native speakers of Japanese would be able to tell for sure, but I think Kazuki's first sentence means that if he cannot land his jumps, his result is not even worth mentioning. I have learned that kimaru is often used for 'be a success, work out' although it also means 'decide'. In Japanese skating commentary, you often hear 'Kimatta / kimarimashita' when a jump is successfully landed. It's a super useful word for us Kazuki fans :biggrin:

Aww, those first two photos in the article are adorable! Adult yet adorable...

KiraraChin

Medalist
Thanks, surimi! That makes a lot of sense 😊

Kazuki posted an IG story yesterday thanking everyone for the support at Kinki, and he will continue to try his hardest.

I'm relieved he's sounding more positive again 🙏

surimi

Record Breaker
Not really specifically about Kazuki, but as a person who doesn't have social media, do I understand it correctly that I cannot view Instastories, even if they're still posted? Only if one has IG account can one view them? Right?
I am glad Kazuki is not dwelling on his disappointment. Onward to sectionals then! And Osaka Challenge this weekend :)