Kazuki Tomono | Page 118 | Golden Skate

Kazuki Tomono

KiraraChin

Medalist
This is not LLL at JO, but his SP at CaOI on Oct. 3.
or if it doesn't work try
Thank you so much, rRainbow! I managed to watch it with a vpn set to Japan. Man, Kazuki is crazy for attempting his full SP layout on the same day he skated his free! 🤯

A Russian friend of mine shared a link to the whole JO broadcast on VK: https://vk.com/video-189142713_456239754
Kazuki's free is about the 46:40 mark.

Overall, I can really see the effects of his new blades on his skating! He's flying on the ice, his edges look cleaner than before, which might have contributed to a good PCS score. However, his jumps look bigger, which makes it harder to control the landings. I really hope he gets the hang of it by the time of his GP assignments!

On a different note, I must confess I'm really warming up to La La Land 🤭

KiraraChin

Medalist
Some more nice pics from Cinepara at Carnival on Ice:

Cute group pics:

In addition, Kazuki had tweeted he used a sauna magazine for 'Bills'. The publisher of the magazine tweeted saying they were very happy with it, and Kazuki tweeted back saying he was honoured 😆

BTW, Shun Sato's ISU bio now lists 'sauna' as one of his hobbies. The sauna fever seems to be spreading among Japanese skaters... 😂

ETA: Kazuki's IG post about Japan Open: https://www.instagram.com/p/CUkQtstPPoN/

Last edited:

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker
Yay, I am glad Kazuki's free is up!
My favorite part is still the last part ^ ^ Kazuki is very fast and doesn't seem to have stamina issues, either :] I think the commentator said he's good at skating to musicals. He really livened the place up :) Also, I loved his reaction in the KnC.

KiraraChin

Medalist
Bit of a rough skate for Kazuki today, doubling the combo to 4T2T, then underrotating and falling on the 4S, in addition to a time violation deduction. He still in the lead with 75.90, here's the protocol: https://twitter.com/Tomono_Infonet/status/1446672124156932100

Google translated article: https://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/202110090000406.html

Kazuki Tomono "Frustrated" SP leader also regrets not being able to achieve the goal of "4 rotations-3 rotations"​

<Figure Skating: Kinki Championship> ◇ 9th ◇ 2nd ◇ Kinoshita Academy Kyoto Ice Arena ◇ Men's Short Program (SP)

Kazuki Tomono (23 = Central Sports), who is aiming to participate in the Beijing Olympics, took the lead while leaving challenges.
At the beginning, he succeeded in a continuous toe loop of 4 to 2 rotations, but the following 4 rotations Salchow fell and scored 75.90 points. He said that his goal was to make the toe loop 4 to 3 turns. "I'm disappointed that I got 2 turns even though I entered (the first 4 turns). I made a mistake in the Salchow. I couldn't attack it. "
This season, the clear goal is to enter the three representatives of the Beijing Olympics. The inspiration is a phone call from Misha Ge (30), who is in charge of choreography for the SP "New Cinema Paradise", which will be performed for the first time in three seasons, and the free "La La Land". He said he talked a few days ago.
"I got a lot of trouble on the phone. When it comes to the game, I just jump, and I feel uncomfortable with my acting, and I can't afford it. Strictly say "
Although he is not good at English, he communicates by arranging words and using a translation app. Free is 10 days. Grab the harvest for the Grand Prix (GP) series, which will participate in the 3rd round Italy tournament and the 6th round Russia Cup. [Wataru Matsumoto]

surimi

Record Breaker
Good luck to Kazuki in the free! He is still in the lead, and well poised to win.
I thought Kazuki is more fluent in English than the article suggests. Or maybe he's being too critical of his own skills.

KiraraChin

Medalist
Another rough outing for Kazuki today, he scored 125.34 in the free, and won Kinki with a total of 201.24 points.
Protocol here: https://twitter.com/Tomono_Infonet/status/1447062841131814912

I think what happened is that he messed up the quads in the beginning, and then switched to an emergency layout with 3lo and 3F3T but didn't quite worked out o_O At least his 3A is still solid... But I really hope he manages to regroup for the GP series:pray:

Google Translated article: https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/441d7fc1efec72266fb0eebac83771d1cf5712b4

Kazuki Tomono Wins a sense of crisis due to mistakes "I can't talk about it as it is" Kinki Championship

"Figure Skating / Kinki Championship" (10th, Kinoshita Academy Kyoto Ice Arena) Men's free event was held, and Kazuki Tomono (23) = Central Sports = who is aiming for the Beijing Olympics next year at the top of the short program (SP) participated. He won the championship with 125.34 points for free and 201.24 points in total. In the free song "La La Land", he fell in the opening quadruple toe loop. The following quadruple salchow also continued to make jumping mistakes such as insufficient rotation. He showed his expressiveness in his own steps, but he made a rare mistake in the spin, and he said, "I can't talk about it as it is." I added a combination of all the jumps in the second half to recover the mistakes in the first half. There was also a lack of rotation and icing disorder, but I never forgot the feeling of attacking, saying, "I'm glad I didn't give up and jumped forcibly, and I felt better for the future." To the Olympics you are aiming for, "It is important how you approach the performance when the first and second shots (of the jump) are bad. Even in such a case, you must be able to perform the minimum performance, and you must raise that line firmly.

ETA: Podium pic! He looks so small next to Lucas and Kazuki Kushida 😂

Figskater23

On the Ice
Another rough outing for Kazuki today, he scored 125.34 in the free, and won Kinki with a total of 201.24 points.

I think what happened is that he messed up the quads in the beginning, and then switched to an emergency layout with 3lo and 3F3T but didn't quite worked out o_O At least his 3A is still solid... But I really hope he manages to regroup for the GP series:pray:

Google Translated article: https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/441d7fc1efec72266fb0eebac83771d1cf5712b4

Kazuki Tomono Wins a sense of crisis due to mistakes "I can't talk about it as it is" Kinki Championship

"Figure Skating / Kinki Championship" (10th, Kinoshita Academy Kyoto Ice Arena) Men's free event was held, and Kazuki Tomono (23) = Central Sports = who is aiming for the Beijing Olympics next year at the top of the short program (SP) participated. He won the championship with 125.34 points for free and 201.24 points in total. In the free song "La La Land", he fell in the opening quadruple toe loop. The following quadruple salchow also continued to make jumping mistakes such as insufficient rotation. He showed his expressiveness in his own steps, but he made a rare mistake in the spin, and he said, "I can't talk about it as it is." I added a combination of all the jumps in the second half to recover the mistakes in the first half. There was also a lack of rotation and icing disorder, but I never forgot the feeling of attacking, saying, "I'm glad I didn't give up and jumped forcibly, and I felt better for the future." To the Olympics you are aiming for, "It is important how you approach the performance when the first and second shots (of the jump) are bad. Even in such a case, you must be able to perform the minimum performance, and you must raise that line firmly.

Oh Kazuki everyone has a bad day now and then. It’s not your fault. Go to the sauna and relax for a day.

surimi

Record Breaker

I think Kazuki will regroup yet. The important thing is that he won his regionals, and landed his 3A. :) He usually peaks later in the season IIRC. He has more than two weeks to work on the programs, so I have faith in him.

Giu

On the Ice
Country
Italy
Bills on Youtube! Watch while it's still up :) No encore though.

I haven't watched it until now :) it's the content that I needed to cheer up the second working day of the week!!! I forgot that kazuki had this super power!!!

🥰🥰🥰Kazuki I love youuuuuu!!! 🥰🥰🥰

rRainbow

On the Ice
Country
Japan
Kazuki's interview in the Quadruple Axel (9/29/21) sold by:
Amazon USA (Kindle edition) Text is in image and not searchable.
Amazon Japan (international shipping available + kindle edition)

Translated excerpts:

--You graduated from college this spring, but did you find any changes in your lifestyle? Have you been able to spend more time on skating?
K: I can use my time more freely now, so it's easier to practice skating. I can adjust my practice time according to my physical condition, and I can be flexible with my daily practice menu, which I think is a good thing.
--When you were a university student, you could take lectures, in a way, to take your mind off skating. Is there any change now that you finished college?
K: It was hard not to have another self except for a skater. It was really hard for a while. The only thing I could do every day was to practice skating, so if I was having a bad day, I had to deal with it all day long. At first, it was hard and I often felt down, but now I've gotten used to it. Because I don't have any way to escape from skating, in a good way or a bad way, I feel I have to give it my all.
--Whenever I saw any ice show, Tomono senshu’s dancing was outstanding in the openings and group numbers.
K: Thank you very much. I'm very conscious of that, so I'm happy. I don't want to cut corners, and I want to show everything I can do.
--In the group numbers, are you able to learn the choreography quickly?
K: I think I'm a quick learner. I sometimes give ideas to everyone, like "let's do it more like this", but sometimes I forget the choreography on the show and get impatient (lol).
--At the ice show, you showed the programs for this season. First of all, the short "New Cinema Paradise" is your program for the 2018-19 season, and you are doing it for the first time in three seasons. Is there anything new you have found now that you’ve grown?
K: Of course I feel differently about the program. I have gained a lot of experience in the past three years, so I am able to express myself naturally, which I couldn't before. I often feel that I am able to interpret the music more deeply, so I really feel that there are things that come with age.
--Because it's the same music, I can see that your skating and other skills have improved a lot.
K: I've been working on my skating skills for a long time, and this off-season, I've been putting a lot of effort into it. I think my efforts have paid off, as more and more people around me say, "Your skating has improved," and I feel confident that I've improved enough to have people say that. I hope I can continue to practice and show my steps with good edgework.
--Why did you want to skate "New Cinema Paradise" again this season?
K: I skated to "New Cinema Paradise" at the Nagoya (Figure Skating) Festival (January), and I had a great feeling at that time. I thought, "I might be able to make it better now,” and that feeling grew day by day in my mind, so I decided to do it for this season's short.
--How did your choreographer Misha Ge react when he heard that you wanted to skate "New Cinema Paradise" again?
K: He was so happy. He said, "I wanted to do it again too." I think we saw eye to eye on it.

- to be cont'd -

Last edited: