Keegan Messing | Page 16 | Golden Skate

Keegan Messing

Diana Delafield

Frequent flyer
Medalist
Country
Canada
ETA: the museum curator mentioned that there is a mountain in Canada named after Manzo - Mt. Manzo Nagano. I googled and found this clip - Steve Nagano, Manzo's great-grandson, who had climbed that mountain, was talking about that experience.

Mt Manzo Nagano 5 10 15

climbing Mt. Mano Nagano, the mountain named for the first Japanese immigrant to Canada.
Thanks so much for this video clip about the mountain and its first climbers! My late husband was a hiker and climber who made a backpacking trip with friends to the base area of Mt Manzo Nagano in the 1980s. He took along a little souvenir to leave there that my mother's best friend had given him. Kyo was the granddaughter of an immigrant who had followed Manzo Nagano to Canada. Even though her family had been in the country for three generations, she still spent most of WW2 interned in a camp in the interior of the province. Her family's fabric business was bought at auction by my Scottish grandfather, who ran it at a profit selling parachute silk to the Canadian government -- and then at the war's end sold the business back to Kyo's family. For $1.

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
Let's go down memory lane! Here are Keegan's programs at 2023 Worlds, with no commentary, full replays, and full K&C (and, especially with Keegan, full crowd reaction/interaction). Savor it! :love::love::love:

After the LP, the NBC commentators had these parting words for Keegan. I genuinely can't remember who said what, but they all shared their appreciation.

"Thank you, Keegan Messing, for this and for a stellar career. It has been so much fun to watch."

Keegan is the "ultimate performer and showman. Thank you for years of entertaining us. It's been a privilege and honor to watch you."

"Bravo. Congratulations."

Yes, indeed. :thank: Keegan!