Ladies prospects after two events | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ladies prospects after two events

how works the tie-breack?
The first tie breaker is highest finish in a single event. So for instance if one skater got a first place and a fourth, and another got a second and a third, they would each have 24 points. But the one with a first place finish would win the tie breaker.

The second tie breaker is total number of CoP points in both events together.

Thank goodness none of the Americans are inspiring that kind of passion in fans over here. (maybe except select Zhang fans)
Then again, that might just be because the U.S. doesn't have a horse in the race this year.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Then again, that might just be because the U.S. doesn't have a horse in the race this year.

Very true. :frown:

(and not because I want to see board fights between American fans, but it would be nice to get one of our skaters in contention again...)

bekalc

Record Breaker
It's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ridiculous though that 4 skaters from the same country are allowed to compete at the GPF and then only 3 are allowed to go to Worlds (if the skaters from the year before did well enough to qualify that many spots!).

The US didn't qualify for three spots last year, and our new young stars are hardly taking the skating world by storm, putting up huge numbers...

I do feel sorry for the Japanese girls. But seriously it's someone like Aki Sawada who is really screwed, not necessarily Fumie.. Fumie's had the opportunity to skate in tons of competitions...

However, I don't think Japan will be allowed to qualify four ladies to the GPF. According to the rules, there's a maximum of three skaters from one country in each discipline.... I suspect that it's going to be Ando who is screwed by this rule (I could be wrong) because Fumie has had the good luck of attending a lot easier events than Ando has, and for that I'll feel bad for Miki.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
However, I don't think Japan will be allowed to qualify four ladies to the GPF. According to the rules, there's a maximum of three skaters from one country in each discipline

Oh really? Hmm.

Well it should all change. :sheesh:

yunaddiction

Rinkside
Oh really? Hmm.

Well it should all change. :sheesh:

As an international competition, the restriction is very natural.
Many European countries cannot play in the Worldcup Soccer while Korea and Japan do.
That does not mean the the European countries are weaker than Korea and Japan at soccer game.

steyn

On the Ice
However, I don't think Japan will be allowed to qualify four ladies to the GPF. According to the rules, there's a maximum of three skaters from one country in each discipline.... I suspect that it's going to be Ando who is screwed by this rule (I could be wrong) because Fumie has had the good luck of attending a lot easier events than Ando has, and for that I'll feel bad for Miki.

I think the rule you mentioned applies only to GP but not to GPF. See the official ISU announcement,

http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=956