Ladies SP - 2013 Rostelecom Cup | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Ladies SP - 2013 Rostelecom Cup

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Julia's 2axel wasn't perfect but she still skated really well, indeed.

Caro actually skated really well, only 2 points off her record. She requires a career best tomorrow if she doesn't win, yes. 134.61 or more, if I'm correct. Hard to see her actually winning with anything less.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Shayuki said:
I really hope that Julia can skate clean. 133 is a very low estimation by you here. I would say that she should score around 142 assuming she has actually improved legitly as well.

She should not. But she actually might... :slink:

I really hope she'll skate well enough tomorrow to be the rightfully winner anyway, though. It's pretty likely, given her consistency, and it makes the weird scoring a little less annoying.

gimble

On the Ice
So is this an accurate synopsis: Julia skated perfect, Caro only OK and needs to bust a move (like a career best) tomorrow, and a cluster of skaters around 60 fighting for bronze?

That about sums the event up. Lipnitskayas's last spin traveled quite a bit but other than that a good skate. Kostner also did fine.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
She should not. But she actually might... :slink:

I really hope she'll skate well enough tomorrow to be the rightfully winner anyway, though. It's pretty likely, given her consistency, and it makes the weird scoring a little less annoying.

Well. She improved upon her SP by around 5 points. That would translate to improving her LP by around 10 points. She also is better at the LP and it's her better program so I would just assume that her LP will get that one more point for a 11 point improvement, into 142.

If her PCS is about 7 higher(similiar improvement to SP) than in Skate Canada like it seems it will be, she'll only need 4 points from tech, and should get it.

That about sums the event up. Lipnitskayas's last spin traveled quite a bit but other than that a good skate. Kostner also did fine.

That spin is kind of tricky to grade for me. I probably would still give it GOE +3 even with the traveling... and now that I look at the protocol, it seems like almost all the judges agree.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I couldn't watch and now that I see the results...can someone tell me what happened with Kanako? So shocked right now.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Shayuki said:
Well. She improved upon her SP by around 5 points. That would translate to improving her LP by around 10 points. She also is better at the LP and it's her better program so I would just assume that her LP will get that one more point for a 11 point improvement, into 142.

If her PCS is about 7 higher(similiar improvement to SP) than in Skate Canada like it seems it will be, she'll only need 4 points from tech, and should get it.

I can do the math. That doesn't make it good judging though.

coolboogie22

Match Penalty
Ridiculous under scoring for Kostner

a judge gave her a 0 for that loop. and it only had three +2's ???? should have been all +2

Same with the 2A.

The same judge gave only a +1 for the step sequence.

Less than 1 point above in PCS ??? She should have been 3 points above. Only .32 above in skating skills. What are the judges doing ??

AHHH Seriously, Carolina was overscored like always, the second triple toe in the combo should have been downgraded. She is lucky to not have the name of Mirai Nagasu because she would have get a downgrade easily for the triple toe in the combo.

You should accept this score, it's way better than what she should have receive.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
I actually started to like Julia this season, but her PCS are crap. She shouldn't be able to get anywhere near a visibly clean Kostner. She rightfully won the TES, she rightfully leads, but no way in heaven or hell or even in Russia should it be a nearly 5 point difference (and I'm not even liking Caros program :unsure: )

I have to agree. Going by the protocols, this looks like a blatant case of hometown scoring. I think Julia's TES are fair. She had the most difficult content and best spins in the competition...but those PCS are just too much. For her to go from 28.94 at SC to 32.61 here is insane. I honestly doubt she improved on an already perfect program that much since SC. I mean, she was within a point of Carolina.

Julia is a lovely skater and she's doing well...a 30+ is justifiable...but 32+ is utter bull excrement.:sarcasm: I think the order is correct but that margin is ridiculous. Julia's score should be somewhere around 70 points...72+ is flat out ridiculous.

sk8ingcoach

On the Ice
AHHH Seriously, Carolina was overscored like always, the second triple toe in the combo should have been downgraded. She is lucky to not have the name of Mirai Nagasu because she would have get a downgrade easily for the triple toe in the combo.

You should accept this score, it's way better than what she should have receive.

You are clearly blind. Go watch the slow-mo. Her combo was clean.

coolboogie22

Match Penalty
You are clearly blind. Go watch the slow-mo. Her combo was clean.

I'm not blind, the second triple toe was not perfect clean, her foot is not straight at the landing. Ok maybe this deserve to be call clean but if her name was Mirai she would have get downgrade for that.

But, I cannot believe that she get +1 GOE for that combo the landing was not secure so only 0 GOE was fine for that jump.

Mao88

Record Breaker
LADIES SHORT PROGRAM - VIDEOS (By Starting Order) - Updated

Warm-Up Group 1

1. Nikol GOSVIANI (RUS) Short Program
2. Mirai NAGASU (USA) Short Program
3. Satoko MIYAHARA (JPN) Short Program, 2nd Copy
4. Haruka IMAI (JPN) Short Program, 2nd Copy

Warm-Up Group 2

5. Agnes ZAWADZKI USA Short Program
6. Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA (RUS) Short Program
7. Kanako MURAKAMI (JPN) Short Program, 2nd Copy
8. Julia LIPNITSKAIA (RUS) Short Program, 2nd Copy
9. Carolina KOSTNER (ITA) Short Program, 2nd Copy

Warm-Up Group 2 (Complete)

RESULT

Overall Result, Segment Result, Protocols

sk8ingcoach

On the Ice
I'm not blind, the second triple toe was not perfect clean, her foot is not straight at the landing. Ok maybe this deserve to be call clean but if her name was Mirai she would have get downgrade for that.

But, I cannot believe that she get +1 GOE for that combo the landing was not secure so only 0 GOE was fine for that jump.

As long as she does not under rotate more than 1/4 rotation then it is clean..

When mirai gets << its because she actually does cheat her jumps. Very often

Moment

Final Flight
No skater would receive the UR call if he/she rotated the jump as Carolina did on that combo.