Lambiel will be back | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Lambiel will be back

enlight78

Medalist
I just saw the Lambiel program other than the spins which were great; everything else was ok. I dont care for the choreography or the footwork sequence. I think both can use little more character.

seniorita

Record Breaker
I saw it!
His footwork and last spins.oh -my - god!
He so seems to enjoy it! :clap:
I use Gom player, plays everything and downloads its codecs alone, it is free, orange and look like a footprint, try it :)

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
I was just wondering if those puffy things get in the way in his jumping!

My thoughts too. And they are distracting me. My eyes wander to them; bubbling when he skates and drooping when he is still. IMO the puffy sleeves, the high collar and the boots(gaiters?) should go.

Well, he looks great and is a fabolous skater whatever he wears. :rock:

But the first time Flamenco was shown to the public was during Swiss Nationals of that season, as LP. So you can't say about Flamenco that "Stephane used a gala number for exhibition purposes before turning it into competitive LPs". It was created as competitive LP, it was presented as competitive LP. After that it was shown during Art on Ice as an exhibition program, too.
Not easy for me to berunning off to Switzerland to see Galas. I don't care how Lambiel arranges his LPs. I just want him to win the Olympics.

Wicked

Final Flight
Highly hated his SP costume until I saw the program. Now I just mediumly hate the costume. :) I like this program a lot. Spins were just amazing.

KayMil01

On the Ice
After I saw pics of the costume close up, I like it a little better, but I still think the puffy sleeves and the high collar should go. I changed my mind about the "trash bag boots" lol close-up they don't look as tacky, and they do show off his leg line.

Regardless of the costume, I love me some Lambiel :love:

Medusa

Record Breaker
Charming interview with Mr. Grütter here.

So I was not surprised when he called me. He thought I would be when he called. He said: “Do you sit down?” I said: “No, I’m standing, why?” He said: “Will you come with me to Oberstdorf?” I said: “Of course!”
:love:

Wicked

Final Flight
I think Mr. Grütter's understanding that you have to let people go is the reason Stéphane came back to him.

Noondarkly

Rinkside
When's his next international competition? I can hardly wait to see him skate!!!! He was sadly missed....

viv

On the Ice
When's his next international competition? I can hardly wait to see him skate!!!! He was sadly missed....

About what I read in NZZ about two weeks or so ago he will not have any competitions till Europeans. ISU didn't let him start in TEB, and he didn't want to go too far abroad at this time in season. I think he said something like he knows how to compete and prefers to stay in training now. Sad for us, but as long as gets into a good shape for the major part of the season...

Noondarkly

Rinkside
About what I read in NZZ about two weeks or so ago he will not have any competitions till Europeans. ISU didn't let him start in TEB, and he didn't want to go too far abroad at this time in season. I think he said something like he knows how to compete and prefers to stay in training now. Sad for us, but as long as gets into a good shape for the major part of the season...

Europeans??????????????? :( that1s such a long way off! argh...
But you're right. He will hopefully get into great shape! YESSS! :) :clap:

seniorita

Record Breaker
Really? For which disciplines?

I was afraid the skaters had to skate in a nearly empty rink, like in Zagreb.
Saturday as i said;), 23/1, i think it is ladies free. Also Gala on 24/1 is sold out.

Men competition only the cheap tickets are left.