Legacy 7, CA, CA Lite? Blade advice needed! | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Legacy 7, CA, CA Lite? Blade advice needed!

emilinkaa

On the Ice
Country
Germany
So I finally got my blades changed from Matrix Legacy to Coronation Ace today. I have to say this is the best decision I’ve made so far since I’ve started skating. Just for reference again my boots are Jackson Premiere with the fusion heel.

I was a bit shaky today on the ice but it was mostly nerves. After 5 mins I felt completely fine - my nerves calmed down when I realized the blade change adjustment period won’t be so bad.

Edge work feels way better. I don’t feel like I’m forcing my 3 turns anymore. When I’m on my inside edge I’m not in my outside edge. Backwards inside edges were actually nice for once! Backwards outside edge - wow I can lean and get into the curve.

My first spin was quite wonky because I didn’t know where the rocker was. 2nd spin was nice and centered. 3rd spin was wonky at first but then I was actually able to correct it.

I couldn’t do any jumps today besides a waltz because I was in a public session. Because of the smaller rocker I realized I had to point my toes more when I land to get on the toe pick. Once I did this it was completely fine.

I honestly couldn’t be happier with the change. I can update more tomorrow when I see my coach.
YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!

Vladik

On the Ice
So I finally got my blades changed from Matrix Legacy to Coronation Ace today. I have to say this is the best decision I’ve made so far since I’ve started skating. Just for reference again my boots are Jackson Premiere with the fusion heel.

I was a bit shaky today on the ice but it was mostly nerves. After 5 mins I felt completely fine - my nerves calmed down when I realized the blade change adjustment period won’t be so bad.

Edge work feels way better. I don’t feel like I’m forcing my 3 turns anymore. When I’m on my inside edge I’m not in my outside edge. Backwards inside edges were actually nice for once! Backwards outside edge - wow I can lean and get into the curve.

My first spin was quite wonky because I didn’t know where the rocker was. 2nd spin was nice and centered. 3rd spin was wonky at first but then I was actually able to correct it.

I couldn’t do any jumps today besides a waltz because I was in a public session. Because of the smaller rocker I realized I had to point my toes more when I land to get on the toe pick. Once I did this it was completely fine.

I honestly couldn’t be happier with the change. I can update more tomorrow when I see my coach.
That sounds great, thank you so much for the update! I haven’t heard good things about the Matrix Legacy’s spin rocker, so glad that the CA are helping you out with turns and spins!

How long did you have to wait for the blades?

thisismynewsport

Rinkside
That sounds great, thank you so much for the update! I haven’t heard good things about the Matrix Legacy’s spin rocker, so glad that the CA are helping you out with turns and spins!

How long did you have to wait for the blades?
I bought them online where they had stock. Boutique Step Up in Canada. I had to pay a mounting fee at my shop.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics

I am so happy for you! :)

thisismynewsport

Rinkside
I am so happy for you! :)
And especially thanks to you for your recommendations on this forum!

2nd update: did all my jumps today and they were great! 1st salchow I fell but again I kind of expected it since I’m not use to the blade 100% yet. Tried some new upright spin positions and they were centered. I never knew what it felt like to have a rocker until now! They are so maneuverable but I still feel like I have control over my blades. I can no longer complain about my setup - it’s perfect :)