Location of 2025 U.S. Nationals? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Location of 2025 U.S. Nationals?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Best deal with Boston is to stay at a hotel near a station on the subway (MBTA) line. Room rates are more reasonable and parking is not an issue or huge expense.

"TD Garden is home to the Boston Celtics and Bruins, as well as many concerts and events throughout the year. It's located just above North Station—a hub for subway, Commuter Rail, and Amtrak service."

Last edited:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am hoping that Nationals will be in California or Minnesota.
They were just in California, I doubt they will be there again so soon. They were in the Midwest this year, so it's likely to be East Coast, but who knows? Oddly enough the California tickets were cheaper than the Ohio tickets. I wouldn't mind Greensboro (again) because they really work hard to make it affordable for everyone and I appreciate that.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They were just in California, I doubt they will be there again so soon. They were in the Midwest this year, so it's likely to be East Coast, but who knows? Oddly enough the California tickets were cheaper than the Ohio tickets. I wouldn't mind Greensboro (again) because they really work hard to make it affordable for everyone and I appreciate that.

You have said this before, but can you give me actual prices that you remember? The folks who I know who went to Columbus said the tickets were cheaper. I didn't go to either, so I can't say.

The number of people in Columbus who went locally for what they reported as very reasonable prices certainly exceeded those in California.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You have said this before, but can you give me actual prices that you remember? The folks who I know who went to Columbus said the tickets were cheaper. I didn't go to either, so I can't say.

The number of people in Columbus who went locally for what they reported as very reasonable prices certainly exceeded those in California.
I wish I could, but my jaw dropped. I don't remember the exact amount, but I remember wow I did not expect them to be so much more expensive than San Jose. (I do not buy "good" tickets because the handicapped section is where it is). In San Jose I did actually break my rule and buy "better" seats because they were so cheap. They did not accommodate me but I ended up in a suite anyway, which is far from the action but comes with it's own bathroom.

I want to say the San Jose tickets were $400 ish and the Columbus tickets were $650 ish? It's very possible the tickets closest to the ice and 3 rows up were cheaper in Columbus than San Jose, but I don't look at the prices of those seats because like I said the handicapped seats are where they are. The seats I bought in Greensboro were like $355, they sold week long parking passes for $45 and had a shuttle running continuously from the official hotels to the rink. One could avoid the Ticketmaster fees by filling out a form and mailing it in to purchase tickets If they have it in Greensboro again I might actually get one of the expensive hotels because that shuttle would be invaluable. The physical facility is a bit worn down and the suites are not great, but I really like going to Nationals there.
Greensboro works very hard to make it affordable for EVERYONE and I love that.

Last edited:

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is it me or is the USFS taking longer and longer to announce where the next Nationals are going to be? A little over 10 months and still no news for 2025. If they were smart they will announce the next two sites where Nationals are going to be since 2026 will be the Olympic year.

Last edited:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is it me or is the USFS taking longer and long to announce where the next Nationals are going to be? A little over 10 months and still no news for 2025. If they were smart they will announce the next two sites where Nationals are going to be since 2026 will be the Olympic year.
I'm almost wondering if they didn't get any bids.

noskates

Record Breaker
My tickets in San Jose were a lot more than $400. I believe they were in the $800 range but we had the exact same seats we had the last time we were in San Jose. We were center ice about 18 rows or so up. There were stairs to go up and down but not too bad since there are railings to hang on to. The seats were excellent and we could see the entire rink easily enough. I really don't like sitting nearer to the ice because it blocks out the end zones to a point.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have never had center ice tickets. I get the cheapest available. I’ll be in the handicapped section anyway.

ANS4JBS

Rinkside
Does anyone have any info on the host city or when this will be announced? In the past, this was known several years in advance, so it seems odd that nothing has been announced.
I heard from a skating official (techncial panel person) that Nationals would be announced this week (Skate Am perhaps longer). I think someone else here mentioned St. Louis as one of the options (for either Nats or Skate Am) and that is what I heard as well from some folks "in the now" who will not confirm.