Maia Shibutani & Alex Shibutani | Page 72 | Golden Skate

Maia Shibutani & Alex Shibutani

musicfan80

Medalist
I think that they should do a Senior B before making their GP debut. I can't see why the feedback wouldn't be beneficial.

Barb

Record Breaker
I loved that they showed their dad at the airport :luv17:. Alex bothering to their mom :laugh: . And Jason so cute with them.

Mambo for the SD :dance:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I love "We have a Dad!" They are so cute. Also love that their mom still travels with them! Truly, they are National Treasures! :bow:

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
I love "We have a Dad!" They are so cute. Also love that their mom still travels with them! Truly, they are National Treasures! :bow:

I also loved the sheer amount of skaters shown in this vlog. A lot of fans of other skaters could get real glimpses of their faves by watching the Shibs vlogs. Stolbova is so funny and smoldering and Tong was super sweet about the Shibs.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I also loved the sheer amount of skaters shown in this vlog. A lot of fans of other skaters could get real glimpses of their faves by watching the Shibs vlogs. Stolbova is so funny and smoldering and Tong was super sweet about the Shibs.

Definitely! That was a lot of talent in one competition - wow! So many fun "cameo" appearances. And they got that one (vlog) up really fast. I think it takes an incredible amount of discipline to do the vlog when I'm sure they'd probably rather just fool around like everyone else is doing. They are SO amazing. I met them at Nationals, and they're such nice people. :love:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I loved that they showed their dad at the airport :luv17:. Alex bothering to their mom :laugh: . And Jason so cute with them.

Mambo for the SD :dance:

as a rhythm - definitely a great choice for their aesthetic/chemistry/expression, and for me - depending on the music/remix/version used - it could be really easy on ears, 'organic' in transition between Rhumba pattern and Mambo as a second rhythm. I trust their tastes and sophistication level that there won't be any over-choreographed, cheesy fest - they sure have their concept and idea to make the music, the theme accessible, comfortable for them, looking fresh, exciting and attractive.

Barb

Record Breaker
If the picture that Alex posted is exactly the album they are using, this is the list of songs:

Side A: 1. María Bonita 2. Cu-Cu-Rru-Cu-Cu Paloma 3. La Borrachita 4. Machaca 5. Adiós Mi Chaparrita 6. Marta
Side B: 1. Lullaby Of Birdland 2. Flight Of The Bumblebee 3. Leo's Special 4. Come Back To Sorrento 5. Fireworks

There is no mambo number 5, no 8, no mambo jambo :sad21:

I love María Bonita and Cu-Cu-Rru-Cu-Cu Paloma but those are very slow. I like Flight Of The Bumblebee.

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
Happy Birthday Alex ! 26 already !! :hb: This handsome man is going to break many hearts in PyeongChang haha ! :laugh:
Here's to many more years of skating !

slider11

Medalist
Do you think they will participate in a B competition? These are the dates:

U.S. International FS Salt Lake City, USA September 13-17, 2017
Lombardia Trophy Bergamo, Italy September 14-17, 2017
Autumn Classic International Montreal, Canada September 20-23, 2017
Ondrej Nepela Trophy Bratislava, Slovak Republic September 21-23, 2017
Nebelhorn Trophy Oberstdorf, Germany September 27-30, 2017
Finlandia Trophy Espoo, Finland October 6-8, 2017
Minsk-Arena Ice Star Minsk, Belarus October 27-29, 2017
Warsaw Cup Warsaw, Poland November 16-19, 2017
Tallinn Trophy Tallinn, Estonia November 21-26, 2017
Golden Spin of Zagreb Zagreb, Croatia December 6-9, 2017

I think they should go to Salt Lake. I don´t know why they went to Europe last seasons. Maybe they wanted a more realistic score.

I'm going to bet on Salt Lake City. Meryl and Charlie did that their 2010 Olympic year there to "try out" their Olympic programs. Then maybe one more particularly if they feel they need further feedback. Maia and Alex are friendly and engaging but shrewd and strategic. They'll figure this out and be on the podium.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:hb: :points: :dance3: :yahoo: :hap85: :bow:
Happy Birthday Alex. Congratulations on a great season, and here's to an even better season for 2017-2018.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh my gosh! Awesome photos! Just love this family -- look at how cute Grandma is! Gradually, we're beginning to know everyone. I just LOVE the way they post photos of their family members, which so many of the skaters never do...Come on Alex, just ONE piece of cake would be a good way to close out the season! :luv17:

On their way to L.A.? Sounds like choreography work to me! :hap57:

Hamonrsa

On the Ice
They are SO nice. I passed them in the airport in Helsinki (on my way back home to Boston, via Iceland) and in passing, said, "it was a pleasure seeing you in person". They both stopped, introduced themselves, asked me my name and where I was from and Alex thanked me for coming to support the skaters. Very cool experience and pleasant people. Also I especially enjoyed the Free Skate there. Very elegant performance.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Aren't they wonderful?! They're so nice, and they seem to really enjoy talking to the fans. I talked to them at Nationals and told them I would see them at Worlds. They do so much for the sport and are such a class act. https://pic.twitter.com/4MHY1vdsPh

Celine

On the Ice
They are SO nice. I passed them in the airport in Helsinki (on my way back home to Boston, via Iceland) and in passing, said, "it was a pleasure seeing you in person". They both stopped, introduced themselves, asked me my name and where I was from and Alex thanked me for coming to support the skaters. Very cool experience and pleasant people. Also I especially enjoyed the Free Skate there. Very elegant performance.

So cool that you had such a lovely experience, thank Lcp2000 for sharing. The Shibs are so gracious with and grateful to the fans.

Happy Birthday to Alex!
Birthday wishes to Alex from Team USA
https://www.instagram.com/p/BTUHT7ElWbH/?taken-by=teamusa

Maia and Alex with Olympic diver Steele Johnson in NYC at the Shorty Awards
https://www.instagram.com/p/BTPl1C8lpx_/?taken-by=teamusa

They had an interview at the Shorty Awards 2 years ago as part of the "Creator Series"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zL8l52Robcw

Last edited: