Mao Asada's jumps -- discussion | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Mao Asada's jumps -- discussion

kandidy

Final Flight
But today's only one trilpe axel was ratified and she didn't even do one triple-triple combination. If she is perfect today she will be around 135?
Anyway, as I love Mao's jump and grace, I wished she should connect the music to her skating. If I put her program into her old LP, it will still fit perfectly. I wished she integrates her jump and performance to music interpretation , body and facila expression.

Yogudin

Rinkside
Yes, surely IMO. Tarasova and Mao have to decide to try three 3A's or two 3A+Quad. Mao loves only to challenge further, maybe even HEX !

Really, even Hex? Oh, My god! Mao's goal isn't just grabbing a gold. And she has given rise to the real Big Dilemma not for the Judges, but for herself to think about the real way to win over Yuna. Mao has got 191.13 points with two 3A’s and without even ‘!’ on her flutz, on the other hand Yuna has got 191.75 points with ‘e’ on her flip and without any 3A! Never mind of Yuna’s points-193.45 in the Skate America! Why does Mao have to try two 3A’s? As you say, Mao loves really to take every risk ? No, not at all! That’s it! ; There is no way out for Mao!

kandidy

Final Flight
On the contrary, I think Mao is kind of perfectionist herself. Remember her crying at Skate Canada and TEB? She cried even she was in the first, because she didn't performed as she expected and she wanted to challenge for perfection. Beating Yuna, maybe one of the reason by TT, for Mao herself maybe motly because pf her own personality.
Just one note, practicing those difficult things all the time, but Mao still looks very healthy! She is very lucky she never had serious injury and I hope she will stay healthy all the way.

Moderator's note. This thread has been split. GS members who want to continue discussing how awful Korean and Japanese skating fans are, go here:

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25585

GS members who want to look at slow motion videos and rant about skater's they dislike, please go to You Tube.

If anyone has anything else of a constructive nature to offer about Asada's jumps, please continue here.

Love_Skate

Rinkside

I think it should have been downgraded for UR. I didn't notice it because it was very fast and no slow replay was available. The tech panel can make a mistake, but it made too many in this competition especially for the edge calls.
Considering this is the first salchow she landed at the senior competition, after some practices, I believe she will be able to improve it.

bethissoawesome

On the Ice
Mao is the meanest flutz jumper I've ever seen.
We can see that just through Her odd lutz timing.
The other players do a lutz at the moment that their edge get changed from 'in' to 'out' - even all of the famous flutz jumpers.
But Mao is doing it, 'in', (very long)'out' and 'in' timing.
It's not more than for cheating the judges intentionally.
She obviously intends to deceive the judges with her long, long outedge gliding.
Long outedge gliding is abnormal acting.
No one (who is normal) wants place her(or his) center of gravity outside for that long time.
Under that condition, there can't be a lutz jump, because it's impossible to keep her(his) balance outside the body for such a long time.
During the Long outedge gliding, her(his) center of gravity gets back inside.
That's why the other skaters do a lutz at the moment that their edge get changed from 'in' to 'out'.
Mao couldn't her old bad habit, she just became deceitful and tricky in this season.
Very disappointed.

I have to say, this post is pretty ridiculous. I HIGHLY doubt that Mao is trying to "trick" or "deceive" anyone, including the judges. She is simply dealing with a jumping problem that she has had for a long time, her flutz. It's not something that can be corrected over night. Probably flipping to the inside edge at the last minute is just a force of habit, because that is how she ALWAYS took off for her lutz jump. Atleast she is trying to correct it now by going on to the outside edge as long as she can. That was a very sad post you wrote.

jaejang2001

Match Penalty

.Absolutly not.! Mao's jump is Flutz.!!

Your video is made of two split clip.

First clip is "ANA"background.---maybe Two foot landing?

Second (Zoom In)clip is "SEIKO"backgrond--- clear landing.

Check the full motion.

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?i...e=1&search_pos=-461757&k_type=0100&keyword=러츠

http://cfs13.tistory.com/image/11/tistory/2008/12/01/15/17/49338171d784d

http://cfs13.tistory.com/image/8/tistory/2008/12/01/15/17/49338178554eb

and Mao's flutz jump is edge jump like " axel- take- off- style"

Last edited: