Mariah Bell retires from competitive skating | Golden Skate

Mariah Bell retires from competitive skating

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Wow the door is open for Gracie Gold to get back on the American world team. Three spots. Everyone should be fighting for it; because after worlds the Americans might be down to two spots. Worse can you imagine if things go really bad and US is down to one woman? With Bradie injured still it appears. Liu retired. Bell retired. I thought CHen was taking the year off from competitive skating. Wow. This could be Gold's moment. Her one moment in time.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow the door is open for Gracie Gold to get back on the American world team. Three spots. Everyone should be fighting for it; because after worlds the Americans might be down to two spots. Worse can you imagine if things go really bad and US is down to one woman? With Bradie injured still it appears. Liu retired. Bell retired. I thought CHen was taking the year off from competitive skating. Wow. This could be Gold's moment. Her one moment in time.
We still have Isabeau Levito. But you're right. Gracie does has a chance.

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
All the best to Mariah! I’m a bit sad I never got to see her skate live (I bought a rabbit plush for Worlds 2020!) but glad she achieved so much and is getting to retire on her own terms as a US champion, Olympian, and small bronze World medalist 🙂 Hope she’s got some fun show programs in the future and has a smooth transition into whatever her immediate (and not-so-immediate) future plans may be.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
One thing I will always remember...besides our short chats....is how she interacted with the fans in the arena when they approached her...she always had time for a selfie with a little kid and a smile.....and of course she loves dogs.....;) I think she will do just fine on whatever path she chooses

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
Sad to see her go, but her career was inspiring indeed. Very happy having been here for her breakthrough season in 2016 and eventually seeing her in the Olympics. I hoped she’d stay around for one more season to go for a worlds medal she so narrowly missed out on, but wish her all the success in the future.