Max Aaron: "I'm shooting for Olympic gold" (per IN, May 21) | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Max Aaron: "I'm shooting for Olympic gold" (per IN, May 21)

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The Skating Lesson has interviewed Max. His sex appeal is confirmed, as Jenny Kirk has showed more skin than she ever has on her show and is absolutely in lust with him. They're talking about his "bad boy danger" vibes. Thought some of his fans here would like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5w894g5Zqg
Jenny was looking hot hot hot with those bare shoulders and looking very demure. Okay i will shut up now. :biggrin:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The Skating Lesson has interviewed Max. His sex appeal is confirmed, as Jenny Kirk has showed more skin than she ever has on her show and is absolutely in lust with him.

Yeah, as soon as I clicked play I went, "Oh man, she's got the hots for him." Not that I blame her. He's a stud. :love: Wonder if he realises how many girls would like to be the one to give him that second ring he's after? ;)

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Karne, thanks for starting the Max Thread and linking the TSL video.

I watched it last night; I'm a bigger fan on his since I have. I liked how he was upfront about his breakout program/season. Essentially, he said he knew those programs were lacking in transitions and other PCS elements. He did that intentionally because he wanted to land those jumps and skate clean. He brought that up a lot: skate clean.

He seems pleased that his summer work is addressing his self-acknowledged weaknesses, particularly talking about his work with Lori on difficult transitions and attending dance classes to help him with movement.

He is committed to two quads in the short and three in the long. It was hinted that one was a quad lutz.

He talked about Carmen and it's overuse, and why he decided to use it anyway. Said he was using lesser-known selections at the beginning of the program. I'm still not sold on this choice, but he's his own man. He picked this, not Lori, and he had some rationale as to why.

He was coy about his SP. It will be something upbeat, intended to leave the audience smiling at the end. I'm hoping he doesn't go the Ryan Bradley route.

My takeaways from the interview: He's working hard, is proud of the improvements that he's made, is confident but not arrogant, respectful of other top men but certainly not awed or intimidated, and will do anything he can to give himself a chance on the podium and sincerely believes he has a chance.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
It's a great interview. He's very open about his skating, his goals, his past, his present & his future. His competitiveness & his willingness to train as hard & as long as he has to to achieve his skating goals reminds me of an interview Linda Leaver gave many years ago concerning Brian Boitano's training habits & how he would stay at the rink long after everyone had left just to perfect one jump or one movement. Here's hoping Max can match Brian's success in the sport.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
I'd love it if somehow, Mr. Aaron wins gold in Sochi with all those quads, while Plushenko gets silver or worse with only two quads. It would be delicious irony for all those Russians who complained about quads being undervalued to have the new scoring priorities they so ardently wished for to come back to bite them on home soil.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'd love it if somehow, Mr. Aaron wins gold in Sochi with all those quads, while Plushenko gets silver or worse with only two quads. It would be delicious irony for all those Russians who complained about quads being undervalued to have the new scoring priorities they so ardently wished for to come back to bite them on home soil.

You know, I actually don't think Plushenko would mind. Well, he'd mind, being competitive and all, but I think he'd be more content with Max winning with five quads than someone winning by falling on their as$ or doing only one quad or no quads. Not that Mr Plushenko has given any opinion of Master Aaron publically, but I think he'd be pleased about the number of quads.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Meanwhile I remain miffed that by this time in the leadup to the Olympics Evan Lysacek had done a nude photoshoot (in all his fake-tan glory). Where's Max's? ;)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Meanwhile I remain miffed that by this time in the leadup to the Olympics Evan Lysacek had done a nude photoshoot (in all his fake-tan glory). Where's Max's? ;)

karne, I see that you are winking in your post above, but for the record:

Lysacek's nude photo for ESPN appeared in its 2010 Body Issue, published in October 2010 -- i.e., months after his gold medal in Vancouver. And the photo shoot took place in September, according to this article at the time.
(For anyone who cares for another look at the 2010 image of Lysacek:
I suppose it is possible that he appeared in another nude photo before Vancouver as well??? If so, sorry, I don't have any memory of an earlier one.)​

As for why Aaron makes so many of us swoon, I think physical attraction is only one reason -- with his personality, mind, and heart also important parts of the equation. His persona as a sweet gentleman would make posing even tastefully a la Lysacek seem out of character (and somewhat jarring), IMHO.
But I agree with the general point that Aaron has a star quality that could bring a lot of positive attention to figure skating in the U.S. As his training/competitive schedule permits and to the extent that he is comfortable, I hope that his role as a "spokes-skater" will increase.

niami

Rinkside
karne, I see that you are winking in your post above, but for the record:

Lysacek's nude photo for ESPN appeared in its 2010 Body Issue, published in October 2010 -- i.e., months after his gold medal in Vancouver. And the photo shoot took place in September, according to this article at the time.
(For anyone who cares for another look at the 2010 image of Lysacek:
I suppose it is possible that he appeared in another nude photo before Vancouver as well??? If so, sorry, I don't have any memory of an earlier one.)​

As for why Aaron makes so many of us swoon, I think physical attraction is only one reason -- with his personality, mind, and heart also important parts of the equation. His persona as a sweet gentleman would make posing even tastefully a la Lysacek seem out of character (and somewhat jarring), IMHO.
But I agree with the general point that Aaron has a star quality that could bring a lot of positive attention to figure skating in the U.S. As his training/competitive schedule permits and to the extent that he is comfortable, I hope that his role as a "spokes-skater" will increase.

Maybe Karne was thinking of the 2009 photoshoot of Evan in the speedo:
http://www.dnamodels.com/images/high_resolution/3533_06-2009_Unknown_USA_front_14_f.jpg

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I suppose it is possible that he appeared in another nude photo before Vancouver as well??? If so, sorry, I don't have any memory of an earlier one.

Maybe Karne was thinking of the 2009 photoshoot of Evan in the speedo:
http://www.dnamodels.com/images/high_resolution/3533_06-2009_Unknown_USA_front_14_f.jpg

Thanks, niami. Sorry that I had never seen the 2009 photo before :eek:. #sorrynotsorry

Apologies to karne for my oblivion [although in this case, ignorance was bliss indeed :yes:].
Unlike you, I am not miffed by Lysacek's greater pre-Olympics "exposure" ;). To me, Max Aaron is endearing for being earnest rather than edgy.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Thanks, niami. Sorry that I had never seen the 2009 photo before :eek:. #sorrynotsorry

Apologies to karne for my oblivion [although in this case, ignorance was bliss indeed :yes:].
Unlike you, I am not miffed by Lysacek's greater pre-Olympics "exposure" ;). To me, Max Aaron is endearing for being earnest rather than edgy.

I agree that Max's primary attraction is being an honest sweetheart, and a gritty tough fighter (always my weakness)...but it sure can't be denied that he's got the body to go with it. ;)

If the NBC go back to their Vancouver-style "Sweet Innocent All American Boy taking on the Evil Communist Russian" fluff, they could go worse for their sweet boy than Max. ;)

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Yikes! I could have done without that at just after seven in the morning.

:laugh: Why not? Evan is gorgeous. Max is cute too, but really not in the same category as Evan, that's probably why there are so many photoshoots of Evan, and maybe why he had so much success in the skating World considering the questionable quality of many of his jumps. Looks aside, Max's jumps are way better than Evan's and I love his personality so I hope he kicks butt in Sochi and lands a bunch of quads, winds up on the podium, and beats Patrick Chan unless Chan happens to really deliver and deserve to beat him.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Evan gorgeous? With the fake tan, slicked-back hair, douche-y personality? Don't think so...

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Evan gorgeous? With the fake tan, slicked-back hair, douche-y personality? Don't think so...

I could do without all that too, I meant his physique and facial features. But I agree he would look better if he ditched the bronzer. But I actually think his personality is alright, he just seems kind of boring and a really, really hard worker. However, I think the fact that the media always describes him as a really, really hard worker is maybe alluding to the fact that he doesn't have much of a personality at all. Because, duh, any skater at this level works really, really hard, it's just that most of them have other features the commentators can talk about in addition to that. One perk of Evan actually showing up to SA though could be Max whipping his butt.

noskates

Record Breaker
Oh PLEASE. Carmen again?

Blechhh. I recently saw Max in Dreams on Ice and he didn't look to me like he'd been taking ballet or working on his presentation. He was still klunky between jumps (which were great except he fell twice on double axels) and looked like a young Elvis Stojko. Be-bopping around the rink with no style and absolutely no smoothness whatsoever. I will say he's cute and he has a great smile but I just don't enjoy watching him skate. Sorry.

But then I never enjoyed watching Evan skate, either. His windmilling arms were very distracting! I was very happy he won the Olympic Gold for the US - but would have been happy if any American won Olympic Gold. I do wonder what will happen at SA if Evan doesn't do well.....will he "develop" an injury?

And had to laugh at the mention of bronzing and slicked back hair. That's Evan!!