Max Aaron | Page 90 | Golden Skate

Max Aaron

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I hope we get a picture or two! Or maybe a video if we are very lucky.

I'm glad he's still doing shows.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Look what I found :biggrin:
https://i.imgur.com/GNMzaC8r.jpg

I didn't even realized they had a printed version of the list. :hap85:

Happy to learn that ESPN Magazine chose Max to comment re Yuzuru as #11 on its list of the most dominant athletes in 2018 (in Dec 2018/Jan 2019 issue).

Max foresees successful quad axel for Yuzu, and praises Yuzu's jump technique as well as Nathan's. Max also discusses his own experience re quad axel with harness.
(The third sentence from Max gives me slight pause, but his seemingly casual tone leads me to hope/believe that his absolute gratification [expressed when he retired from competitive skating] is unwavering.)

I am a little late to the party, but have copied shiroKJ's post (Dec 14) from The Edge thread. Thanks for the jpeg of Max's words -- as told to Bonnie Ford.

And thanks to others in The Edge and in Yuzu's fan thread for also appreciating Max's comments.

I hope we get a picture or two! Or maybe a video if we are very lucky.

I'm glad he's still doing shows.

Mirai's Instastory now has an off-ice glimpse of Max.

:agree: Just nice to know that he still is doing shows.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
New entry in the "What Is Max Up To?" game!

Two pictures in New York on his instagram story with no context.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
He's riding a skateboard now with the caption next stop: snow! on his insta story. I'm guessing he plans to go snowboarding soon then. Oh, yikes.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Looks like they all had a great time. I wonder what Max was doing in Dallas?

Also, um, not that I automatically looked or anything, but...he still looks in tremendous shape.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Happy 27th birthday to our dearest SnuggleBat!

I hope he is well, and happy, and that his new career is everything he wanted it to be.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
February issue of Skating magazine has an article about Max, Christina Gao, and Alex Johnson, and their new roles in the financial world:

Looks like they all had a great time. I wonder what Max was doing in Dallas? …

BTW, for the sake of completeness:

@the.cains perma-posted a photo of Max with Ashley and Timothy:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuFx3kInKs1/ (Feb 19, swipe/scroll over to fourth image)​

… Also, um, not that I automatically looked or anything, but...he still looks in tremendous shape.

LOL, the Skating magazine article gives a sense of why/how. ;)

Happy 27th birthday to our dearest SnuggleBat!

I hope he is well, and happy, and that his new career is everything he wanted it to be.

Happy Birthday, Max! :hb:

Miss you. :ghug:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
OMG, I am crying … just now on the live edition of Ice Talk, Jackie Wong made a point of saluting Max :bow: for helping to get the three spots for U.S. men at upcoming Worlds. And of adding that today is Max's birthday. :hb:

It also was heartwarming to see how Tim Goebel and Andrea Joyce immediately joined in with spontaneous and extreme enthusiasm to give a toast to Max for his contribution to the third spot as well as for his birthday.

(McCarvel was there too.)

Jackie segued to Max amid a discussion of the outlook this year for U.S. women to earn a third spot.

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1RDGlqQewQrJL (from about 40:20 forward, the conversation leads to Max)​

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
OMG, I am crying … just now on the live edition of Ice Talk, Jackie Wong made a point of saluting Max for helping to get the three spots for U.S. men at upcoming Worlds. And of saying that today is Max's birthday. :hb:

It also was heartwarming to see how Tim Goebel and Andrea Joyce immediately joined in with spontaneous and extreme enthusiasm to give a toast to Max.

(McCarvel too.)

I couldn't figure out how to get to that live podcast. Where was it?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I couldn't figure out how to get to that live podcast. Where was it?

I edited links into my post above.

Thank you, Max. :luv17: :ghug:

ETA:
I hope that my wording was not misleading. Lest anyone wonder: Max was not present for the live podcast. Jackie initiated the shout-out to Max … Andrea responded with a very emphatic "Yes!", and raised her glass high … followed instantaneously by the others raising theirs ... sincere moment of strong appreciation for our deserving Max.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh! That was so wonderful. Especially since USFS seemed to be in a very big hurry right from the outset to forget all about Max, to know that just mentioning his name will make all these big names happily raise a glass...

ice coverage

Record Breaker
In case anyone will be in western Pennsylvania on Sat Apr 6:

Max will be a special guest star for a show in Erie. :)

http://www.glidingstars.org/gliding-stars-of-erie-pa/

Sounds like a wonderful event. Excerpts from local article:

It's show time! The ice center at Mercyhurst University will take on a "Motown Madness" theme for a spectacular production on April 6 spotlighting several national champion competitors from across the country as special guest performers.

The occasion? The 19th annual Gliding Stars Erie Chapter showcase of about 80 special needs "handicapable" children and adults who will have the opportunity to perform in front of a live audience. ...

It's an epic experience, said Althof. "At the end of our yearly show, each of our 'stars' are presented with a gold medal by their volunteer. These medals mean more to these kids than you will ever know! Some take them to school to show teachers and classmates. I have been told by several parents that the kids sleep with them as well as one parent told me that their child would not even take his off to shower! ...

https://www.goerie.com/entertainmentlife/20190317/meg-loncharic-gliding-stars-ice-show-gets-big-draw (Mar 17)

Other special guest stars: Douglas Razzano; and Jordan Bauth, Team USA's entry in ladies at 2012 YOG.

"The Erie event has an annual audience of 500 to 600 people."

BTW, throwing back to last year's show at Ice Den in Arizona, its site has a gallery of 2018 show photos with Max in the last one.

https://www.icedenscottsdale.com/photo_gallery/show/2338668#23 (it is a slideshow that I cannot seem to turn off; Max is in the last photo before it loops back to the first one)​

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Instastory alert: @margauxisaksen posted some fun/funny video of Max, Alex Johnson, and herself from OTC days.

Parts of it are new to me, although I do recall seeing one part before. Nice to hear Max's laugh again.

Hat tip to @alexmartinj. :ghug: (Alex, I miss you as well.)

Oh yay, Max show! I hope there are videos :)

:agree: :pray: Especially for this one. Or at least photos. It sounds like a very uplifting event.

… Also, how are we not talking about the beautiful cuteness that is this picture: https://www.instagram.com/p/BvFzYcgF34Q/

I'm guessing this is Max's furbaby? He's super cute.

Happy First Birthday to the adorable George. :hb:

From previous social media (from Maddie :ghug: and Max), I think maybe George belongs to the entire Aaron family?

(Not that it matters, but the newly posted photo of Max and George perhaps was taken around the time of Hanukkah? Menorahs in the bkgd.)

Random memories (sigh):

Leading up to Sochi, NBC collected some photos of "hopefuls and their pets," including a really sweet one of Max as a young boy sprawled on the floor with his arms around a dog as big as Max. :laugh: Also a golden retriever, I think. Zach or Zack by name, IIRC. (But AFAIK, all the NBC Sochi stuff has been taken down. :sad4:)

Back when all three Aaron sibs were training in Colorado and Mrs. Aaron was spending most of her time there too, she mentioned in an interview that Dr. Aaron (holding the fort down in Scottsdale) would send them videos of the dog.​

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Facebook has a few photos of Max from the adaptive skating show.
Not sure whether logging in is necessary to see them.

One here:

And within the large album at the link below, Max is seen several times. (LOL, look for the guy in a white t-shirt and dark pants. ;) :ghug:)
Looks as if he performed solo and also was on ice with the special-needs skaters and volunteers.

One of the Max photos from the large album:

A newly posted compilation of Showtime On Ice photos from past years includes several shots of Max, including some that I do not recall seeing before:

From the same Facebook group, an old link with new-to-me photos of Max at 2017 Showtime On Ice:

And now I see that this Facebook group for Showtime on Ice has many other photos ... including from earlier years when Max appeared. For example, one of the links with 2016 photos: