Melissa Bulanhagui 4cc | Golden Skate

Melissa Bulanhagui 4cc

Skatingfan1

Rinkside
Does anyone know why Melissa Bulanhagui did not compete at 4CC? I thought she was representing the Philippians. And does anyone know if she will be at worlds this year. I think it would have been interesting to see where she would of placed.

gkelly

Record Breaker
According to ISU rules skaters need to sit out a season from international competition before competing for another country.

Bulanhagui competed internationally representing the United States at the beginning of the 2010-11 season, winning bronze at Nebelhorn, so she is not allowed to compete for the Philippines in 2011-12.

She can compete next year, in 2012-13.

See: http://figureskatersonline.com/news/2011/09/14/melissa-bulanhagui-to-represent-philippines/

She will make her debut at the Philippines National Championships in November with a goal of competing internationally after the 2011-12 season. (emphasis added)

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Bulanhagui won 2012 Philippine Nationals. She may not have been eligible for 4CC because she hasn't established a recent ISU score (her last international competition was 2010 Nebelhorn, where she finished 3rd). She would have to compete at an International B in order to be eligible to skate at Worlds.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Apparently she was there (according to her twitter) but she did not compete.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I remember her being an outstanding jumper a few years back, but I guess this is why we haven't heard much from her recently. I wish her the best!