Men - Short Program | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Men - Short Program

Rosaleen

Medalist
8 Zoltan KELEMEN ROU
Music: Safri Duo Medley black with white angle bands diag on chest /
Good chor to the quirkly music that starts the program / popped z 2t / ftwrk 3f fell / there was some really neat chor between the 2 jumps that I almost though was one of this footwork seq it was so good / combo spin ends in fast scratch / and then he singles the a with a big open jump that didn't really looked like a pop / the choreography and transitions in this program are wonder and he's right with the music the whole time - a disaster jumpwise other otherwise a fantastic program (maybe not the difficulty but thoroughly enjoyable)

PB 38.72 TES 14.53 PCS 20.18 Tot 33.71 currently 8th

iloveaxel

Match Penalty
Strange findings

Look at how few falls this worlds has so far. There's only ONE fall in the entire pairs competition, and exactly one fall in men's SP so far.

Maybe Japan has invented some high-tech ice surface?:clap:

Rosaleen

Medalist
9 Przemyslaw DOMANSKI POL
Music: Alexander soundtrack by Vangelis / black with wide gold bands around chest and over shoulders
Opening chor to the drums beats gets your attention / 3f3t kind of feel out of the toe / 2a / 3z way underrot - fell / sit ch sit has nice low pos / strt steps express the music quite well / death drop with nice fly but spin gets very slow / O ftwrk moves quite well and express the music / back camel to donut (without dropping leg in transition) starts the combo spin /

PB 45.84 TES 22.65 PCS 20.86 Tot 42.51 currently 5th

Rosaleen

Medalist
10 Sean CARLOW AUS
Music: Scott and Frans paso Doble white shirt with bright blue bolero & black pants
3t2t to start / 3s from ftwrk / great fly and fast spin on the death drop / 2a / back camel with nice extension starts the combo spin - well done - nice speed throughout / O ftwrk is right with music and into the strt steps that move very well - very curvey / sit ch sit starts backwards with good speed & pos / and he's very happy with that skate and so he should be but with only the easier jumps I'll bet it's not going to be enough to move on to the long program /

PB 48.70 TES 26.52 PCS 23.21 Tot 49.73 new PB currently 4th

Tigger

Final Flight
I can, and have, watch worse things while doing my half hour on the treadmill. That second flight was very enjoyable. A shame about the Romanian skater, but the program was fun choreography wise.

Great skate by the Aussie lad!! Aussie Aussie Aussie!! Oy Oy Oy!! :biggrin:

As a huge LOTR fan, is it a surprise to hear I'm rooting for the upcoming Kiwi skater? :biggrin:

Look at how few falls this worlds has so far. There's only ONE fall in the entire pairs competition, and exactly one fall in men's SP so far.

Maybe Japan has invented some high-tech ice surface?:clap:

No more comments like this please - look what happened!

But in last week's Time Magazine there was a comment by Morozov about how much he likes working with Japanese skaters because they don't fall - or something like that... so maybe Japanese ice IS better. ;)

Rosaleen

Medalist
11 Trifun ZIVANOVIC SRB
Music: Dances with Wolves, the postman / dark red shirt & black pants
A bit of chor to the dramatic opening music / 3f3t nicely done - toe was landed a bit forward though / 3a slid off edge on his stomach - not sure if rotated / I didn't see the fly sit / and the music is soft & melodic for the O ftwrk that flows well with it / 3z landed on heel and fell / sit ch sit with hop on the change of foot / music is back to the heavy drum beats again for strt ftwrk that moves very well with it / combo spin to end the program starts with nicely extended camel /

PB 58.75 TES 28.34 PCS 22.11 Ded 2.00 tot 48.45 currently 6th

Rosaleen

Medalist
12 Edward Ka-Yin CHOW HKG
Music; Por Una Cabezza / red shirt with black & white pinstripe vest /
3s2t / there's quite a nice flow to his skating / 3t 2ft prob under rot / axel didn't really get off ice / O ftwrk flows quite well and expresses the music / sorry, got distracted by the person sitting next to me and missed a spin / strt ftwrk is ok as is the final spin /

PB 24.19 TES 16.95 PCS 17.68 tot 34.63 new PB currently 11th

Rosaleen

Medalist
13 Luis HERNANDEZ MEX
Music Once upon a time in Mexico
2a is good / 3t flipped out step 2t / music is really moving now 3l fell / back sit ch sit is excellent great pos, speed & centering / diag steps are quite good and with music / combo spin is great - fast, excellent pos / O ftwrk is well done into a death drop to very nice spin / his general skating skills are very good - nice ice coverage and edges /

PB 34.76 TES 18.87 PCS 22.46 Ded 1.00 Tot 40.33 new PB currently 9th

Rosaleen

Medalist
14 Ming XU CHN
Music: Kung Fu Hustle soundtrack / top is primarily red with V effect with black pants
Very nice 3f3t to start / 3a with a step out / back sit is very fast with edge variation change with tuck on front / strt steps / I'm told that the part of the music he did his strt steps to is the Chinese version of elevator music - the steps weren't very inspired either. / I think he doubled his lutz / sorry - didn't really see the 2 spins (talking about the music) but the O ftwrk was very nice and skated to an upbeat cut of the music /

PB 55.00 TES 30.31 PCS 24.49 Tot 54.80 currently 3rd

Rosaleen

Medalist
15 Zeus ISSARIOTIS GRE
Music: Bizune Planet by Bizune / black with shiny sides and semi sheer sleeves
Some great interesting chor to kind of weird (to me) music / 3t2t / 3s / major problems on the fly sit spin - it didn't fly, sit or spin / 2a fell / music for O ftwrk has crowd clapping and it's quite an enjoyable seq / sit ch sit was the next spin but I barely saw a spin (maybe just me not paying enough attention) strt steps were inventive and with the music in to combo spin to end / there was enjoyable and interesting chor bits all through the program

PB 40.26 TES 17.96 PCS 20.07 ded 1.00 tot 37.03 curently 13th

This is gonna be a looooooooooong night.

ETA: Oh, I just realized it's 1:37 in the afternoon in Tokyo. How civilized!

Rosaleen

Medalist
16 Sergei KOTOV ISR
Music: Requiem for a Dream soundtrack / black with white chiffon over red armed & white on his upper body /
Some nice opening chor / 3z quite under rot I'm sure fell / 3f is nice / combo spin is centered with good pos / O ftwrk is expressive and flows with the music / 2a / flysit has nice tuck / diag steps move quite well with the music, but somehow he's not managing to keep my attention except in bits & pieces / sit ch sit to end the program /

PB 46.01 TES 21.60 PCS 23.39 Ded 1.00 Tot 43.99 currently 8th

Rosaleen

Medalist
17 Karel ZELENKA ITA
Blue for Klock by E Louis black with thin silve vertical lines on shirt & side of legs /
Nice cluesy chor to start / high 2a / 3f3t might not have been clean on toe - this end of rink and couldn't see it and forgot to look at the monitor / ftwrk into 3z / sit ch sit is quite good - low pos & centred / he's really into the music for the strt steps and using his whole body / right into the O ftwrk work that continues the theme of the strt / very nice combo spin to end but it went 1 second over time - he was behind the music /

PB 64.53 TES 37.10 PCS 27.71 Ded 1.00 Tot 63.81 currently 1st

Rosaleen

Medalist
18 Javier FERNANDEZ ESP
Dargon from the Bruce Lee storey / shades of mauve pants & top /
1a - was planned as a 3a? / lovely ina into 3s2t / sit ch sit is very good - nice low pos & tuck / ftwrk 3t / strt steps as music changes - crowd is clapping - very expressive with kicks & such - nicely done / This kid is only 15 / combo spin is very nice good pos, speed & centering / death drop and he went splat and just has to wait for the music to catch up / O ftwrk is dynamic and with the music and has the crowd clapping along / He's very disappointed - you just want to give him a hug - his coach is trying to console him in the K&C

PB 41.73 TES 21.20 PCS 21.37 ded 1.00 tot 41.57 currently 12th

Rosaleen

Medalist
19 Anton KOVALEVSKI UKR
Tango by Piazzollo / black with lacey effect on top and red at one cuff and bit of ruffle on front / 3a step out / 3f3t / this music so far doesn't feel like a piazollo tango and as I write that it changes / 3z is good / into flysit / and now he's really expressing the character of the music in his O ftwrk that is very nicely done with good flow / back sit with variations to front also with variations - nice spin / strt ftwrk is very tango and well done / combo spin ends the programs with a bit of layback to finish it /

PB 65.67 TES 34.83 PCS 26.78 Tot 61.61 currently 2nd