Men - Short Program | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Men - Short Program

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
I think Stephane's SP scores are ridiculous. I'm indifferent on him, but you're welcome to call me a hater. It's so fsu of you.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Stephane was 7.2 points behind Jeff. A triple flip-triple toe is worth 4.2 points, and a fall on a triple axel loses you 4 points. So with a triple flip-triple toe like Jeff and a clean triple axel he gains 8.2 points and only beats Buttle by 1 point. Well in the past when Stephane skated clean with a quad-triple vs Jeff, he beat him by between 3-4 points, with a quad toe-triple toe being worth 3.5 points more then a triple flip-triple toe. So basicaly past indicates the two are almost tied doing clean shorts with the same jumps, so this is no different then that.

satorare

Match Penalty
It's quite reasonable that quadless Buttle's PCS is lower than Joubert.
He has the highest PCS among the quadless, and still higher than several quad-equiped skaters. That's enough isn't it.

Zuranthium

Match Penalty
Stephane was 7.2 points behind Jeff. A triple flip-triple toe is worth 4.2 points, and a fall on a triple axel loses you 4 points. So with a triple flip-triple toe like Jeff and a clean triple axel he gains 8.2 points and only beats Buttle by 1 point. Well in the past when Stephane skated clean with a quad-triple vs Jeff, he beat him by between 3-4 points, with a quad toe-triple toe being worth 3.5 points more then a triple flip-triple toe. So basicaly past indicates the two are almost tied doing clean shorts with the same jumps, so this is no different then that.

I LOVE Lambiel - he's my favorite out there right now. But he was clearly not prepared for this competition. His PCS were a bit generous and Chris Mabee was underscored and should have that #6 spot.

~Z

Last edited:

mike79

On the Ice
He has the highest PCS among the quadless, and still higher than several quad-equiped skaters. That's enough isn't it.

No, it's not. When it comes to PCS Buttle really has no equal except for Lambiel. Having a quad has nothing to do with it. Why would a quad make someone's PCS higher?

satorare

Match Penalty
Having high jump arsenals has everything to do with PCS.
I know Canadian don't want admit that. That's why they send a skater like Phaneuf to 4CC and you know the result.

Zuranthium

Match Penalty
No, it's not. When it comes to PCS Buttle really has no equal except for Lambiel. Having a quad has nothing to do with it. Why would a quad make someone's PCS higher?

I'd put Takahashi over Buttle for the SP (as did the judges) and Weir over Buttle for the LP. Normally Weir would be over Buttle for the SP too, just not this season.

Last year I'd have Savoie over him in PCS in both programs as well.

~Z

Jasper

Final Flight

This is exactly the problem. Judges are connecting PCS with jumps. We really need separate judging panels! That may be the only way to correct this glaring problem.

shine

Record Breaker
IMO Lambiel deserved every component score that he got here. Yes he had a fall, and that was deducted for. But other than that, it was an amazing program and he really pulled it off in the presentation, especially the step sequences. BTW, who else does a circular and sepentine for their SP?

mike79

On the Ice
Having high jump arsenals has everything to do with PCS.
I know Canadian don't want admit that. That's why they send a skater like Phaneuf to 4CC and you know the result.

Making your point with a skater coming off an injury doesn't help your argument. What I'm trying to understand is if you think they should be connected or if you're saying that the judges are connecting them. The latter is certainly true and I agree with Jasper about the idea of having separate panels of judges.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
i watched the SP last night, and i was actually very happy with the placement. I think the judging is fair, for once!:rock: