Men SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Men SP

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
I'm sorry but not surprised about Abbott. He's 23 and been around for years but never achieved much consistency. He can occasionally reach great heights, of course, but he needs to be consistent.

Hope Brian has a good outing.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm sorry but not surprised about Abbott. He's 23 and been around for years but never achieved much consistency.

:scratch: Abbott was Jr. National Champ in 2005 and his first senior Nationals was in 2007 where he finished 4th. He repeated 4th last season at Nationals. "Been around for years" almost makes it sound like you are comparing him to Tonia Kwiatkowski or John Baldwin when that's definitely not the case.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
86.10 for Brian! Wow. That's a new PB.

It's not my favorite program of his, but it really worked tonight. And TaT seemed to like it, too.

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
:biggrin: just got off the phone and read the entries on Brian's skate --and looked at the ISU results!!!! Wahoo!!!! Magnifique! :clap:

ETA: I am so happy for him that I just want to babble about it lol

Last edited:

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
yeeeeeeeeeeeeees!!!!!!!

I'm so delighted for Brian!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

Why couldn't he have skated like that last week??:laugh:

Loved Adam Rippon's program. For an American skater, I think his skating is so Russian.

Last edited by a moderator:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Now, the others in second group:

Did KvdP get a UR call, or was it low levels on the footwork as is usually the case? Either way, great to see him back and in good shape. :)

Alban has been de-Albaned. I liked the program well enough but I sort of miss the goofiness.

Tomas - it's last season's SP, and it's still wonderful. A shame about the fall.

Jeremy Abbott: I take no pleasure in it, but I think I called this one correctly; the post-CoC expectations look to have gotten to him. He seemed really nervous out there.

Voronov - what was that?