Meryl Davis & Charlie White | Page 22 | Golden Skate

Meryl Davis & Charlie White

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I think he slipped in the corner, not during an element in the Rumba SD, at another COR, but they still won the event. And they both fell in a posing sequence at US Nat's in 2011, but no big failures.

TMC

Record Breaker
The Eurosport commentators once remarked something along the lines of "he got all the falls out of his system at that one competition" :laugh:

QMATTERS

Rinkside
Davis and White were finalists for the AAU Sullivan Award. That is a great honor that they were nominated. They did not win it today. An Ohio State Buckeye football player, Ezekiel Elliott, won it this afternoon.

KKonas

Medalist
Don't know what Davis & White's plans are for the future but Charlie has been doing some coaching classes, and from some skaters' comments, it certainly seems like he could have a future in coaching in some manner.

Charlie White as Coach from Alexa Scimeca & Chris Knierim
“Today we were lucky enough to have the opportunity to work with Charlie White. It was incredible to work with him. He carries energy and enthusiasm while teaching. He undoubtedly has a future in coaching. Aside from technique and edge quality, Charlie also taught us something even more valuable. He reminded us how important it is to share the gift of skating. Charlie said that each performance we put out is meant to touch people and move them. Whether you win or lose the more important thing is if you were able to influence the audience to feel something. This is something that requires effort and devotion to daily.
Charlie has always been a great role model and mentor, but today he raised it to another level. We are very grateful!”

And from Jason Brown’s twitter “Best surprise of the Month! Thanks @CharlieaWhite for teaching @skate7k's edge class this morning! We all loved it!”

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Thanks KKonas, it sounds like Charlie has had a good trip to Colorado. Was his main reason for going to Colorado these coaching gigs at Colorado Springs and Centennial, or is there some other reason as well? Some meeting with USFSA or some work of Tanith's?

KKonas

Medalist
Thanks KKonas, it sounds like Charlie has had a good trip to Colorado. Was his main reason for going to Colorado these coaching gigs at Colorado Springs and Centennial, or is there some other reason as well? Some meeting with USFSA or some work of Tanith's?

Don't really know. Meryl seems to be doing her own thing with DWTS Sway and product promotions (Vera Bradley) while Charlie seems to be more interested in coaching and choreo with or without Tanith although they certainly could work as a coaching team. Meryl & Charlie have said they haven't decided about returning to competition, but I just think it is unlikely with other opportunities coming their way. Of course, I am sure they will continue to perform in ice shows for awhile.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Charlie was recently the presenter at the PSA awards for the Gustave Lussi EDI award. He got it last year, Jason Brown got it this year.

caitie

Medalist
That actually makes sense, because she didn't wear proper heels for a lot of her dances. I thought it was because she broke a few of her toes during the season, though.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2015/06/04/127924152

Meryl will be performing again in Max's Sway show this coming weekend in NYC.

"Being on stage is an incredible experience," Olympic ice dance champion Meryl Davis said. "I've really only danced in a theater setting once, and that was the last time I did Sway (last December). It's addicting. Really, what I love most about skating is the ability to perform and express yourself, so getting to do that in another setting, in a different way, is super exciting for me."

In the shows last December, Davis danced two numbers with Maks, but she wasn't featured in the group routines. At the time of this interview, she was heading to New York for rehearsals. Maks told her she will be doing more this time around.

Last edited:

TMC

Record Breaker