Meryl Davis & Charlie White | Page 24 | Golden Skate

Meryl Davis & Charlie White

slider11

Medalist
Just caught Meryl Davis and Ryan Bradley on a Facebook "Meryl and Ryan After Dark" Facebook session. Very interesting and personable. I prefer listening to them than Tara and Johnny or even Tanith and Charlie. Meryl is well-spoken and a little sassy. Ryan is knowledgeable and very quirky. Very good team for potentially Olympic commentary. I know Meryl, at least, has a significant-other, but they make a very cute couple!

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Haven't had a chance yet to watch Meryl and Ryan After Dark, but everyone was raving about how good they are. Meryl did in-rink interviews and commentary along with Rusty, and she was really VERY personable and very good at it. She really gave a fresh perspective on a lot of topics. Hope she does more of the same in the future.

Last edited:

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
I finally got to meet Charlie and have my fan girl moment. What a sweet guy. I got to watch Meryl and Ryan broadcast and wow, is she beautiful upclose. Also got a chance to meet "the Moms". So I feel like I hit the jackpot!

I enjoyed Meryl's in arena segments but I wish she would hold the mic up closer, sometimes she was hard to hear. But she will learn. Is this the first year she has done in front of the camera work at nationals? I remember her doing skate radio commentary one year during the dance events.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Also got a chance to meet "the Moms". Is this the first year she has done in front of the camera work at nationals? I remember her doing skate radio commentary one year during the dance events.

Have never met Meryl's mom, but it's becoming an annual thing that my friend and I have a nice, long chat with Charlie's mom. She's so friendly and obviously so proud of him (and Tanith). We saw her on the last day after the men's FS, and she said "See you next year!" :laugh:

This is the first time that Meryl has worked along with Rusty, as far as I know. I know she wasn't in St. Paul last year, and not sure about the previous year. Then of course in 2014 she was still skating. Anyway, she was wonderful!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
So Charlie has been very vocal about politics on Twitter, pissing off a bunch of people. I have to say I enjoy Charlie trying to stand up for the beacons of democracy.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I like it. People were telling he should stick to figure skating, and he basically said that being a skater and olympian doesn't come before being a citizen. Which like, yes. Correct.

slider11

Medalist
Agreed! Charlie comments in a very respectful but direct way! Nothing wrong with having vigorous discussions, expressing various views. Too often, people are only comfortable with those that agree totally with what they think. Stretch your mind and if you have an opinion be prepared to support it!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I came to this thread because I have seen Charlie's tweets. I am also so impressed that he is directly speaking out. It would certainly be easier, for an athlete with endorsements and soeaking engagements, to just stay quiet, but he is taking his responsibility seriously.

Props!:rock:

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
He also engages respectfully to those who disagree with him, respectfully. He's a class act and also very genuine in his beliefs.

mintx

On the Ice
Meryl got engaged to long time boyfriend Fedor. She posted a picture of her ring on Instagram.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^They skated part of this on the TODAY show this morning. I think it was to open the Rock Center rink for the season.. They are still as amazing as always!

LauraV

On the Ice
That was beautiful.

I miss them terribly. But life goes on, and I am happy to see they are moving forward with their lives with the same class they always displayed in their competitive skating days.