Mihara: "I am a little bit happy" | Golden Skate

Mihara: "I am a little bit happy"

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Defending champion Mihara had a good start in her routine to “Gabriel’s Oboe” from The Mission soundtrack, landing a solid triple Lutz-triple toe and double Axel, but later received an edge call on a triple flip and underrotated a triple Lutz in combination with a double toe-double loop. She otherwise showed good level four spins and scored 140.73 for second in the long, moving up from third to second overall (210.57).
“Before I started my performance, I was surprised about Kaori’s score,” Mihara admitted. “I heard the cheering for her and I was happy for her. I was able to perform well today thanks to Kaori, my coaches and to the cheering of the audience.”
“I am a little bit happy,” added the 18-year-old. “Today my performance was not perfectly clean. I got an underrotation on the triple Lutz and I am bit frustrated about that. I felt nervous before my program, but I tried my best.”
Mihara wants to keep coming back to the Four Continents try for a medal every year. She is currently the alternate for the Olympic and World team and plans to keep on training. Her next event will the Coup de Printemps in Luxemburg at the end of the season.