Mikhail Kolyada Withdraws from Olympics due to COVID-19 | Golden Skate

Mikhail Kolyada Withdraws from Olympics due to COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivana

On the Ice
Well, that was fast, first big name gone. I feel sorry for him, first Europeans, now Olympics, 2022 just isn't Misha's year so far, I wish him speedy recovery. The next weeks are going to be torture, I do wonder how many others we will lose due to Covid until the competition goes under way.

icybear

Medalist
Well that explains why Mark Kondratiuk pcs just skyrocketed at Euros from 76 in Rostelcom to 90. COVID or not, Kolyada probably wouldnt make it because of the injury. So their top skater was gone and now Rus was left with a bunch of nobodies with no reputation. Which would have put their team gold in jeopandy against USA. So they pretentiously inflated one of them and now they still have a top male skater. I mean he literally went from a nobody to a supposedly top tier artistic skater in less than 2 months. Yeah he skated cleaner at Euros but if you are hitting 90pcs in your second senior competition I expect god like artistry

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
^ Really, do we need to hijack this sad news and turn it into a PCS debate? And I wouldn't exactly call GP medalists like Ignatov, Semenenko or Samarin nobodies, same for Mozalev, and even Gumennik is no easy rival.

Anyhow, I think we should start a prayer circle now, hoping that Kolyada's WD isn't the first in several. :pray:

DancingCactus

Final Flight
ugh. Do we know if he's really sick or if he simply can't go because of the restrictions and he can't test himself free?

Status
Not open for further replies.