Mirai Recap | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Mirai Recap

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Saw a pic of Mirai giving a talk at the breakfast...wonder what she said?

I have another kind of fame with the USFS crew...Brent has an early warning Coyote detection system so he can run the other way whenever I approach him. Kris and Jamie who run the booth scrunch down and start throwing USFS lip balm and hand sanatizers at me.... But I am gonna donate an Evan L. autographed copy of the USFS Magazine with Evan L. on the cover that I won at a breakfast oh so many years ago that they can auction off so they will have to notice me! :biggrin:

LOL....for all I know they were thinking “Here comes that eccentric (did I mention there are advantages to being “of a certain age”?) woman to talk to us about Gracie! But I only talked about her to the long blonde haired lady and to be fair she ASKED if Mirai was my favorite skater....and if I had such a thing I’d never give it up. Give them more money sure but not that!

As far as what Mirai said, she spoke about how grateful all the skaters were for us donating, she took a few questions. It was pretty hard for me to hear her. It would help me out a lot if she projected her voice more in bigger rooms. Also, she introduced me to an up and coming skater and I got her autograph. I can’t remember her name. Hopefully I can read the autograph.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
LOL....for all I know they were thinking “Here comes that eccentric (did I mention there are advantages to being “of a certain age”?) woman to talk to us about Gracie! But I only talked about her to the long blonde haired lady and to be fair she ASKED if Mirai was my favorite skater....and if I had such a thing I’d never give it up. Give them more money sure but not that!

As far as what Mirai said, she spoke about how grateful all the skaters were for us donating, she took a few questions. It was pretty hard for me to hear her. It would help me out a lot if she projected her voice more in bigger rooms. Also, she introduced me to an up and coming skater and I got her autograph. I can’t remember her name. Hopefully I can read the autograph.

Thank you so much for such a fun thread, and for sharing your experiences so vividly - next best thing to being there!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker

Hope she comes to Four conts.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is she still based in Col. Springs, or moving back to Arcadia (LA).

Her social media accounts indicate both. She’s rehabbing an injury and I’d want to be near home for that. But I’m not her and didn’t ask that question. She is taking few courses from University of Colorado. Unsure if they offer online courses. I know more and more schools, even some prestigious ones, offer an opportunity to get your entire degree online. All I know is she said to not really expect her in Greensboro because it was too far. Maybe she’s flown enough she hates flying.

b-man

Final Flight
I saw her for about 2 minutes before the ladies short and her ice desk duties, didn't get to ask much. She said she can skate now, but couldn't jump much at this time.