Mr. Ski | Golden Skate

Mr. Ski

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Mr. Ski is in Yale New Haven hospital, and he is not doing well. Both his heart and kidneys are very weak.

If some of you have wondered why I have not been very visible on site the last couple months, that is why. He has been ill since mid January.

Some of you have met Mr. Ski at events, and I thought you might like to know he is in a bad way. He is not as fervent a fan as I am, but quite a few of the older videos on the internet from the Liberty competitions were made by him.

He is a big Jason Brown fan, and his favorite routine of all time was Torvill & Dean's paso doble OSP. He and I have been married for 52 years.

In honor of him, I would like to ask all of you to consider checking the organ donor box on your driver's license. He is not a candidate for a transplant, but so many people whose lives could be saved will not be because so few people have bothered to do this.

So please think about doing it.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Many hugs to you and Mr. Ski :ghug:, Doris.

I am very sorry to learn that his serious illness :( is the reason for your less visible presence lately.
I had indeed been missing you -- but of course understand that Mr. Ski is by far your #1 priority ... as he has been for over half a century :bow:.

Will be thinking of both of you as I look forward to Jason's return to Worlds.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So sad :cry:

Dorris my thoughts and deepest prayers are going your way. 52 years together is such a beautiful thing and I hope you take a little comfort knowing your story inspires and fills our hearts with hope and love. I only wish there was something I could do. :ghug:

Manitou

Medalist
My best wishes.
My entire body is available on my driver license, but I doubt it's any good. I am almost 60....

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Prayers for your husband... courage, strength and peace to you both.... May the love you have shared these many years sustain and see you through. Please know you are in our hearts and minds. Blessings.:ghug:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh no, Doris, I'm so sorry :cry: My best wishes for Mr Ski!!! :ghug: :ghug:

humbaba

Final Flight
Doris, I am so sorry that Mr. Ski is not doing well. I will keep both of you in my thoughts and in my prayers. A 52 year marriage is indeed something to be proud of.
:ghug:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
This morning, when I went into Baby P's room, I took a long look at the stuffed USFS bear in her crib -- a reminder of the great kindness that Ski (who purchased it for her!) showed toward her and our family.

One of my husband's fond memories is talking to you and Ski at the Irish bar after the Mens' FS at 2014 Nationals.

You know we will keep Ski (and you) in our prayers. You know where to find me if you need anything at all.

(And I am already an organ donor, but I will try to find someone else who can do it in his honor).

Last edited:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Doris, I am so so sorry to hear of Mr. Ski's health challenges, and my sincerest prayers ascend: for you and for him in this new journey, and in thanksgiving for your many years together.:ghug:

Spousal unit and I are already organ donors, but we will look to sign up more.

And Mr. Ski has excellent taste in skaters.:)

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
My thoughts are with you and your family..... I agree with organ (and blood!) donation being so important. Please also make sure your family (or the person named on your healthcare proxy) knows and will respect your wishes since there are cases where family members has blocked the donation request after a persons passing.

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Thanks to all of you. The kindness of friends makes the hard times of life easier. Plus I do believe in prayer, so special thanks for those.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
My thoughts and prayers with you and your family. I am very sorry to hear of Mr Ski's condition. :ghug:

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sincerest good thoughts and deep prayer for Mr Ski's recovery.

I, too, am an organ donor. Not sure what I've got that could be any use considering my age, but they are welcome to it.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I have always said to my family that if the call should have to be made, they can have everything, except my eyes (not that anyone would want my defective eyes anyway). I will get it updated when my licence is renewed.

loopy

Final Flight
I am so sorry to hear this news, my thoughts are with you. All the driver's in my family have that box checked - my mom was very good at telling us from a young age how important it was as well as giving blood.
Again, I wish the best for you and your family.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Doris, sorry to hear that Mr. Ski is not doing great. I will keep him and you in my thoughts and prayers. I too believe in the power of prayer so will say many for the both of you.