Na-Hyun Kim | Golden Skate

Na-Hyun Kim

sam0987

Rinkside
Kim Na-hyun (Hangul: 김나현) was born January 3, 2000 in Gwacheon, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea. She is the 2016 CS Lombardia Trophy silver medalist and has finished in the top ten at two ISU Championships – 2014 Junior Worlds in Sofia and 2016 Four Continents in Taipei. She placed 8th at the 2016 Skate Canada International in her Grand Prix debut,

Born: January 3, 2000 (age 16), Seoul, South Korea

SP: I will always love you.
FS: House of flying Daggers

She has performed so elegant and unique two programs in Lombardia Trophy and earned silver medal.
Congratulations !!!!:thumbsup:

Her next competition due on this month in the Authum Classic.
I am so happy to see her performance again.
Good luck for her.😍

Last edited by a moderator:

s_parks

Record Breaker
I love her lp! And her ina bauer is my favorite. Hope she can turn out a strong performance at nationals!

clippers8200

On the Ice
Apparently Na Hyun got a SGP spot at Skate Canada - that's awesome!!! If she remains consistent, I think she could become the top Korean lady to go to worlds this year.

gourry

Final Flight
I'm not sure how to describe her. Elegant isn't the word for me. Her postures are not very polished overall- hunched back sometimes and her legs never seem to have straight line. Maybe it's her physique? She is really thin. To be honest, I was worried about her health last season because she looked extremely thin.
However, she does have something special. Yes, very unique. Quite raw yet... unique. I wish I have better vocabulary. :biggrin: Somehow she makes me keep watching her. haha
I liked her LP last season, and I like both of her programs this season. It's so nice to know that she's going to SC! Best wishes for her first senior grand prix event. And hopefully many more GP events to come in her future!
By the way, I used to be sure it would be Soyoun who goes to Pyoungchang, then I thought it could be Dabin, but now with Nahyun in the mix, it's really unpredictable! How fast things change in just one season :jaw:

Last edited:

s_parks

Record Breaker
Solid effort today! She looked visibly tired at this competition, I'm guessing because of travel.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Solid effort today! She looked visibly tired at this competition, I'm guessing because of travel.

I think, in terms of the feel of this particular Classic Chinese Dance, she got the feel better than last outing. I love it.
I hope she can have better and better outings in the future.
Chinese fans really adore this program because she used this music. And she got her recognition among Chinese figure skating community because of that.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
100.53 is really low score.
Also, hope she can improve her posture, she is a bit hunched back. that is the suggestion from her Chinese fans as well.

sneakers

Match Penalty
massively undersscored. also those PCs are stingy like many Korean skaters they are very low.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Had to pop in because I really enjoyed her these two days. I don't think it's just travel, I do think she has a tiny problem with her stamina but that's nothing. The FS music and choreo fit her. I do want to see how they scored her, hopefully we'll get it later.

Last edited:

s_parks

Record Breaker
I hope korea will invest in her more. I don't think she trains overseas at all right now, and it would do wonders for her skating to train somewhere better; training full time in korea just doesn't cut it to be competitive internationally.
I think she lost levels as well, not just URs.

Last edited:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
massively undersscored. also those PCs are stingy like many Korean skaters they are very low.

you know what, during Sochi scandal, Yuna is kinda hesitate about protest. paraphrase from her, is that, she is afraid of how will future Korean skaters be treated.
I guess her worries is relevant.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
when I watch this performance, I can see, she absolutely gave her all and beyond. it is really difficult program!.

sneakers

Match Penalty
you know what, during Sochi scandal, Yuna is kinda hesitate about protest. paraphrase from her, is that, she is afraid of how will future Korean skaters be treated.
I guess her worries is relevant.

hopefully that changes once You Young will be JGP eligible
she has a good future and have huge expectations from her.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
i just felt sad for these korean skaters, obviously give their heart and blood to this, yet saw that score coming out........
i feel for them, but what can I do....