Nathan Chen | Page 1086 | Golden Skate

Nathan Chen

sheetz

Record Breaker
The agenda for the OC Tanner conference is up and Nathan is scheduled to appear on Tuesday at 5pm for the Breakthrough Awards Ceremony as well as at 6pm for the Meet Nathan Chen session.

Free registration for the virtual event

sheetz

Record Breaker
Fun article: Nathan chosen as a non-soccer athlete for a World Cup team.
Watching Nathan Chen land five quad jumps en route to winning the gold medal at the 2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing got us thinking about his potential prowess in the center of a soccer pitch. With the ball at his feet, the three-time figure skating World Champion could spin away from any and all challengers as he dribbles upfield, with the opportunity to recreate Diego Maradona's famous goal-of-the-century. Plus, the flair and excitement of his jumping ability would liven up every midfield aerial duel following a goal kick. -Lerner

-----------------------------------------------
I thought I'd seen every one of Nathan's competitive skates but came across this one from 2010 Novice Nats for the first time.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure when/if Nathan is scheduled to appear on the OC Tanner stream but I'll update the thread when I find out.

reader3

Chicago Lady
Final Flight
Country
United-States
A shot of NC with some other speakers from the seminar.

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbi...m.1264816334345551&idorvanity=911715039655684

and during the speech: https://twitter.com/octanner/status/1574934434092130305/photo/1

Last edited:

sheetz

Record Breaker
Nathan's IG update for Bridgestone

Nathan wins his 5th Readers' Choice Award with 86.8% of the vote. I think that's the highest percentage he's ever won with.

Hanging out in NYC with some skaters

Last edited:

sheetz

Record Breaker

sheetz

Record Breaker
Nathan giving a shout out to the JO skaters.

Nathan reacts to his gold medal free skate.

zebobes

Final Flight
It's so interesting how Nathan described the confident smirk at the beginning of his program. He said that it was the way to force himself to feel confident, even when he didn't feel it, but to an outsider, he definitely looked super confident.

Also admitting that he was super worried about his Salchow, and his split second decision to go with a single flip in the combination, were all so interesting.