Nathan Chen | Page 1093 | Golden Skate

Nathan Chen

sheetz

Record Breaker
Back from vacation! Thanks to everyone, especially reader3, for holding down the fort!

A look back at CES from Yuki

Interesting comment from Shoma regarding Nathan's consistency in competition (translation by me):
Q: You're in great condition but it's difficult to skate both SP and FS without mistakes.
A: Of course there is a reason everyone struggles so much, but there comes a time when you absolutely have to do it, such as at Worlds, Olympics, etc. Skating really requires a variety of skills. Skating first and skating sixth are completely different. Even the ice is different. The temperature, too. There's almost nothing that can be done the same way. That's the hard part. But that's what Nathan is able to do. He's amazing because no matter what he doesn't miss.

Nathan's next appearance will be next week at the FISU World Conference where he will be a keynote speaker. It can be attended virtually for free (registration required)

Last edited:

sheetz

Record Breaker
Nathan provides an update on life and Invisalign.

JPTV coverage of Nathan's appearance at CES

Nathan will be featured in one of Apple's Fitness+ workouts.

Nathan will be part of a live event for Crayola's Creativity Week on Jan 27.

reader3

Chicago Lady
Final Flight
Country
United-States
Last edited:

Joe Mendoza

Virtuously Shady Diva
Final Flight
With the FISU World Conference coinciding with the 2023 FISU Winter World University Games, the event will focus on the intersection of climate change and winter sports. Nathan Chen, being part of the Panasonic - Creating a Greener More Equitable Future Initiative, will be one of the guest speakers at the conference on YouTube Live scheduled to start tomorrow 01/14/2023 at 2PM:

sheetz

Record Breaker
With the FISU World Conference coinciding with the 2023 FISU Winter World University Games, the event will focus on the intersection of climate change and winter sports. Nathan Chen, being part of the Panasonic - Creating a Greener More Equitable Future Initiative, will be one of the guest speakers at the conference on YouTube Live scheduled to start tomorrow 01/14/2023 at 2PM:

Sadly it's been reported that Nathan won't be speaking due to contractual reasons.
Olympic gold medallist Nathan Chen has withdrawn from the FISU World Conference.

There are said to be contractual conflictions for the American, which have only been discovered now.

He is still due to come to Lake Placid but it has been confirmed to insidethegames that he will not be speaking.

reader3

Chicago Lady
Final Flight
Country
United-States
So do yall think he will come back for the next Olympics or no?
Would you like him to? ;)

In my humble opinion and can't speak for others here, but I think he will be wrapped up finishing his degree.

I know he has some hip issues and would rather he goes out on top.

The exhibition and show skates won't take as much out of him.