Nathan Chen | Page 879 | Golden Skate

Nathan Chen

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
Raf: ‘I would love to have him back in January’

Though he seems to have accepted that this won’t be happening.

shine

Record Breaker
Cool....but i wonder why he chose to use the movie version of Rocket Man. Elton John's version is much better...but maybe more dated it?

sheetz

Record Breaker
I watched him on the webcam and the new program looked like an exhibition program and not a competitive program. :scratch2:

RainMaker

On the Ice
I watched him on the webcam and the new program looked like an exhibition program and not a competitive program. :scratch2:

Yeah im very worry, it look like he did the choreography himself, respect for nathan for takinf big risk with this routine. It soo different

chanchan

On the Ice

yeah, it does seem like an EX program. Also i don't like the music choice, these two pieces don't have strong relevance and can't be heard like one hundred times. I wish nathan would have some more soulful FS program.

sheetz

Record Breaker
I really do think this was an EX program and not his new competitive program. It even had his signature roundhouse kick.

chanchan

On the Ice
This season is really vital to nathan.His tech is already there. Now he needs two GREAT programs to build on his reputation to be the best male skater in the world. The short is nice. but the long i can't see it.

Ella5555

On the Ice
Is it EX or FS? Nathan, you’re making us crazy. I’m leaning toward EX. It doesn’t seem like a Marie-France choreographed program.

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
I don’t think he really has a truly signature or iconic FS as a senior yet. Not like a Nemesis or even Caravan. I don’t know if MFD is a choreographer capable of giving him one.

discode

Final Flight
I really doubt it's an ex. :scratch2: Seems a little to choreographed for that. It reminds me of LoA with a slower start and then the choreo picking up at the end. Seems like it's missing some required spins and stuff, tho maybe those elements are in the part I didn't see (only saw about 3 minutes). And I love the music choice! Seems pretty unpolished, which I kinda expect.

I could be wrong, but I'll be surprised if he's bothering to do another exhibition right now. :laugh:

SP is looking great.

shine

Record Breaker
Ugh, I’m also praying it’s an exhibition program. It’s so.....out there, but not necessarily in a good way. And I agree with oatmella about him not having a signature FS yet. As a two-time world champ he really should be looking at creating that one program that people would remember him by at this point in his career. But this doesn’t look like it would be it....

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I don’t think he really has a truly signature or iconic FS as a senior yet. Not like a Nemesis or even Caravan. I don’t know if MFD is a choreographer capable of giving him one.

Not a particular fan of this music for FS, let alone an ex program.

MFD is highly capable. She was the one responsible for great choreography like "Roxanne" for V/M. Her Land of All FS last season for Nathan was one of my favorites, yes Sam was involved but not on ice and with the main choreo.

I'd rather see Nathan finding his fit with choreography and trying these new, different things than the same old Lori Nichol number she's choreographed over and over and just put another skater to it.

Hollymolly

Medalist
I watched video that took it more closer than other vids, I think music is good and two pieces go each other well. But about choreography, I can see some empty spaces. Because, he had such a short time to prepare his new fs. (It is my guess. He got his program late and he did so many iceshow in Japan. Time problem was there.)
I wish he has more time to work on FS. I see the potential of this program but he needs to work more😉