Nathan Chen | Page 633 | Golden Skate

Nathan Chen

sheetz

Record Breaker
Preordered paper copy and the kindle version is not available in the US.

“this title is not available for you.

Due to copyright restrictions, the Kindle title you're trying to purchase is not available in your country: United States.”

I bought the Kindle version but I think I might have used a dummy Japan address.

Hollymolly

Medalist
My friend bought SPUR in off-line,so i looked it breifly. They spend 6p on Nathan , and 2p that include interview. I can’t understand full but he was a serious, thoughtful, and intelligent boy.I love his interview and what he said.

sheetz

Record Breaker
I read the article and here are some of the more interesting points:

--Nathan's favorite piece of clothing is the colorful cardigan, although at first he felt it wasn't his style. He says he might try for a more colorful outfit for this season's SP.
--He's grateful to have had Adam around the rink because he makes everyone laugh with his no-nonsense humor. He's not surprised by Adam's new found popularity and his goal is to become a more calm person like him.
--Nathan's goal for this season is to improve his edge control so that he can move more freely on the ice, which is largely why he chose to work with MFD. He and Raf were both impressed with Virtue and Moir at the Olympics.
--By both skating and going to college he wants to impress upon the children skating at the rink the importance of education, and that you shouldn't give up school even if you skate.
--He says he's crap at video games because when he was younger his brothers would hog the controllers.
ETA:
--He's glad he was able to make friends with the Russian skaters at The Ice. He was always shy and never initiated conversations, but he's trying to be more assertive.

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
Nathan wearing the colorful hooded cardigan :love:

My favorite outfit though is the teal velvet suit - and in the video when he’s wearing it leaning against a wall 🔥🔥🔥

Nathan the model - the SPUR video is so amazing!!

Thanks sheetz for translating! Sounds like he gave really thoughtful answers to the interview questions and so admirable that he cares about the young skaters and showing them by his example to keep up with their education.

sheetz

Record Breaker
Some Nathan quotes from the SPUR article:

--"I always wear sweat pants but that'll have to change when I go to the East Coast (LOL). I prefer things like skinny denim which follow the body line. And I'll have to buy a coat!" (Japanese fans are already mulling over JO presents based on this.)
--"The great thing about dance is that, even if people don't speak the same language they can still communicate with one another."
--"I'm the type of person who, even if there's something I want to say strongly, I keep it hidden inside."
--"In my college life, I want to awaken things that would be surprising even to myself."

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
Teal velvet suit and that pose :love:

But he looks so cute and cozy wearing that colorful sweater!