National competitions in Norway 20/21 | Golden Skate

National competitions in Norway 20/21

Country
Norway
The national competitions in Norway, called "Norgescup" started on the 26th of September and there will be ten cups arranged until the final the 20th of March. The Norwegian Championship will be arranged between this competitions, the 15th - 17th of January.

The list of the competitions can be found here. To find the respective entries/resultlist for each competition, you have to double click on the blue field marked with "NC". The pages will be updated a few days before the competitions.

The skating federation have decided to livestream every NC this season on their very own YouTube-channel, so it will be possible to watch from home :yahoo:

Here you will find the account for livestream 📽️

National competitions 2020

NC 1 - Fredrikstad, the 26th - 27th of September - entries/result (basic, springs, debs, novice, junior, senior)

NC 2 - Trondheim, the 10th - 11th of October - entries/result (basic, cubs, debs, springs, veteran) 🎥 video

NC 3 - Stavanger, the 24th - 25th of October - entries/result (basic, cubs, debs, springs, junior, senior, syncro) 🎥 livestream

NC 4 - Tromsø, the 7th - 8th of November - entries/result (basic, debs, cubs, spring, novice, junior, senior) - Cancelled

NC 5 - Kongsvinger, the 14th - 15th of November - entries/result (basic, cubs, debs, springs, veteran, senior men) Cancelled

NC 6 - Hamar, the 21th - 22th of November - entries/result (debs, novice, senior) Cancelled

NC 7 - Oslo, the 28th - 29th of November - entries/result (debs, springs, basic) Cancelled

NC 8 - Bergen, the 5th - 6th of December - entries/result (cubs, springs, novice, junior)
Cancelled

Norwegian Championship - Oslo, the 15th - 17th of January - entries/result (debs, novice, junior, senior) Postponed until February/March

NC 9 - Sarpsborg, the 23th - 24th of January - entries/result (debs, novice)

NC 10 - Romerike, the 30th - 31th of January - entries/result (junior, senior, basic)

NC Final - Bergen, the 20th - 21th of March - entires/result (basic, debs, novice, junior, senior)

Last edited:
Country
Norway
I´m planning to watch part of the events on livestream this weekend. As there will be both a junior and senior events there are some interesting skaters to watch. The Junior A field is filled up with talented young skaters who jumps difficult jumps. At the first NC the junior girls did several 3Lz and 3F attempts, and Linnea Kolstad has a very nice 3T-3T.

Ida Vamnes, Mia Risa, Linnea Kolstad Kilsand and Oda Havgar are some promising juniors to watch up for. Mia and Linnea both competed at JGP last season. Ida moved up from novice to junior this season, and she actually won the first junior event of the season, and broke the Norwegian junior ladies record at the same time (129,13 points). The last record was taken by Mia last season at Challenge cup, where she got 124,74 points.

At the first NC this season, Mia Risa was the very first and youngest lady skater in Norway to land both a 3Lz and 3F in the same program.

In the senior A event it will be a fight between Frida Berge who is in her first senior year, and Silja Anna Skulstad Urang. Both I would say are candidates for future international championships. Frida Berge has more stable jumps, and she won the the first event by quite a margin, taking a new PB with 133 points overall. Silja is a very elegant skater to watch and she has a nice biellman spin, sadly she tend to UR a lot of jumps and therefore she miss a lot of technical points.

The Junior A short program will start at 16.36 CEST, on Saturday, time converter here.
The Senior A short program will start at 18.21 CEST, on Saturday, time converter here.

I will post the direct link to the stream when it´s ready!

Sondre Oddvoll Bøe has not signed up for any of the NC events yet. Normally he only participates at the Norwegian Championship.

Last edited:
Country
Norway
Result after the SP yesterday:

Senior A

1) Silja Anna Skulstad Urang 41,33
2) Frida Turiddotter Berge 40,61
3) Karie Sofie Slørdahl Tellefsen 37,67

Junior A

1. Linnea Sophie Kolstad Kilsand 51,90
2. Mia Caroline Risa Gomez 49,50
3. Ida Eline Vamnes 42,21

Yesterday history was made again in Norwegian figure skating, Linnea is the first junior lady to hit 50 points in the SP. :cheer:Also Mia followed close up, and she also made new PB and has the second best SP score for junior lady in the Norwegian history!

Linnea landed a clean 3T-3T and all though she only jumped 2Lz as the single jump (probably a popped 3Lz?), she got 30,10 in TES, which means if this was in a senior event and competing international she would have the SP minimums for WC. Such a motivating thought!

Mia landed a clean 3F - 2T combo which was a pretty strong performance. She had a fall on her 3Lz and wasn´t fully rotated by a quarter, but she wasn´t far behind in TES with her 28,44. Todays FS is going to be fun to watch as there will be a fight about the gold. And not to mention that Ida Vamnes which had a rough skate yesterday, but who won the last NC and until further has the Norwegian overall record for junior ladies with her 129,13, is ready to fight.

I have a feeling that the overall Norwegian junior lady record will be broken again!

Oda Havgar in the 4th place, less by a point behind Ida could also fight for the podium today. In the last she was second in the FS!

The Junior ladies FS will start about 3 hours, at 14.05 CEST.

Country
Norway
Result after the SP yesterday:

Senior A

1) Silja Anna Skulstad Urang 41,33
2) Frida Turiddotter Berge 40,61
3) Karie Sofie Slørdahl Tellefsen 37,67

Junior A

1. Linnea Sophie Kolstad Kilsand 51,90
2. Mia Caroline Risa Gomez 49,50
3. Ida Eline Vamnes 42,21

Yesterday history was made again in Norwegian figure skating, Linnea is the first junior lady to hit 50 points in the SP. :cheer:Also Mia followed close up, and she also made new PB and has the second best SP score for junior lady in the Norwegian history!

A little late, but here is the overall result for the senior and junior ladies last weekend, and I have included the result from the first cup also underneath. It´s interesting to see the changes in podium position. The ladies are fighting between the gold, silver and bronze, as they are at an even level. The record holder for the overall junior ladies wasn´t even on the podium this time, she placed 4th, as she didn´t have the best skate. There wasn´t a new overall ladies junior record, all thought it was close, but there was several new personal best scores for the skaters.

Also quite interesting to see that Kari Sofie Slørdahl Tellefsen won the senior ladies event. It´s her first top placement as senior skater :)

Result Junior ladies A, NC 2:
  1. Linnea Sophie Kolstad Kilsand 127,09 (New PB)
  2. Mia Caroline Risa Gomez 124,54 (Pb 124,74)
  3. Oda Tønnesen Havgar 112,15 (New PB)

The first cup (NC 1)

1. Ida Vamnes 129,13 (New PB and Norwegian junior ladies record)
  2. Mia Risa Gomez 120,25
  3. Linnea Sophie Kolstad Kilsand 114,72

Senior A ladies

NC 2

1. Kari Sofie Slørdahl Tellefsen 116,57 (New PB)
  2. Silja Anna Skulstad Urang 111,84
  3. Frida Turiddotter Berge 111,74

The first cup (NC 1)

1. Frida Turiddotter Berge 133,08 (New PB)
  2. Silja Anna Skulstad Urang 116,87
  3. Kari Sofie Slørdahl Tellefesen 102,92

I´m also very happy to see that all the current senior and junior ladies are on the entry list for the next NC in 2020, in Tromsø, Hamar and Bergen. Normally the skaters skips a few of them, probably because they usually do international competitions instead. This means that the fight for the NC Pocal will be a real fight - they can maximum compete in 6 NC and they get points for every competetions. The current rankings for the NC are to be found here.

Last edited:
Country
Norway
I did overlook two of the NC - one in Kongsvinger (nr. 5) and one in Oslo (nr. 7). I have updated the first post now and it should be right.

Almost every entry for the rest of 2020 are now updated. As I was going through the list I discovered something very interesting.

I noticed that for the competitions in Kongsvinger and Bergen there are actually entries for senior men - first I thought maybe Sondre was going, but no - there is a completely new name in the senior men event!

This was completely unexpected as there havn´t been any current skaters in senior og junior men except Sondre, for years - and the younger boys are competing in Novice or Debs now.

As I checked the name, Simon Bergersen, it appears he was a former promising junior skater, which hasn´t competed since Nordics 2011 in Copenhagen, where he placed 5th in the SP, but placed last in the FS. He was the Norwegian Junior Champion in 2011 and 2011. His best SP was 40,40 and overall score 107,75. It looks like he did most triples except 3A, 3Lz, 3F - so he did not have the most difficult layout, but seemed like a promising talent. It also seems he stopped competing quite sudden.

Here is a video from his SP in 2011. He has a really interesting spin position. Apparently he was also the first Norwegian skater to do a black flip on ice. I found a picture from his club where he is jumping, and it looks like his current physic and technique is quite good.

It looks like he has been coaching the last few years for a club in Oslo and he is still a co-coach. So now all of a sudden it looks like he is maybe returning to competitive figure skating as a senior skater - which to be honest is quite surprising as it has been 9 years since last time, he never competed as a senior before and he is now a co-coach. Never heard of anything like this before. From what I can tell, he is 28/29 years old (he was 18 years back in 2010)

I have seen retired skaters, who miss skating, start again, mostly for fun, and compete in a Veterans events, but returning after 9 years to compete in the senior men events is quite unusual.

Not sure how much to make out of this, maybe he just wants to try a competition again and see, but I will watch him closely in 2 weeks at his debut as senior. I assume it's possible that he would also compete in the National Championship in January if it works out for him, which means that Sondre will actually not compete against himself for the first time ever as senior skater!

This is so cool!

Last edited:
Country
Norway
The competition in Tromsø this weekend is cancelled because of Covid-19. There is a fresh and uncontrolled break out of new cases in the city, involving several schools. Together with new national measures today, where it´s highly recommended not to travel across the country - they decided to cancel. Tromsø is far north, and almost every skater from other clubs would have to travel by plane.

Not sure what will happen with the next competitions. The government today has highly recommended areas with large numbers of Covid-19 cases to close training facilities (indoor), which i´m afraid will apply to ice rink as well. So ice rinks in Bergen and Oslo-area may be closed.

Last edited:
Country
Norway
The Skating Union has decided to cancel all further competitions the next months because of the situation, as it´s highly recommended to cancel such events, and they also already decided to postpone Norwegian Championship until February/March. They will find a new date. There won´t be any new competitions before earliest end of January 2021.

Bergen and Oslo is gone into very strict local measures, which even means training areas will close, and it will probably affect some of the rinks. They have given exception for organized sports for children and youths up to 20 years. I think it means that young skaters belonging to a club would still be allowed to train at ice rinks, but it could mean that some senior skaters won´t be allowed in Bergen and Oslo. In that case it senior skater Silja Anna Skulstad Urang in Bergen can´t train at the ice rink. Sondre, all though he lives in Oslo, trains at Asker club, and I don´t think they have the same restrictions as in Oslo, so I hope he won´t be affected.

Maybe they will let the senior skaters skate too, they are so few over the age of 20, it doesn´t really make sense to cut them out.