nationals tickets | Page 2 | Golden Skate

nationals tickets

Jhar55

Medalist
Seats on the ends are very good you get a better view of everything not just what happends in front of you.

childfreegirl

Final Flight
Jhar55 said:
Seats on the ends are very good you get a better view of everything not just what happends in front of you.

At COI this year we were on the end where the skaters came out. They were the best seats ever (front row too) b/c we got to see the skaters come out and skate around and when they were goofing around before they got on the ice. No goofing around at Nats probably, but I hadn't thought of that until just now.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
childfreegirl said:
At COI this year we were on the end where the skaters came out. They were the best seats ever (front row too) b/c we got to see the skaters come out and skate around and when they were goofing around before they got on the ice. No goofing around at Nats probably, but I hadn't thought of that until just now.
I dunno, there were quite a few times when the skaters were more relaxed... granted I'm sure they weren't anywhere near as loose as during the show, but there are those moments when they goofed off (at least last year lol)

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Thanks for the feedback from several about the benefit of end seating!! Makes a lot of sense.

This is starting to feel SO real!!! I was originally planning to drive but just checked fares from Chicago and it makes a whole lot more sense to fly. Somehow the process of booking a plane ticket makes it real!

Anyone else staying at the Hyatt?

DG

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I'm staying at the official hotel... IIRC lol sad that I don't know where I'm staying right? ;)

I still haven't gotten my tickets :scratch:

PAskate

On the Ice
Tonichelle said:
also, early practices you will see Peggy, Dick, Peter, and Doug Wilson (the director) hanging out near the cameras not in the K&C... watching, taking notes, and joking around. Doug Wilson can be mistaken for Dick Button, but trust me it's not always Uncle Dick...:laugh:

I believe that Doug Wilson retired at the end of last season.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
PAskate said:
I believe that Doug Wilson retired at the end of last season.

really? I hadn't heard anything, but I wasn't really looking for info on him :) thanks for the heads up

oh and I got an email back explaining where my tickets are :rolleyes:
Toni, I have located your order and it was one of our late orders that will be processed here at Savvis Center. We are in the process of filling those orders now and you should receive your tickets in about two weeks.

Last edited:
DG - I'll be at the Hyatt Regency at Union Station. A glass of wine back at the bar in the hotel after the evening competition is de rigeur. It is needed to argue out the results, laugh at the costumes, feel sad for the losers, etc.

Joe

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
DG - I'll be at the Hyatt Regency at Union Station. A glass of wine back at the bar in the hotel after the evening competition is de rigeur. It is needed to argue out the results, laugh at the costumes, feel sad for the losers, etc.

Joe

Me too. (Hyatt) Sounds like the perfect location for the Whine and Cheese parties!! Rusty Hanger discussions can definitely be considered "cheese!"

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
STL_Blues_fan said:
my credit card just got charged for the tickets, so I am expecting mine to arrive soon :)

Yana
according to the person I emailed about my tickets anyone who ordered their tickets after June 1st their tickets will be mailed out in two weeks. They are printing them now...

which means I won't get them in time, because Alaska mail sucks :laugh: I am really upset that they are taking so long to print out and send them out... :scratch: I'm not into this idea at all...

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Tonichelle said:
according to the person I emailed about my tickets anyone who ordered their tickets after June 1st their tickets will be mailed out in two weeks. They are printing them now...

which means I won't get them in time, because Alaska mail sucks :laugh: I am really upset that they are taking so long to print out and send them out... :scratch: I'm not into this idea at all...

This stinks!! Is there an option to have them sent by Express Mail, or to hold them at the Savvis Center for you?

DG

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Doggygirl said:
This stinks!! Is there an option to have them sent by Express Mail, or to hold them at the Savvis Center for you?

DG

I didn't ask them to hold them at Savvis (I'd be afraid they'd forget about it or something, is it just me or do they seem a bit disorganized??) but I did ask that mine be mailed out sooner or ASAP and she basically said that they can't treat me any different than anyone else... which I understand but Alaska has mail troubles (mostly because postal services see the "AK" and immediatly think "Arkansas" :sheesh: )

Toni -

Time is of the essence now. Try e-mailing someone in charge of tickets and if they haven't been sent to save them for you at the box office. You will carry a picture id to pick them up. If they were sent, let them know if you do not receive them that you will go to the box office for duplicates.

Joe

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Hi Toni. When I opened my ticket package I didn't pay much attention to the envelope. My tickets were sent UPS 2nd day air. Is UPS more reliable in Alaska? Hopefully your tickets will be sent via 2nd day air as well.

It would seem logical to me that if they sent the early tickets out 2nd day, they would send the later tickets out at least 2nd day. But of course sometimes strange decisions get made!!

Let us know as soon as you get your tickets, OK?

DG

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Doggygirl said:
My tickets were sent UPS 2nd day air. Is UPS more reliable in Alaska? Hopefully your tickets will be sent via 2nd day air as well.

It would seem logical to me that if they sent the early tickets out 2nd day, they would send the later tickets out at least 2nd day. But of course sometimes strange decisions get made!!

Let us know as soon as you get your tickets, OK?

DG

I am not sure how well UPS does here in AK... normally we get stuff from fed ex and they have a one to two day buffer up here...

but with the Christmas season who knows how many troubles we'll have ... I will keep you posted :laugh:

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Tonichelle said:
I am not sure how well UPS does here in AK... normally we get stuff from fed ex and they have a one to two day buffer up here...

but with the Christmas season who knows how many troubles we'll have ... I will keep you posted :laugh:

The nice thing about UPS is that everything is highly automated. The address labels are computer printed (at least mine was) which means that so long as your address is correct on the order, your tickets will be directed to Alaska (rather than Arkansas LOL) via scanning devices reading the bar code - not people manually mixing up Alaska and Arkansas state codes.

When you get to a point to start following up on your tickets, request the carrier information and tracking number. That way you can follow the status of the shipment via www.ups.com (or Fed Ex, or whatever).

I'm sure this is a nail biter for you. I hope they don't do anything so stupid as to send the early tickets out UPS 2-Day, and the late tickets by snail mail!!!

DG

JOHIO2

Medalist
This has little to do with nat'l tickets, but does show how things get delivered. An acquaintance who is a lawyer had two adult children out of the country for last year's presidential election. His daughter was in London. His son is Rwanda. Both applied for absentee ballots that weren't delivered by postal svc. He got substitutes and sent them FedEx. Even his son in the middle of a third world nation got his ballot. Even tho FedEx called him for where to deliver and sent by an unorthodox route, he still got it and got to vote so it counted.

What I don't understand is how the post office couldn't get those delivered? Personally, I think he should have blamed the Board of Elections! But ya gotta admire FedEx for how they managed to deliver through an ad hoc route. :biggrin:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
when I voted absentee for president I got it way earlier than I thought I would

but when it was the local kenai elections that I was voting absentee i didn't get the ballot until 2 months after the election was over :laugh:

I just realized my siggy is wrong whoops

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
My tickets are in!

Just got my tickets!!!! section 321, row E. Vey excited :)

Toni, good luck with your tickets, ahve you heard from Savvis yet?

Yana