New McLaughlin/Brubaker interview | Golden Skate

New McLaughlin/Brubaker interview

FSOWebmaster

On the Ice
The fan based interview with Keauna McLaughlin and Rockne Bruabker is now online.

McLaughlin, Brubaker hope to end season with nationals gold
http://www.figureskatersonline.com/news_01152008_mclaughlinbrubaker.html

Stephanie (California, USA): What are your goals for the U.S. Championships?
Keauna: We definitely want to win. Our goal going in to nationals is to skate two great programs and get our personal best. We've been training really hard throughout the season and hopefully it will pay off at nationals.
Rockne: Well, we want to win. There are some really good teams that are competing at nationals this year. It goings to be a great competition, but we know that if we skate two really great programs that we have a shot at winning. Becoming senior pair national champion has always been one of my goals. I am working so hard to try and make that happen.

Dominique (Texas, USA): Keauna, I wish that you were old enough to make the World team this year because I think you and Rockne would do a fabulous job representing our country. How do you both feel about the rule that is preventing you from competing after all the success you’ve had?
Keauna: Well, we both would've loved to get the chance to go to Worlds but I guess it just gives us more time to grow as a team before getting to go to Worlds.
Rockne: Obviously it will be hard to sit back and watch, but we can use this to our advantage. We are planning on getting our programs choreographed early and we are going to spend extra time on the small details that we need in order to be competitive internationally next season.

And if you have not already, check out the fan based interview with Tiffany Vise and Derek Trent (posted 1/12), Jeremy Abbott (posted 1/8) and Eliot Halverson (12/23).

Questions are also now being accepted for longtime competitor Parker Pennington, the 2006 Nebelhorn Trophy and 2007 Finlandia Trophy silver medalist. Submit your questions soon at figureskatersonline.com/extras.html.

I think they are the team of the future and a gold medal at this Nats will not get them to Sweden, but it will enhance their standings in the USFS scope of things.

It's not difficult to see them as 1st place but we really have not seen the others at all during the GPs, or even exhibitions.

Joe