No season of FS is complete without... | Page 5 | Golden Skate

No season of FS is complete without...

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
What a brilliant thread! I have really enjoyed reading through it!

okay, so no season of FS is completed without...

...Predictions Game sponsored and exceptionally organized by CaroLiza_fan:points:

lmao what a fun thread

so
No season of figure skating is completed without

- CaroLiza & her dedication to prediction games

Firstly, thank you NoNameFace and Sugarpova for mentioning me and the predictions games (although, that is the second time Sugarpova has accidentally accused me of being a girl, even though she knows only too well that I'm a guy!)

But, I have to warn you now that I will not be able to run the Junior GP Game next season. Basically, I am going to be away on holidays when 2 of the rounds are on. And because the entry lists for the Junior GP's come out so late, I would not be able to put up the Predictions Threads in advance. So, it would be better if somebody else was running the whole Junior GP Game.

If I am totally honest, I would prefer to go back to running just the Nationals and ISU Games. Because doing the GP Games as well means it is relentless from August right through to April.

Anyway, back to topic.

No season of FS is completed without...

...discovering that a GS member is a different gender to what you thought they were.

...discovering that a GS member is older than you thought they were.

...Eurosport getting on everybody's nerves with the amount of coverage they have of figure skating (or lack thereof).

...me extolling the virtues of the Eurosport Player, while in the same breath listing all the things I hate about it.

...me reading a thread and thinking "Ooh, this is interesting. I'm going to investigate this further". So I start a project. But, it takes me so long to complete it that I don't get posting it until 3 months later, by which stage nobody is interested!

...me coming across some little known skater doing well in their National Championships, and going on and on about them. And then, when they make their international debut, they do not do anywhere near as well as I was expecting them to. (Happens every time. Apart from Zagitova. I called it right with her! :agree: )

...me using the same two combinations of emoticons all the time ( ;) :biggrin: or else :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: )

Sorry if this is starting to sound very ego-centric. But I can't think of anything else, because all the good ones have already been said! :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Prediction for the seasons to come:
No figure skating season is complete without poor Boyang being forgotten :no:

Just one year ago lots of buzz was about Boyang - whether he can develope to become Olympic champion or not in the future, now all attention seem to have shifted to Nathan.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Just one year ago lots of buzz was about Boyang - whether he can develope to become Olympic champion or not in the future, now all attention seem to have shifted to Nathan.

yup... and who was it the year before? and the year before? It is frequent in the sport.... but Boyang made it to the podium and has a special weapon (4lz) and is very personable so I think people are more attached to him than some others stars who lost their shine quickly... (not saying Boyang is done at all, just saying here that there is a new shining star)

andromache

Record Breaker
No skating season is complete without IceNetwork ripping off its subscribers at least twice.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
yup... and who was it the year before? and the year before? It is frequent in the sport.... but Boyang made it to the podium and has a special weapon (4lz) and is very personable so I think people are more attached to him than some others stars who lost their shine quickly... (not saying Boyang is done at all, just saying here that there is a new shining star)

Yes it's true about new star every year but I noticed that generally there's silence about him.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker

There was a lot of buzz about him after his first senior GP, but afterwards, I thought he already got overshadowed by Shoma. Even with his world bronze medal, there wasn't that much talk about him as there was about Shoma or Nathan going into this season. He's pretty under the radar by comparison in general, IMO.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
There was a lot of buzz about him after his first senior GP, but afterwards, I thought he already got overshadowed by Shoma. Even with his world bronze medal, there wasn't that much talk about him as there was about Shoma or Nathan going into this season. He's pretty under the radar by comparison in general, IMO.

Which is why it'll be :rock: when he comes back roaring next season and take all the hardware :devil:

sarama

Medalist
Just one year ago lots of buzz was about Boyang - whether he can develop to become Olympic champion or not in the future, now all attention seem to have shifted to Nathan.
Boyang, as a bronze medallist on his first trip to WC, has the odds in his favour to become Olympic champion...but Nathan still has a chance to do the same next month, Shoma on the other hand is doomed:shame:

Rika Hongo at 4CC FS and Eunsoo Lim, espcially Eunsoo, she did it à la Patrick Chan
Eunsoo is like Patrick's spiritual daughter in that regard.... I think they just get lost in the moment, have so much speed....and then they hit the boards mid jump:dumb:

I dread the one for Mai Mihara ... :\

Who on hearth would trash Mai Mihara?:noshake:.... She is cute, with gorgeous jumps, and good basics. Her PCS are appropriate for what she is doing (TBH compared to the rest of the field she is lowballed), so she isn't going to win any major competition unless everybody is a disaster (like at 4CC).... if someone starts bashing her, they must be crazy.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
No season of FS is complete...
- without watching an event in the early morn. with ancientpeas, SarahSynchro, 4everchan, those wee hour werewolves (and wine/whine, likely both), so many laughs and great memories you have given me
- without a good old cat fight, between SarahS. and 4ever's harem and trying to reach a mutual understanding or a "paws off" policy, yet tbd
- without TGee, for her intelligence, kindness and friendship
- NoName Face's gentle soul
- Eli's late night snacks
- Mr. Rice's "Zen", a true "citizen of the world", if there ever was one and his wife, Jennifer Butyrskaya
- Sackie's voice of reason
- Mango's exceptional contributions and insistence that we recognize all Canadian skaters
- AlexD's incredible updates
- andromache, for recognizing my bad humour and putting me in place when required
- Lydichee's willingness to call a spade a spade
- Nana Pat's wisdom
- Violet Bliss for making me laugh, when I needed it the most this season
- Mathman's support and contibution
- and, my Pom-poms for Team Canada...I will soon need replacing :hap10:
- to the countless others I have missed, thank you for a great season thus far!

Last edited:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
- NoName Face's gentle soul

awww, what a nice description, thank You Osmond4Gold!!! However, if someone from my surroundings would know that I've been called 'a gentle soul', she/he would not believe it :laugh:

and being sandwiched between TGee and Eli (who is GS member, just unregistered separately!), I'm feeling like a VIP :cool14:

ofc, no season of FS is complete without...

...Canadian Contingent of hilarious users with whom I'm sharing figure skating joys and sorrows of any sorts :cheer:

ramurphy2005

Unabashed Mainer
On the Ice
Country
United-States
Without me going to Youtube and watching past favorite programs when I haven't found great performances for the current season to go back and watch over and over again. *

So, these usually include stuff like: A bunch of Michelle's classics, Matt Savoie's The Mission at Nationals, Jeremy Abbott's A Day in the Life at Nationals, Jason's Riverdance at Nationals, etc

*Nathan's programs from Nationals this year will probably qualify under this category in the future in part because of their historical significance

Amei

Record Breaker
No season of figure skating is completed without...

The ladies in the front row of US nationals with the American flag shirts

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Heh, whenever I watch Match Arena footage with my Mom, she has more fun trying to understand the commentary (she's from the generation that all had to learn Russian) than watching the skaters. :laugh:

I think everybody has more or less got used to his rhinestones-and-frills taste so the blue-green one isn't that much of a surprise, but the purple one is something else indeed. :biggrin:

Wasn't Johnny Weir his designer at one point; some of his outfits still look like Weir inspired them and that genterally is not a good thing - sometimes it kind of looks like a Dolce Gabana avante garde outfit that accidentally fell int a blender or lost a battle with the weed wacker when a tornado of bedazzler came by.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
No season of figure skating is completed without...

The ladies in the front row of US nationals with the American flag shirts

I remember back in 2007 when I attended in person European Championships in Warsaw ... one Russian lady sitting next to me waving Soviet flag one with the Hammer and Sickle :biggrin:

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Wasn't Johnny Weir his designer at one point; some of his outfits still look like Weir inspired them and that genterally is not a good thing - sometimes it kind of looks like a Dolce Gabana avante garde outfit that accidentally fell int a blender or lost a battle with the weed wacker when a tornado of bedazzler came by.

Yes. Johnny used to design costumes for Yuzuru Hanyu (the worst ones).

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Why is Shona doomed?

It's because of the joke that Bronze medalists in their first trip to Worlds will win the Olympics. So Boyang has a chance, Nathan has a chance if he gets Bronze this year but Shoma is doomed because even if he gets a Bronze, it won't be at his first Worlds. That's what I understood of the joke. :biggrin:

sarama

Medalist
Why is Shona doomed?

I was just kidding. There is a long running joke regarding the fact that men who get a bronze medal at their first worlds go on to become Olympic champions (it happened for the last four Olympics). So apart from Yuzuru the only other men currently competing with that requisite is Boyang. Nathan has a chance since he still has to debut at a WC. According to this "statistic" the other top male skaters have no chance of ever becoming an Olympic champion. But as I said it's just a joke about this strange coincidence.

sallycinnamon

Medalist
No season of FS is complete without

...me crying between May and September because of the lack of competitions, updates and news :( :sad21:

Boyang, as a bronze medallist on his first trip to WC, has the odds in his favour to become Olympic champion...but Nathan still has a chance to do the same next month, Shoma on the other hand is doomed:shame:

I hope Nathan wins the silver or finishes off podium :roll9:

Yes. Johnny used to design costumes for Yuzuru Hanyu (the worst ones).

And some of the best ones too :devil: