On-Site Practice Reports | Golden Skate

On-Site Practice Reports

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION šŸ”„
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Heading over to the arena now. If anyone else is there too please post your reports and thoughts! :thank:

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Ooh I can't wait to hear reports! will there also be practices for the juniors open? I am interested in hearing reports about everyone! :laugh2:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jr. Ladies up next, then Sr. Men. For Shoma fans, he's 3rd in the music rotation. Keegan and his coach just came in the arena for a quick look. Team Eteri standing right by me.

Arena a little cold. May warm up a bit as more people come. Food sales are completely open.

lusk8

Record Breaker
Did Senior Ladies practice already or are they going after the Senior Men?

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Shoma has on a new red UNO shirt. Warmed up with some STH choreo moves. Nathan got the biggest hand when the group was introduced but nice cheers for all. Brezina looks like he's ready to rumble. Go Mike!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Brezina is a true best story happening this season along Elizaveta's post-Olympic second comeback, both making podium would be a dream!!!

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nathan fans happy when he stayed afterwards and signed a bunch of autographs.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
First time I'm seeing Rika K live. Right off the bat she jumps a 3A. Call me impressed. Gorgeous skate from Satoko. For those who like the jump summaries, I'm sure you all know you can check @rockerskating's Twitter. He's sitting two rows away from me with his lap top frantically typing away. God bless him! :hap10:

Nice applause for Liza's Assassin's Tango. Great 3A from her.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Was at the arena all day today. It is beautiful, but reeeeeeally cold inside. Wow!

Zagitova looked super strong and focused; so did Satoko. Trusova, Shoma, and Pulkinen had kind of an off day. Nathan Chen's elements also looked a little shaky. Loved seeing the choreo of Tarasova and Morozov's SP with my own eyes. [emoji23] OMG, who came up with that? Their elements are so amazing. I was trying to capture on video, but Zhenya kept jumping out of the frame! She stayed afterwards and signed autographs. Stepanova and Bukin are fantastic live. They really lit up the whole arena. Tuktamysheva landed a gorgeous 3A in her SP run through. She seemed confident and calm. What a dream for me to see Alina, Satoko, Kaori and Liza just skating together a few feet away from me. It was a magical moment, you know? I was so happy. James and Cipres were def fan favorites. Della Monica took a big crash into the boards, but I didn't see what happened. Apparently, Tiffany Zagorski is trying to turn singles ice dancing into a fad! She performed without her partner. Peng fell on her SBS 3, then went back tried it again and landed it. Kaori had a similar situation. She fell on the 3Lo(?) after the spiral in her SP run through, then went back and nailed it twice in the practice after. Hope she and P/J are confident for the short. They are both lovely live. Going to be an amazing competition.

Vancouver is beautiful, by the way! Low-key falling in love with Canada. [emoji3590]

rikaquegira

On the Ice
I'm impressed there are no full videos of practices... or am I the only one who can't find them? :sad21:
I wanted to watch practice videos to pass the time and get myself even more hyped for watching the competition! :laugh:

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
I'm impressed there are no full videos of practices... or am I the only one who can't find them? :sad21:
I wanted to watch practice videos to pass the time and get myself even more hyped for watching the competition! [emoji23]
I recorded some bits and pieces, but no full programs. :/

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wanted to watch practice videos to pass the time and get myself even more hyped for watching the competition! :laugh:

I have to watch myself, because I end up doing so much fumbling around with my tablet and/or camera that I end up missing half of what's going on in the practice, only to discover that the videos I took were junk anyway. Guess I was being selfish, or was I so frozen I couldn't move?! :drama:

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
I recorded some bits and pieces, but no full programs. :/

Just enjoy yourself for all of us! No worrying about filming! Your only obligation is to soak in all the wonderful skating.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Was at the arena all day today. It is beautiful, but reeeeeeally cold inside. Wow!

Zagitova looked super strong and focused; so did Satoko. Trusova, Shoma, and Pulkinen had kind of an off day. Nathan Chen's elements also looked a little shaky. Loved seeing the choreo of Tarasova and Morozov's SP with my own eyes. [emoji23] OMG, who came up with that? Their elements are so amazing. I was trying to capture on video, but Zhenya kept jumping out of the frame! She stayed afterwards and signed autographs. Stepanova and Bukin are fantastic live. They really lit up the whole arena. Tuktamysheva landed a gorgeous 3A in her SP run through. She seemed confident and calm. What a dream for me to see Alina, Satoko, Kaori and Liza just skating together a few feet away from me. It was a magical moment, you know? I was so happy. James and Cipres were def fan favorites. Della Monica took a big crash into the boards, but I didn't see what happened. Apparently, Tiffany Zagorski is trying to turn singles ice dancing into a fad! She performed without her partner. Peng fell on her SBS 3, then went back tried it again and landed it. Kaori had a similar situation. She fell on the 3Lo(?) after the spiral in her SP run through, then went back and nailed it twice in the practice after. Hope she and P/J are confident for the short. They are both lovely live. Going to be an amazing competition.

Vancouver is beautiful, by the way! Low-key falling in love with Canada. [emoji3590]

Bonjour and YAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!:cheer:

So happy for you, so many great skaters to see! Tiffani is a PRO, she sure rocks even solo:laugh:

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
The seniors will start practice in a few minutes! It's less cold outside today, but verrry cold in the arena again. There's a nice little crowd here to watch the practices.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Cha and Brezina both wiped out on their 4 in run through. I think Keegan popped a 3A. Everyone looking a little nervy.