On-Site Practice Reports | Page 2 | Golden Skate

On-Site Practice Reports

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
THURSDAY PRACTICES

Men's practice. They all have their game faces on. Lots of quads goin' on. On the Shoma costume drama, same purple costume...Nathan huge 4T-3T right in front of us. Love his seat belt jump technique. Sheesh, does he rotate fast! Brezina "who wants to live forever" :)party2:) gets a good hand!

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oops -- didn't see your Thursday posts Kevin. Arena definitely a little warmer. Talked to a Vancouver native and she said this arena is always on the cold side.

Will this be the battle of the 3As? Stunning 3As from Rika K and Liza T. Satoko's skating is so gorgeous -- her speed, lines, musicality. Wish I could wave a magic wand and make her jumps a little bigger, although they do look a bit bigger and better rotated to me.

Eteri was signing autographs before practice started and even smiled! :) Got to see up close and personal her displeasure when Alina bobbled one of her jumps. Not sure if it's my imagination, but it seems Alina is having a harder time powering up into that 3Lo in the 3-3 combination. Love her Charlotte though and wish it were choreographed to be held just a bit longer. I sensed a positive vibe from the team.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Proclaiming myself as a spiritual attendee, don't care:laugh:, I will save and go someday there to meet you all!!!

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Oops -- didn't see your Thursday posts Kevin. Arena definitely a little warmer. Talked to a Vancouver native and she said this arena is always on the cold side.

Are you warmer in there today? It still feels so cold to me, and I wore double shirts and double socks including my heavy-duty wool ones from Romania! LOL

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Thank you all for the updates! Bless your chilly hearts :biggrin:

:thank:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Are you warmer in there today? It still feels so cold to me, and I wore double shirts and double socks including my heavy-duty wool ones from Romania! LOL

Doin' better today. Moved down from my row (row 12) to row 6, and I could immediately feel it was colder - no big surprise there. A lot of people left after men's and ladies', and then it got REALLY cold. I dressed a little bit more warmly today too, so that helps.

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
Posted two videos from the practice that just happened ;)

Here's Shoma: https://youtu.be/fP-Oy-Chuak
He took a hard fall, poor guy

Here's Alina:
https://youtu.be/43vFr7dL0jY

Dancers are on now, but we took a little break to warm up and run some errands. Hoping to be back to catch the Pairs practice.

I always thought your avatar was a photo of yourself (with the rabbit ears)...

ETA: thank you for the videos btw. Alina's skating looks nice shot by you.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Alina looks great in her practice. Her jumps are better than in her previous competitions this season.

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker

I see I’m not the only one who assumes people are their avatar. Which means the world is full of Hanyu/Yuna/etc. doppelgängers.

Is it my imagination or does Alina seem a bit faster on the ice?

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
I'm not on site and will sadly miss the ladies SP due to a social engagement (people think it's Christmas, funny that), but apparently Rika is finding the ice rather soft, and is waiting to see whether it's the same at the competition (source: asahi.com).

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
Alina looks great in her practice. Her jumps are better than in her previous competitions this season.

yes and her footwork looks fluid and smooth and movements are very crisp, nice lines (when she's not hunched over doing crossovers) and nice speed too

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker

My avatar is dear Jin Boyang! :)
Thank you! Alina looked great today in practice! :) What an incredible pleasure to see them all live. [emoji847]