One foot spin tips (video included) | Golden Skate

One foot spin tips (video included)

siwulec

Spectator
Hi everyone :)
I am struggling with my OFS. Recently I recorded myself during one of my attempts. I am only starting to get just a minimal hang of this but I notice I am struggling with my hip.
As you can see in the video my position looks like I’m dropping my left hip and I believe it’s heavily affecting my spin. I try to focus on not doing this but I feel like I’m unable to control it.
I’d appreciate any feedback and tips about what I’m doing wrong an what I can improve.
Here is the video (please don’t laugh, I have a lot to learn 😅)

MiraiFan

Final Flight
Hold on to your entry edge for longer and really bend that knee. You also want to hold the position with your leg extended and your arms in a V for a few revolutions before you pull everything in. Others have more expertise but these are my two cents--it's a good start though!

Vicki7

On the Ice
Do you have a coach? If you do, please seek their advice on this. I do agree though, that you need to hold your positions longer: longer entry edge, then you need to hold your free leg to the side with your arms open for a couple of revolutions before pulling in. I still struggle with this at times, and can always tell if I've rushed the entry.

sampaguita

Rinkside
Hold on to your entry edge for longer and really bend that knee. You also want to hold the position with your leg extended and your arms in a V for a few revolutions before you pull everything in. Others have more expertise but these are my two cents--it's a good start though!
This. The longer the entry edge goes, the more natural the 3-turn becomes, and the more centered the spin becomes.