Osmond: 'My loop is a loop' | Golden Skate

Osmond: 'My loop is a loop'

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Canadian Kaetlyn Osmond sensitively portrayed Mimi from La Boheme in her free skate, reeling off six triple jumps in the process, including a soaring triple flip-triple toe loop to win the silver medal. The three-time Canadian champion received a score of 142.15 for the effort resulting in a total competition score of 218.13. Her only error came in the doubling of her planned triple loop, though she had all level four grades of execution (GOE) in her spins.

“That is the way I have been training all season at home,” said the 21-year-old. “That’s the way I have wanted to compete all season. Obviously, it still wasn’t perfect, but I did everything that I possibly could and to the best of my ability. My loop is a loop, I’ll figure it out eventually. But overall, I was just super excited with how I could remain focused and that is what I have been working on the most this year: remaining in myself and in the moment, trusting myself and trusting my training, and finally it paid off.”

“I have been trying to shrink it a little, but the more I gain on Evgenia the more she gains also,” Osmond said about closing the point-gap between Medvedeva and her. “It would be incredible to really push to get that gold medal, but I finally learned how to skate for myself this year and finally learned to enjoy every moment and not worry about placements and not worry about results. I just want to keep going with that.”

More from the top ladies