P. Howard withdraws from election | Golden Skate

P. Howard withdraws from election

N

nthuz

P. Howard withdraws from election

I thought the governing council meeting would be a big battle over wheather P. Howard would be re-elected...oh well not to be. She has withdrawn her name from the ballot.

T

thvudragon

Re: P. Howard withdraws from election

Finally! She is nothing but a gutless person who can't stand up the likes of $ir $peedy.

TV

E

Emilieanne

What the USFSA (and other federations) need

What the USFSA (and all the other federations) needs now for their president is someone who is not afraid of the ISU tyrant. No doubt that the Governing Council meeting is going to be a doozie...how many of the members are going to really show up and use their proxies as effective tools and get this situation taken care of once and for all.

It is also time to get after the sponsors...they don't like wasting money or looking stupid...and it IS in their interest to protect their bottom line. All corporate sponsors need ethics clauses in their contracts with anything they sponsor, and they need to not be afraid to exercise it when a sponsored group is not doing what is required. John Hancock Financial Services successfully did such a thing by demanding that the USOC clean up its mess or else there would be no money...that is exactly what needs to happen here.

Getting back to Phyllis Howard...it took a lot of courage for her to take her name out of consideration as she obviously does not believe she is up to the job of standing up to Speedy or any of the other ISU-o-crats.

A

Allie Katz

Re: What the USFSA (and other federations) need

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Getting back to Phyllis Howard...it took a lot of courage for her to take her name out of consideration...[/quote]

"Courage"? Are you serious?

To me it looks like a blantant case of her trying to "save face", i.e., she doesn't think she'll win and doesn't want to be pegged as a loser, so she quits the race.

E

Emilieanne

Allie Katz, you were more direct and correct...I was trying to be polite here. That aside, however...everyone knows (and obviously Phyllis does seem to have some clue, albeit not much of one) that she is obviously not up to the job of standing up to the ISU tyrant. To stand up to that one takes some real moxie and I am not sure who has the kind of "youknowwhats" to do that job effectively, and that is precisely what is needed and needed now.

It is also no secret that the American TV networks that have contracts with the ISU are none too happy with the ISU as ratings have fallen and the amount of money that the ISU is getting amounts to approximately 80% of the ISU's monies. Furthermore, those TV contracts with the ISU are coming due very shortly (this coming July, I believe).

What would also help considerably would be for ABC and ESPN to not renew their contracts with the ISU unless there was an ethics clause therein like the one John Hancock Financial Services has in their contract with the USOC. We all know that John Hancock got results and it is high time that ABC, ESPN and Disney (Disney owns both ABC and ESPN) took a cue and did the same thing.

We can all help make this happen by writing ABC, ESPN and Disney and urging them to insist on ethics clauses in their contracts with the ISU. All of us doing this can make a difference, despite what some of the naysayers out there say. Therefore, I challenge any of the naysayers who are tempted to ridicule this idea to come up with a solution to this problem that we can all participate in rather than "throw stones."

Meanwhile, although I do not have e-mail information for contacting ABC, ESPN or Dinsey, I do have snail-mail and FAX information and those will get the job done:

Mr. Alex Wallau, President
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc.
77 West 66th Street
New York, NY 10023-6201
212-456-7777
212-456-1424 FAX

Mr. George W. Bodenheimer, President
ESPN, Inc.
935 Middle Street
Bristol, CT 06010
860-766-2000
860-766-2213 FAX

Mr. Michael D. Eisner, Chairman & CEO
Mr. Robert A. Iger, President, COO & Director
The Walt Disney Company
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521-9722
818-560-1000
818-560-1930 FAX

May I also add that Visa sponsors not only the USFSA but also the IOC. Here's their information (sorry no e-mail):

Mr. Malcolm Williamson, President and CEO
Visa International
900 Metro Center Boulevard
Foster City, CA 94404
650-432-3200
650-432-7436 FAX

We can solve this one. Let's do it!

M

Mathman3

Maybe Phyllis Howard is positioning herself to come out in support of the WSF.

MM

J

Joesitz

As we used to say back in the late 60s: "The Times, They Are A Changing!"

I'm with MM, Howard just may be ready to split ranks.

Oh, what a lovely war.

Joesitz