Pairing 14 year old girls with 20 year old guys | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Pairing 14 year old girls with 20 year old guys

oleada

Record Breaker
Honestly, I have a hard time watching most of P/N's program's because he looks much older and she looks much younger. But that Barbie exhibition is the worst.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Carman & Knierim are an even worse mismatch than Nuss & Paetsch. I just watched them on icenetwork in the exhibition--the Indian number they did was age appropriate for her but not for him (sort of the reverse of the Barbie number).

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Carman & Knierim are an even worse mismatch than Nuss & Paetsch. I just watched them on icenetwork in the exhibition--the Indian number they did was age appropriate for her but not for him (sort of the reverse of the Barbie number).

In many of the Junior teams (Gueli / Marron, Okamoto / Berning, Moore / Gaumond, Best / Young, Kelly / Woodruff) the male partner is already too old to compete internationally at the Junior level, and Tracy Tanovich (Tanovich / Chau) won't be eligible to compete until the fall of 2010. In others, the male partner ages out after this season (DeRita / Accardi, the Schleichers, Paetsch / Nuss, Guillen / Curzon). The forgoing include many of the top finishers at Nationals. Pflumm / Pottenger and Butler / Jacobsen (who moved up to Seniors this season) have aged out as well.

Who is left in the Junior ranks who can compete in the JGP next year? Byrne / Bartholomay (5th) and Davis / Miller (12th).

So next season, the USFS must look to the Novice Pair ranks for JGP competitors. The top 5 are promising, including Carman / Knierim, who look mismatched but will have one season of Junior eligibility. Chase / Speroff and Castelli / Shnapir will each have one season, while Bautista / Hopson should have two, and Andrews / Anderson, the 2007 Intermediate Pairs champions, should have many more.

Can't help but think some posters are demanding rules about age differences, and instituting censorship. They see sin in the making. :rofl:

Joe

:sheesh: No, it's just plain awkward to watch...
The remote can go off as well as on. I'm looking at figure skating not whatever is awkward about it. There is far to much awrkwardness in figure skating anyway, and not just Pairs.

Also, if they are a good team, they can handle it properly. I find the height differences much more awkward than the age.

Joe

Last edited:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Last I saw Speroff, he was paired with a girl named Luchau.

They split a few months before Nationals. It seemed to work out for him, as he and his new partner Brittany Chase beat out Castelli/Shapir for Novice silver.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Amanda Luchau and Andrew Speroff split in mid-August 2007 even though they had been assigned to the JGP in Lake Placid as the 4th U.S. junior pair. Hopefully he will finally be able to compete in his first JGP this fall with Brittany Chase since he will age out of ISU juniors after the 2008-09 season. Chase is new to pairs, and so she's done very well in such a short time!

Last edited: