Pairs - Free Program | Golden Skate

Pairs - Free Program

Rosaleen

Medalist
CHN Zhao / An Start No: 1
Notes: Music Superman soundtrack / him in pale blue shirt & dark pants her in blue-green top & chiffon skirt / thr 3l / sbs 3t2t /axel lasso lift / sbs spins were pretty good bit far apart / I'm finally caught up / thr 3s which she landed with a big smile / music gets heavier for sbs steps good sync - could be a little closer together / sbs 2z bit out of sync but both clean / 2tw is nice & floaty with arms overhead catch / coe Y spirals were very nice - last spiral in seq got very slow / toe lasso lift / I missed the last lift and the fids / This was a much better skate than I expected after their short program / new pb into 1st of course.
POL Michalek / Paluchowski Start No: 2
Notes: Music: Ogniem | Mieczem soundtrack / dark green velvet him with creamy sleeves her with match fabric around neckline of dress / 2 tw is a bit low but clean / thr 3s think she 2ft / toe lasso lift / sbs spins were in and out of sync / 2s steps 2f / spirals are nicely done / hip lift to star went well / they fell on a lift during warmup so glad they seem to be ok - mentally for the program / sorry people - I've missed a couple of things - hopefully will improve for the rest of the event / taking a second look at their costumes - I think they're old ones of Dorota & Marius - I seem to remember them from one of the 1st Skate Canada's I attented. / new pb for free prg / into 2nd /
SVK Kabatova / Hanulak Start No: 3
Notes: Music: Three Musketeers wearing navy blue shiny fabric with white sleeves. I missed most of their program (an unexpected emergency took me out of me seat during their skate) sorry /

Rosaleen

Medalist
Ok, I hate to admit it, but I have no notes at all on the 2nd warm-up group. No excuses -- I was just so cold and with no one beside me to talk to I literally dozed through the whole group -- I just couldn't keep my eyes open. . .

No offense meant to the skaters, it wasn't their skating that caused it. . . and anyone that knows me knows that pairs is my 2nd favourite discipline (after men)

Anyway I have company again so promise not to doze off during the next 2 groups.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Rosaleen said:
Anyway I have company again so promise not to doze off during the next 2 groups.
LOL, you'd better not! :) Thanks, Rosaleen, and try and stay warm!

Rosaleen

Medalist
I won't keep you waiting for this one - THEY SKATED GREAT!!!!

USA Namiotka / Coughlin Start No: 8
Notes: Music: The Prince of Egypt very nice shades of sand / wonderful axel lasso lift with carry & changes of pos - too hard to describe / sbs 2a / sbs spins in very good sync & nice pos / one hand hip lift with great air pos & changes / thr 3 sal with a big cheer from their coaches just inh front of me / 3tw is clean / sbs 2z2t / thr 2l / they've got some real life to them and both have big smiles on their faces / O ftwrk is well done / step overhead lift - she has great air pos and he moves really well in the lifts / I didn't see the spirals - we were raving about their lifts / pair combo spin is good / fids is very nice / they're both over the moon - I don't think they believe that they actually did it / into 1st /

Rosaleen

Medalist
CAN Maheu / Cote Start No: 9
Notes: Music: Takito Milliter both in black with turqoise / 2tw is nice with arms overhead on catch / thr 3s she was forward on landing but don't think she put her hands down / step overhead to star / sbs 2a far apart both fell in sync / spirals are good - matching lines / lasso to one hand one hand set down / thr 2f / 2f turns 2s she singled the flip / sbs spins mostly in sync / press lift to star to platter with carry / sbs steps are good / fids from her in front shoot duck that works well in transistioning from one pos to the other / pair spin is well done kept up the speed nicely and good pos / into 2nd overall /
RUS Krasilnokova / Bezmaternikh Start No: 10
Notes: Music: Don Quixote him in matador style red top her in matching red velvet / some chor to start / high flying very nice 3tw / thr 3l is very good / sbs 3t she fell / sbs spins were close together & very good sync until the last upright pos / bods / hip lift to star with multiple pos / sbs 3s she bailed out after revs - no hope of landing it / spirals are ok / lasso to one hand with one hand dismount / thr 3s / toe lasso lift is good / they maintain good speed on the lifts / sbs step are musical / pair spin to end the program is ok / new pb for free into 1st overall /
CAN Demers Boutin / Joncas Start No: 11
Notes: Music: West Side Story her in fushia him in black tshirt & jeans / 2tw is good / sbs 2a she single / lasso lift to star / thr 3s fell / step overhead to star / Y split into bods with change of hands - his pivot should be lower / sbs 2z she singled into 2t / spirals match well / thr 2f / sbs flycam sit with inside edge to leg in front ch sit upright ch sit - good sync throughout / sbs steps are ok / hip lift to star / pair spin is good and into closing pose / into 3rd overall /

Sylvia

Record Breaker
YAY for Bridget and John!!! :clap: :rock: I love their "Prince of Egypt" program -- they brought the house down at Nationals in St. Louis with it.

Rosaleen

Medalist
RUS Vasilieva / Smirnov Start No: 12
Notes: Music: Leeloo's Tune her in mauve with purple accent him in the reverse / right into sbs 3t she fell turns 2t / 2tw is lower than I expected but clean / sbs 2f she fell out / thr 3l poss 2ft / lasso lift with one hand set down / thr 3 sal sliding falll on stomach / spirals are nice / sbs steps match and are interesting but don't match the music / ? Lift with changes of pos / step overhead to one hand with one hand set down / fids / sbs spins are very slow but maintain pretty good sync & matching pos / pair spin to end the program / into 3rd overall /
I feel bad for them - this was a really tough skate

Rosaleen

Medalist
SWE Pylkina / Hogner Start No: 13
Notes: Music: Jalouse Andalouse, all that remains him in black with lacey top with red underneath her in red / 3tw is very nice / thr 3s poss light tough down with free leg / sbs 3s she fell think he double / sbs spins were in rpetty good sync / nice one hand lift with on hand set down / thr 3l something went wrong and she landed a single on 2 feet / spirals match nicely in spite of the height difference / sbs 2z - good sync / toe overhead to star / fids with change of hands good pos by both / sbs steps in sync / lasso lift / pair spin she fell out of the camel but they finished the spin / too bad, they were so happy to be in 3rd after the short. -- she's had a lot of health problems over this season / into 3rd overall /

capcomop

Rinkside
Sylvia said:
YAY for Bridget and John!!! :clap: :rock: I love their "Prince of Egypt" program -- they brought the house down at Nationals in St. Louis with it.

That program is really a masterpiece! I am so excited for them I can't stand it! Medal or not the experience is all worth it!

Rosaleen

Medalist
USA Moyle / Seitz Start No: 14
Notes: Music: Jealousy Tango Nu tango maroon & hot pink accents / 2tw is good / sbs 2a turn 2t / thr 3l is good / toe overhead with one hand set down / sbs 2z / he oes spread eagle into fids with change of pivot / thr 3s on lean in air fell / step overhead one hand set down - he was a bit scratchy on turns / sbs flysit to upright ch sit upright - sync was quite good / trouble on 1st spiral in seq - think he lost balance and had to check it / hip lift to star - something seemed off on exit / sbs steps are good until she tripped and almost fell near end / pair spin is ok / new pb for free into 1st overall
USA Vlassov / Meekins Start No: 15
Notes: Music: Paycheck sound track in purple with turqoise accents - / sbs 2a she single he was ok / step overhead / thr 3l was very nice / toe lasso lift / nice move into 2tw / sbs 2z hop turn 2f she stepped out of flip a bit early not sure if it will count as a step out / I just missed something / spiral match well / thr 3s from a nice entrace / pair spin is well done / hip lift is very complicated with changes of rotation but ends at a dead stop / I didn't really see the O ftwrk / bods with 1 rev in catchfoot by her / new pb for free into 1st overall /

Frau Muller

Final Flight
Congrats to the USA's Vlassov/Meekins.....WORLD JR CHAMPS!!!! 1 -2 for the USA!!!!! This bodes well for the future of American pair skating!!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

mzheng

Record Breaker
Frau Muller said:
Congrats to the USA's Vlassov/Meekins.....WORLD JR CHAMPS!!!! 1 -2 for the USA!!!!! This bodes well for the future of American pair skating!!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Yeah. That's a good start. But they have to stick together.

IMO, in general American cutural (emphasize personal freedom, quick success, etc.) has somehow influence in pairs success.

Russian pairs and chinese pairs usually stick together for long time to be able to reach to the top level. And more or less they are usually paired up by their coaches. When coach see the potential matching skaters, they pair them up, as long as two of them not against each other. Late when the conflicts arising, they work things out, and usualy coach has more to say, not just walk away.

michelin man

Spectator
Let's talk about how one of the russian coaches of one of the russian teams walked away from his team and wouldn't sit with his team in the kiss 'n cry That doesn't seem right either

Now, if only the men grow taller and not the Ladies, the USA may have the beginnings of gold medal Pairs in Seniors. (It's been a long time even for a podium finish.)

I believe the best team (Bruebaker and Miller) had to split because she grew.

Joe

Sylvia

Record Breaker
CDMM1991 said:
Is it just me, or does Bridget seem a bit too skinny?
Just so people don't get the wrong idea or jump to the wrong conclusions about Bridget Namiotka... It's my understanding that she can't really help that [looking very skinny]. Her USFS & ISU bios both mention her "chronic pancreatitis that she controls through a special diet" and I've also heard she and her team are very vigilant about monitoring her health.

CDMM1991

Medalist
Sylvia said:
Just so people don't get the wrong idea or jump to the wrong conclusions about Bridget Namiotka... It's my understanding that she can't really help that [looking very skinny]. Her USFS & ISU bios both mention her "chronic pancreatitis that she controls through a special diet" and I've also heard she and her team are very vigilant about monitoring her health.

Oh wow. Thank you so much for the explanation Sylvia.