Pairs LP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Pairs LP

fumie_fumie

Final Flight
Annabelle interview

Bone is completely healed. but they are quite frustrated. As far as time line goes, they will know for sure next week. they don't know for sure at this moment, if they can go to 4CC.

They said it has been a very frustrating process. Every time they think they can go ahead, there have been some setbacks.

They have trained in non-jumping elements. Other stuff is extremely ready, but it comes down to Annabelle being able to jump and throw.

fumie_fumie

Final Flight
Rachel Kirkland / Eric Radford CO

Rachel Kirkland / Eric Radford - Central Ontario

Music: Dare you to move
3 Twist, the height was very good.
Throw 3 Loop, Kirkland fell, what else is new?
SBS 3Sal, Kirkland singled.
SBS 3T, Kirkland fell again.
SBS combo, nice
Good lift
Throw 3 Loop, K stepped out.
Death spiral, nice
Lift, beautiful, difficult exit from it.
Step sequence, unusual, mirroring each other on the ice.
Lift - Balancing problem. Kirkland didn’t get up. Big mistake for lift,

Big disappointment considering the hype they have been getting. Good program though.

Marks: 78.00
Total: 127.77

fumie_fumie

Final Flight
Mylène Brodeur / John Mattatall

Music: Gone with the wind

Lift, super dismount
SBS 3t, she fell on the landing edge
2 Twist, wasn’t smoothest
3 throw, girl hands down
SBS spin, good
Combo spin, good
Lift, very good
SBS 2A-1t, John singled the second jump, but they settled into the music and get the momentum back.
Throw 3 sal, the speed on the landing, huge big smile
Lift, reaching out to the audience
Death spiral, quite the closing pose

Three major mistake, but considering how this competition is going, this may be enough for them to secure bronze. These guys are really having fun out there.

Standing O. Personally, I don’t think this is as good as their performance at Skate Canada

Marks: 104.22

Fae

Rinkside
Click the icon that's shaped like a video camera. I had to wonder around aimless clicking for a while too!!!

Thanks for the link btw

lmarie086

Medalist
Quite a performance from Dube/Davison. Definitely what I had expected this season.
Much improved since NHK.

I think she put a hand down on the first throw, but it was still really good. 3 twist is so much better, looked like they got good height on it.

rain

Record Breaker
Whoohoo! Dube/Davison just laid down the gauntlet. Great performance. Much improved from earlier in the season. Elements all looked clean, including the 3twist.

fumie_fumie

Final Flight
Dd

DD

Carmen

3 Twist: Hugh
SBS 2A-2A SEQ: nice
Lift: beautiful
Throw 3Lutz; she puts hands down, otherwise beautiful
Combo spin: out of unison, then get it back.
Lift, Beautiful, super quality.
I missed one jump here: they landed.
Beautiful glide on the ice.
Throw 3 loop: exquisite
Lift: ticking off marks.
Step sequence: very polished, dramatic, they are getting the audience going
Death spiral
Combo spin
Dramatic end

They delivered and got competitive fire back. Big standing O.

Marks: 126.21

lmarie086

Medalist
Duhamel/Buntin looked nervous. A little shaky in spots, in particular I thought on the second lift. I think the title will go to Dube/Davison, who really delivered tonight.

But I've been wrong before lol.

Nope I was right. Overall about 6 points behind Dube/Davison. Still, it's remarkable for them to be doing so well after such a short time together. They're still lacking in polish somewhat (though I feel they are much, much better than last season) which will come with more time.

This could be a good rivalry IMO.

Last edited:

fumie_fumie

Final Flight
Db

Tosca

SBS 3T-3T SEQ
Lift: super dismount
SBS 2Sal: Megan put a hand down, Craig doubled. That wiped out the margin they had.
2 Twist
Death spiral: nice
Throw 3 loop: huge, super landing
Lift: position a bit strange
Throw 3Lutz: she did herself, Kurt said.
SBS spin: out of unison
Step sequence: good attack
Combo spin

Two many little mistakes and glitches here

I think they are a bit too nervous in their performance; they didn’t have the fire they showed in TEB. They weren’t in their zone, but they were focused.

Marks: 116.76
Gutsy silver medalist

rain

Record Breaker
D/B strong as well, but a number of small errors. Looking good for Canada to qualify 3 for the Olympics though, with these two teams. Both could be top 5 in the world.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
D/B strong as well, but a number of small errors. Looking good for Canada to qualify 3 for the Olympics though, with these two teams. Both could be top 5 in the world.

Yes. They've already been top 6 in the World 2008 - D/D (3rd) & D/B (6th). Both are capable of strong performances!

Medusa

Record Breaker
All in all, two great top couples. But I still don't like the D/B program. Both couples use warhorses, so I think you can really compare the programs. I just don't forgive D/B the last 20 to 30 seconds of the program, where the music is the most dramatic and punctuated - and they do a slow pair spin, that has nothing whatsoever to do with the music. The changes of position aren't with the music, nobody does any movements remotely related to this dramatic music. Not everybody has to flail his arms to this part (like a certain Russian) - but just give me something...

Thanks everybody for the reports and of course for the link that allowed me to watch some of this!