Plushenko look-alike? | Golden Skate

Plushenko look-alike?

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Why is Evgeny called Zhenya? Is it a common nickname for someone named Evgeny or is there another reason he is called this?

Zanzibar

Final Flight
I've always thought Evgeni and Adrian Brody could have been twins, "separated at birth," lol. Evgeni also bears a passing resemblance to his violinist/composer Edvin Marton (great guy, btw).

Zhenya is a Russian nickname for Evgeni, like Sasha is for Alexander. But generally only Russians refer to him as "Zhenya." Personally, I've only until last week spelled his name "Evgeny" - and I noticed last night watching the broadcast of Cup or Russia that ABC spelled it the same way.

However, looking at the official CMM site for Plushenko, it states that he prefers to have it spelled, "Evgeni" - with an "i", instead of a "y" so now I'm trying to break a years-old habit - even though I prefer the "y".

Okay, lol - how much more can we parse this?

Google hits:

Evgeny Plushenko -- 9,830

Evgeni Plushenko -- 12,700

Zhenya Plushenko -- 2,120

MM :p

IDLERACER

Medalist
You know something? Owen Wilson and Peter Tork kind of look alike. I believe one can also throw a youthful Gerard Depardieu into the mix. Click HERE. :cool:

I'd have to disagree with the Adrien Brody comparrison, however. He looks more like a male K.D. Lang. :biggrin:

Ximena

Final Flight
Mathman said:
Google hits:

Evgeny Plushenko -- 9,830

Evgeni Plushenko -- 12,700

Zhenya Plushenko -- 2,120

MM :p

You can't imagine how many more combinations are :laugh: I have found Yevgeny, Yevgeni, Pluchenko, Pluschenko, Plyushchenko and on and on and on

John King

Final Flight
Koroleva said:
It's Elena Sokolova.
Of course I know that,as a fan of hers,I was being my often silly self.{Off-topic},didya know there is a Russian website and forum for her?I think it's her official site,because of the photos being copywritten.The site is FS-Sokolova ,and the forum is here .

IDLERACER

Medalist
People are always mistaking Elena Sokolova for Haley Mills. Sarah Hughes and Reba Mckintyre have similar problems, as do Elvis Stojko and Fred Savage.